9000 mark gift

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 23681
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:43 PM

Source: http://theodorakis.net/orthodoxquotescomplete.html

These are a collection of quotes that are of interest to Orthodox Christians. These quotes were from two collections—one was from a (now defunct) mailing list in which Steven Mojsovki would occasionally post a quote that other members might like to see; the other source came from a huge effort by Keith Wilkerson to post a daily quote to various Orthodox usenet and discussion groups (of which this is but a small sample).

The quotes come from various sources, including Scripture, patristics, various Orthodox religious and secular writers, and some from non-Orthodox sources.

Created as a calendar devotion. Give it priority and it will appear on your home page

5315.Orthodox Christian Quotations CD.docx

Yes, I realize that I have not made the links to Logos resources ... I'll do that sometime.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 191
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:09 PM

Thanks a lot for creating this document!

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2012 6:28 AM

MJ. Smith:

The quotes come from various sources, including Scripture, patristics, various Orthodox religious and secular writers, and some from non-Orthodox sources.

Created as a calendar devotion. Give it priority and it will appear on your home page

MJ!                  Thank you!                       Peace to you!                ... and ......       Always Joy in the Lord!                  *smile*

What an excellent document!                Indeed!                        Your "gift" is appreciated and works super well on my home page.  Very inspiring.

Being Lutheran (LCMS) I feel I'm part and parcel of "The One Holy Apostolic Catholic (universal!) Church," and I rejoice at this day-by-day material for victorious and joyful living.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 8820
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2012 6:00 PM

Thanks, MJ. Some nice quotes in there.

MJ. Smith:
Give it priority and it will appear on your home page

Well, yeah, sort of... Given Logos home page priorities it only appeared on page two.Tongue Tied

Can someone explain why it opens together with a Bible? I checked all my other home page devotionals, and none of them does that.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 23681
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2012 12:57 AM

If you want a cover...

Basil the Great, Gregory the Theologian and John Chyrsostom seems appropriate.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 330
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:02 AM

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.