E4 Bible Software

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 6
Pastoraj77 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2019 7:42 AM

Brother, I sympathize with your frustration. I always found their "no support" approach very off-putting. Now it is impossible to find out anything about them at all.

Posts 6
Pastoraj77 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2019 8:01 AM

E4 is a very hidden enterprise. I can only assume that they are out of business now, but I have to also assume that all was above board, since they were Christians. Their approach was for self-protection which I understand, but I have had to learn that God protection is better.

Posts 2
Ian Dornan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2020 11:25 PM

Good day Rich,

I trust you are well? Please can you help me. I have 2 questions:

1) I have a CD called "The Complete Works of Alexander Maclaren" as free bible software and on the cover is the E4 group and I am trying to install into Quick Verse as that is the platform I use to downlead and open all my books. Are they still going? Also the CD seems to not be able to install and does not copy over the books. Do you know how I can get in contact with E4 and/or resolve a technical querry?

2) I am also in possession of 3 CD under Libronix, Greek tools and Bible Study volume 1 and 2...how does once install/ convert from Libronix to Quick Verse?

Please can you email me at ianadornan@gmail.com

Thank you

Keep well

Posts 2
Ian Dornan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2020 11:32 PM

Thank you for the reply,

Bless you

Posts 5
John Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 9:36 AM

I've used that software for years, but I was always unsure of their right to use the software since another company was also selling the same software. Questions of both companies never were responded to adequately. I don't agree with you that just because they SAY they are Christians that all must be ok. Also, just because they say they are Christians doesn't make it so. The very fact that they have "disappeared" with leaving their customers with alternatives in using their software makes me doubt their character whatever labels we use for them. A Biblical believer is identified by his/her fruit (actions), not by their self-adhered labels. Sigh... 

Posts 5
John Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 9:44 AM

I just noticed that their address is on their Facebook page. I followed it on Google maps and found a photo of the modest home with modest cars in the driveway. It's in Corona, CA. 

Posts 5
John Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 9:52 AM

A search of the owners of that property on the E4 Facebook page shows no family as described by E4 materials: Here's the info I've uncovered. The house has been sold only once and that was in 1964. Maybe the family is living in the home of their parents or grandparents. Who knows? Sigh... 

434 Palomar Dr
Corona, CA 92879

Posts 1
David Hey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 10:00 AM

STEP was initially developed as a joint project to provide a common platform for several publishers. There are details on Wikipedia. E4 stopped distributing on CD or DVD probably about 6 years then. Since then they have published on Amazon using their collection of texts. There have been no new books for about 3 years. There is a continuing income stream here. The Logos 3 books were included in the update to logos 4 so if they were registered when logos was updated they are still available from Logos. Logos 3 was not updated to Windows 7 so now only works as a basic reader as searches are unreliable. I have had problems loading an E4 disc into Quickverse. In this case the version on the disc may work better. WORDsearch no longer use STEP so there is no commercial development of STEP keeping it compatible with Windows.

Posts 797
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 12:07 PM

John Castle:

A search of the owners of that property on the E4 Facebook page shows no family as described by E4 materials: Here's the info I've uncovered. The house has been sold only once and that was in 1964. Maybe the family is living in the home of their parents or grandparents. Who knows? Sigh... 

xxx Xxxxxxx Dr
Corona, CA 92879

• Year Built: 1964
  • Property Tax: $569.8 per year
  • Lot Size: 6,970 Sq Ft
  • Market Value: $386,295 - $462,705
  • John Bxxxx , 87
  • 951-735-****
  • Carolyn Bxxxx , 80
  • 951-735-****
  • Vivienne Bxxxx , 52
  • 562-430-****
  • Michael Bxxxx , 59
  • 503-657-****

So-o-o ...

doxxing* is acceptable Christian behavior and Logos condones it in their forum(s)?   Confused

*Doxing:  "Doxing, or doxxing (from "dox", abbreviation of documents), is the Internet-based practice of researching and publicly broadcasting private or identifying information (especially personally identifying information) about an individual or organization. The methods employed to acquire this information include searching publicly available databases and social media websites (like Facebook), hacking, and social engineering. It is closely related to Internet vigilantism and hacktivism."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 557
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 1:35 PM

This thread is weird.

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Posts 504
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 2:49 PM

J. Remington Bowling:

This thread is weird.

Preach, brother! 

Carpe verbum.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2020 4:23 PM

Ian Dornan:

have 2 questions:

1) I have a CD called "The Complete Works of Alexander Maclaren" as free bible software and on the cover is the E4 group and I am trying to install into Quick Verse as that is the platform I use to downlead and open all my books. Are they still going? Also the CD seems to not be able to install and does not copy over the books. Do you know how I can get in contact with E4 and/or resolve a technical querry?

Is there anything on the cover that would tie this CD to Logos, Libronix or Quick Verse? I do know that E4 used to publish (low quality) books onto the Logos/Libronix platform. They do so no longer. As far as I know E4 is not longer in business, though I haven't done any research. I do know that they no longer publish anything related to Logos, as Logos now does all their own publishing (no outsourcing).

If the program on the CD won't install it's likely not compatible with your version of Windows or your Mac OS. Which is to say, your CD is probably very old. As an alternative you might be able to install the free version of Logos and somehow import those resources into Logos, but I'm not sure how, or if it's even possible. (At least you got it for free!)

Ian Dornan:
2) I am also in possession of 3 CD under Libronix, Greek tools and Bible Study volume 1 and 2...how does once install/ convert from Libronix to Quick Verse?

Logos resources are not able to be read with Quick Verse, or any software other than Logos.

Ian Dornan:
Please can you email me at xxxxx@xxxxx.com

I'd advise taking editing your post and removing your email address. There are bots that can find it and sell it to spammers. Instead you could do something like this: "myname at that email that starts with a g dot com."

Hope this helps.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS