Logos 4 crashes when opening "Biblical Places"

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 425
George | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 9 2012 12:49 PM | Locked

Logos 4 crash while using "Biblical Places"
When I try using the Logos 4 "Biblical People" tool Logos crashes.  Places""Biblical People" and "Biblical Things" under the "Tools" menu are working OK.

On my laptop Logos 4 installation using "Biblical Places" only gives me this message "Some or all of the required resources (Places, Maps, & Lcv) are not currently available.  "Biblical People" and "Biblical Things" under the "Tools" menu are working OK.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

George
7271.Logos Log Files.rar

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2012 1:11 PM | Locked

Observation: RAR is a proprietary archive format => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAR that needs additional software for creation and uncompression.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18917
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2012 1:21 PM | Locked

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Observation: RAR is a proprietary archive format => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAR that needs additional software for creation and uncompression.

Yes, George, zip is the preferred compressed file format for sharing here on the forums, because it's more universal.

However, KS4J, the free Stuffit Expander can unpack RAR files: http://www.stuffit.com/win-expander.html

Also WinZip (which has a 45-day free trial) can unpack them. I used to have WinZip on my machine but seem to have lost track of it in a machine upgrade.

Posts 425
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2012 2:19 PM | Locked

Keep Smiling Smile

I figured the geeks who usually answer these kind of questions wouldn't care if the post is zip or rar.Smile  People who wonder  what rar is most likely won't be able to solve my issue.  But just in case here come the logs in zip format.

6011.Logos Log Files.zip

Thank you!

George

Posts 8743
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2012 2:30 PM | Locked

You're running the 4.5b beta, so I'm moving this thread to the Beta forum.

Posts 8743
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2012 2:43 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:

Also WinZip (which has a 45-day free trial) can unpack them. I used to have WinZip on my machine but seem to have lost track of it in a machine upgrade.

7-zip is a free program that supports all popular (and many unpopular Smile) compression formats.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 4:23 PM | Locked

George ~ are you still seeing this crash?

Posts 131
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 4:36 PM | Locked

I'm having a related problem.  I click on Biblical Places and it came up as a popup but the window was grayed out.  Nothing shows up.

Posts 131
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 4:40 PM | Locked

Woops... I'm using the latest Mac Beta release.  Interestingly, I tried to click on Logos -> About after opening Biblical Places (whether I have it still open, docked in a tab or closed doesn't matter), Logos hangs with a beach ball.  I have seen this happen twice.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 4:58 PM | Locked

Ryan Schatz:

Woops... I'm using the latest Mac Beta release.  Interestingly, I tried to click on Logos -> About after opening Biblical Places (whether I have it still open, docked in a tab or closed doesn't matter), Logos hangs with a beach ball.  I have seen this happen twice.

The current Mac Beta (4.52.0.2176) and stable Mac release are identical.

Apologies: using Logos 4.5b on Mac OS X 10.6.8, can open Biblical Places.  Personally looking at a photo of Mount Tabor.

Curious about diagnostic log content and Biblical Places location ?

Could enable diagnostic logging, restart Mac, launch Logos 4 Mac, open Biblical Places.  If Logos 4 Mac hangs, please wait for 4 minutes.  If Biblical Places still not usable, then compress log files and attach to a forum reply (or create a new thread in Mac Beta forum).  Wiki Mac Troubleshooting has => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac

Optional: download and use 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip to display your logging setting, then change to enable logging.

Optional: download and use Logos Log Scribe application to create a zip file on your desktop that includes your diagnostic logs plus a copy of console messages.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 131
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 6:21 PM | Locked

Thanks, KS4J.  I created a new post in the Mac Beta forum with the log.

Posts 425
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2012 7:24 AM | Locked

Yes, I still have the problem.  here is the current log.

8713.Logos Log Files.zip

Grace and peace!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2012 8:52 PM | Locked

George:
Yes, I still have the problem.  here is the current log.

Looking at Logos4Crash.txt file, noticed error "Cannot get 'IsLoadingPlaceInfo' value (type 'Boolean') from '' (type 'BiblicalPlacesViewModel')." that later had no name for Biblical Places to load.

Idea Wonder about opening a Bible to Luke 2, then right click on a place in the passage (e.g. Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Judea, Nazareth, ..), then click place, then Biblical Places ?  (to specify a place name to open in Biblical Places)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 425
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2012 2:34 PM | Locked

Idea Wonder about opening a Bible to Luke 2, then right click on a place in the passage (e.g. Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Judea, Nazareth, ..), then click place, then Biblical Places ?  (to specify a place name to open in Biblical Places)

Keep Smiling Smile

Same behavior.  Logos crashes and exits. 

Grace and peace!

Posts 5432
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 18 2012 4:01 PM | Locked

Just a clarification on file [un/]compression utlitlies

Rosie Perera:
he free Stuffit Expander can unpack RAR files: http://www.stuffit.com/win-expander.html

You need to purchase Stuffit to be able to use if for RAR files.  Free version only does ZIP and Stuffit Native format....

The program Bradley mentioned does the trick for free.

Bradley Grainger:
7-zip is a free program that supports all popular (and many unpopular Smile) compression formats.

Note: 7-ZIP only unzips RAR, but doesn't create it.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 18 2012 4:12 PM | Locked

This issue should be fixed in 4.5c Beta 2; if you could let us know whether or not you continue to experience the issue once you've updated that would be much appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS