Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:00 AM

I'm trying to set up a group for my church to read through the Bible in a year.

Unfortunately, my first couple of attempts failed to indicate it was a time limited group, so the reading plan started on the day I started the group.  I deleted the groups and formed a new one, but the reading plans from the deleted groups still show up.  Short of clicking through each one of them 365 times, how do I delete a reading plan?

I like the idea of Faithlife, but I have found it to be very user unfriendly.

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:15 AM

And now my groups don't even show up (not the ones I deleted), but 4 reading plans still do.

My frustration level is rising.  Confused

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:18 AM

Michael see if this helps. http://blog.faithlife.com/

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:23 AM

Thanks Lynden, but that was just a teaser video.  I need to figure out how to delete a reading plan from my faithlife, and how to find my groups.  Huh?

I thank you for the reply though :)

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:42 AM

HAHA!  I got it!  I had to go to my Logos program and delete the reading plans from there!Big Smile

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:25 AM

Glad you got it figured out. Your post count 242 is the same as my telephone area code. Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 12:31 PM

Unfortunately, now my Logos won't synchronize.  I am about ready to give up on FBS.

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 12:37 PM

Try restarting your computer.

Posts 7
Joel Muddamalle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 12:40 PM

Michael, hopefully this will help in regards to custom reading plans: http://blog.faithlife.com/blog/2012/10/create-custom-reading-plans-to-share-with-your-faithlife-groups/ 

You can manage all your logos documents at documents.logos.com 

There seem's to be some sync issues when sharing a group reading plan that starts on a future date. Another option would be to start the group, invite members, and then let them know that the reading plan will start on a specific date. You can then start the reading plan on that date for members to connect to. 

Hope this helps. 

- Joel

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:55 AM

Joel Muddamalle:

Michael, hopefully this will help in regards to custom reading plans: http://blog.faithlife.com/blog/2012/10/create-custom-reading-plans-to-share-with-your-faithlife-groups/ 

You can manage all your logos documents at documents.logos.com 

There seem's to be some sync issues when sharing a group reading plan that starts on a future date. Another option would be to start the group, invite members, and then let them know that the reading plan will start on a specific date. You can then start the reading plan on that date for members to connect to. 

Hope this helps. 

- Joel

I've tried that, but it will not let me "share" the reading plan with the group.  Hmmm.....maybe it is because I set a group date of 1/1/13.  I'll have to playt with that when i get home.

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 1:24 PM

I give up.  Any program that is supposed to be simple that is this difficult to set up, isn't worth bothering with.

Sorry logos, but I give FSB Groups to be rated as an "F".  Too bad, I was really hoping to get folks in my church involved with this.

Posts 4
Rick Baskett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:02 PM

Yeah I've been having issues also.. it must be a sync thing. I tried the documents thing and will wait a couple of hours before starting a reading plan for the year.. hopefully the other ones will disappear at that point.

Posts 2
Brian Proffit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 11:06 AM

Michael:

HAHA!  I got it!  I had to go to my Logos program and delete the reading plans from there!Big Smile

That doesn't help if you don't have Logos; is there no way within Faithlife?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS