Can I delete a personal book from my library?

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Troy Green | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 9 2012 7:21 AM

I don't know how i added a personal book to my library, but i would like to remove it.  Can i do this and if so, how?

Troy

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 7:42 AM

Yes, Hover your mouse over the personal book you want to delete in the personal book pane. Right click your mouse with your head slightly tilted to the left and select delete.

Jut kidding about your head being tilted partWink

Posts 7
Troy Green | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 7:46 AM

Unfortunately this personal book is not listed in my personal books section.  Don't know why.  The only place i can see it is in my library.  if i right click there are no options to delete this resource.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 7:51 AM
Did you create the PB using the Personal Book tool?
Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 7:58 AM

Troy Green:
I don't know how i added a personal book to my library, but i would like to remove it.  Can i do this and if so, how?

Have you tried the "hiding" process with a restart? That should get rid of it.

Here is the wiki about hiding: http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_Books

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7
Troy Green | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 8:05 AM

yes.  

Posts 7
Troy Green | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 8:06 AM

yes.

Posts 7
Troy Green | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 8:07 AM

i did read about the hiding process.  That may be what i will have to do.  thanks.

Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 8:07 AM

"Yes" what? If you tried deleting the personal book via the hide process and its still showing up, can you provide screen shots?

Posts 7
Troy Green | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 8:11 AM

yes, i did create the book in personal books.  I have not yet tried the hiding process.  i have only read about the hiding process.  What are screen shots?

Posts 7
Troy Green | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 8:26 AM

GOT IT!  For some reason that personal book showed up again and i was able to edit and/or delete it.  Thanks to all.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 10:23 AM

That is odd. I know this question may sound insulting but I do not intend it that way. Is it possible you were in that pane but the scroll bar was not positioned to see the book? I have done this myself on more than one occassion. I call it a Homer moment.

Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 11:21 AM

I was wondering if Troy was getting the "you don't have any personal books" message which appears before the list actually populates.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 11:57 AM

Don't think Troy was having a 'Homer moment' (though I guess it's possible). My Hermits volume is still lost in action. It's a PB but doesn't show in the PB panel for possible deletion.

I've been watching him hide out in my library for a while. Maybe like Troy he'll make a re-appearance in PBs.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 12:30 PM

alabama24:

I was wondering if Troy was getting the "you don't have any personal books" message which appears before the list actually populates.

I've never had that come up. Maybe it s a Mac thing??

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 12:31 PM

DMB:

Don't think Troy was having a 'Homer moment' (though I guess it's possible). My Hermits volume is still lost in action. It's a PB but doesn't show in the PB panel for possible deletion.

I've been watching him hide out in my library for a while. Maybe like Troy he'll make a re-appearance in PBs.

That is odd. I have not had that happen yet. Has anyone from Logos ever provided any guidance or input about it?

Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 12:52 PM

DMB:
My Hermits volume is still lost in action.

Do you want it back? I don't know, but I am pretty sure that hermits are good at hiding out. Wink

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 1:09 PM

I don't remember Logos responding to missing PBs. But since the hermits were safely in my library, I wasn't worried.

But the plot thickens. Now the hermits are missing from my library as well. Out of curiousity (spelled wrong but who knows), I checked my L4 resource folder and indeed, there's 1 too many PBs in there. Goodness they're good.

Actually I was wanting to eventually dispatch the hermits and I think they know it.

Just a few minutes later ....

They're back!! I typed 'hermit' in the library text area and no hermits volume. But then I typed 'user created' and there they were! I KNEW it. Sneaky little things. Three of them too. (Not like Herman's Hermits).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 29810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 1:57 PM

Mrs. Brown did have a Lovely Daughter. I don't think she used Logos though.

Posts 2758
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 10:14 PM

alabama24:

Mrs. Brown did have a Lovely Daughter. I don't think she used Logos though.

But can you dance to the audio of Logos' startup? Wink

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS