What happened to the Ancient Christian?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 26 2012 8:09 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture (ACCS) series?  I was looking through my wish list this morning and noticed that when I click on it, it no longer seems to be in the catalog.  Yikes!  Am I too late?

Thanks, Steve

Posts 9240
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2012 8:25 AM

Stephen, for some reason Logos no longer carries this. It is available elsewhere. You'll need to look around.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2396
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2012 9:26 AM

This commentary series seem to come and go on Logos' website, so who knows, it may show up again.  But as Mark said, it is available elsewhere.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2012 9:55 AM

Can you point me to the other electronic sources that I can integrate into Logos 4?

Posts 28477
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2012 10:33 AM

Stephen - Forum rules prohibit directing people to other sites to purchase Logos resources. I can tell you that there is a publisher reason for these volumes being withdrawn, and Logos is not allowed to sell it any longer. They are working to get it back. In the meantime, the only way to get it is to find a 3rd party willing to sell it to you.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2012 10:41 AM

Stephen Kerr:

Can you point me to the other electronic sources that I can integrate into Logos 4?

Observation: the Forum Guidelines include:

Please do not use our forums to

• sell or give away anything or link to anything you’re selling or giving away—including Logos products
  • promote or link to competitors
  • point people to other places that sell Logos-compatible products
  • advertise yourself, your business, your ministry, your website, etc. (a tasteful link in your forum signature is acceptable)
  • post Logos Coupon Codes. If you are aware of a special promotion Logos is running online, you are welcome to link directly to the promotion.

Wiki has => Adding New Resources to Logos 4 since Libronix 3 resources were available on CD from a number of places.  One risk in buying Libronix CD's is serial number registration.  If previously used, then a license transfer needs to be done that involves Logos Customer Service along with a transfer fee being paid.

Note: am aware of some old Bible Software CD's that are unopened (from a variety of manufacturers with various formats).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5292
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2012 10:45 AM

I won;t give a direct link but in this case for a product Logos does not sell themselves i think it would actually be ok…  you will find it easily on EDIT: several places, I do believe it will show up here again sooner or later though.

-Dan

EDIT:my Bad i will not do this again. thanks for bringing the rules  to my attention fully.

Posts 5292
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2012 10:59 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Observation: the Forum Guidelines include:…

• promote or link to competitors

Just a reminder promoting is not the same as discussing comparing other softwares features as confirmed by Bob himself elsewhere. I am not going to mention now another company, but just remind people we have been told we have the right to mention other software here, as long as we are not posting some sort of advertisement or a link to them.

-Dan

Posts 11075
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2012 11:46 AM

This is silly. Logos builds 'wish lists' to encourage users to buy Logos resources. Big bucks for Logos.

Then they remove resources knowing FULL WELL that the user has it on their wish list. No email; no nothing. The absolute ESSENSE of courtesy (we'll leave the 'Christian' part out ... we all agree businesses don't do 'Christian').

Next a user still wants to purchase the LOGOS product. But no one can tell the person 'where'?

It's easy: on your search engine of choice, search 'CD-ROM' and 'Libronix'. If you want to narrow it down, add the name of the Logos resource. And make sure it's for your PC or Mac (some are different; don't know why).

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2012 12:03 PM

Sorry about that everyone.  Didn't intend to get anyone in trouble.  Relatively new user here.  Thanks for your comments.

Posts 28477
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2012 12:38 PM

Stephen - You didn't do anything wrong, we just needed to explain why we couldn't answer your question directly. By the way, it looks like you subscribed to the thread. If that is the case, you may have gotten emails each time one of us responded. You might want to go back and read the now redacted emails. I don't know what was posted, but it would be worth looking at more closely. Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 26 2012 1:22 PM

DMB:
Then they remove resources knowing FULL WELL that the user has it on their wish list. No email; no nothing.

Would appreciate wish list link going to a web page so could request notification from Logos when product is available for purchase.  Cognizant about product availability being dependent on contract update(s) with publisher(s).

DMB:
t's easy: on your search engine of choice, search 'CD-ROM' and 'Libronix'. If you want to narrow it down, add the name of the Logos resource. And make sure it's for your PC or Mac (some are different; don't know why).

Observation: Libronix 3 and Logos 4 resource files are identical.  Libronix CD-ROM's tend to have Libronix software for Windows so to unlock resources on a Libronix 3 CD for Logos 4 Mac use involves contacting Logos Customer Service.  Note: can also contact Logos Customer Service to unlock resources on a Libronix 3 CD for use in Logos 4 PC.

Thankful for Libronix 3 being freely available to install => http://www.logos.com/support/windows/L3/L3_Support plus can peacefully coexist with Logos 4 on a Windows computer.  Likewise looking forward to Logos 4 improvements, which include a number of Libronix 3 features not (yet) available in Logos 4, thread => What is more useful in Libronix 3.0g ? (especially compared to Logos 4.5a)

By the way, have noticed an internet search for Libronix CD-ROM is finding fewer results, today found a new Jeremiah Lifeworks for $ 8.65 (eligible for free shipping), MacArthur Lifeworks for $ 25 (with free shipping), and ACCS Complete Set for $ 242.55 (with free shipping).  Also have learned to watch for Logos sales since some resources have been on sale for less than 3rd party at various times.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5292
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 28 2012 9:55 AM

DMB:

It's easy: on your search engine of choice, search 'CD-ROM' and 'Libronix'. If you want to narrow it down, add the name of the Logos resource. And make sure it's for your PC or Mac (some are different; don't know why).

There are Accordance (mac only) and Logos (Windows/Mac) versions. Logos users on the mac wishing to have full integration with Logos will go for the Logos and only get the Accordance version if they want that on that platform.  That is the difference there.

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS