Stuck on Pre-Pub

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 510
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 19 2013 5:11 PM

Ceslas Spicq's two-volume commentary on Hebrews is stuck on pre-pub, but is so close to going into development.  Let's make that happen  https://www.logos.com/product/17734/the-epistle-to-the-hebrews

Also, the sixteen-volume Anabaptist and Mennonite Studies Collection has been on pre-pub for a year and needs a big boost if it is going to make it into development. 
https://www.logos.com/product/23994/anabaptist-and-mennonite-studies-collection

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 5:18 PM

I'm an Anabaptist, and I can't justify purchasing that collection as I don't think it's any good:

Daniel Yoder:
Also, the sixteen-volume Anabaptist and Mennonite Studies Collection has been on pre-pub for a year and needs a big boost if it is going to make it into development.

Sidenote: I had the chance to buy the Anabaptist history collection on Community Pricing but didn't want it and don't regret not bidding as I'm not overly interested in 16th century Anabaptist heroes no matter how good their teachings were and what they succeeded with.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 510
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 5:58 PM

Unix:
I'm an Anabaptist, and I can't justify purchasing that collection as I don't think it's any good:
Daniel Yoder:

Each to their own.  I would be glad to have this collection and am trying to bring it to the attention of others who would also appreciate it. 

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 10:19 PM

I'm definately in on Spicq's commentary on Hebrews...can't wait!!!

Posts 19045
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:40 PM

I'm in on both already.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:56 PM

I just ordered Spicq.

Posts 510
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 6:17 AM

Spicq is so close!

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 6:18 AM

I have been in on Spicq for a while now and was sold on it after reading many glowing reviews.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 11314
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 6:36 AM

For Hebrews, Spicq and Westcott are/were the only ones I'd spend my money on (outside a commentary series).  

The book's too amenable to hobby-horse people.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:22 AM

Denise:
For Hebrews, Spicq and Westcott are/were the only ones I'd spend my money on (outside a commentary series).

What about John Owen ?

Denise:
The book's too amenable to hobby-horse people.

Hmmm. Huh?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:30 AM

Daniel Yoder:
Ceslas Spicq's two-volume commentary on Hebrews is stuck on pre-pub, but is so close to going into development.

Unfortunately, both The Epistle to the Hebrews (2 vols.),  Aquinas' Commentary on the Prophet Isaiah: English and Latin (2 vols.), and Aquinas' Commentary on the Prophet Jeremiah: English and Latin (2 vols.) have been "so close to going into development" for a very long time. What beats me is that they moved so fast at first, and then they suddenly became dead in the water, in spite of all these new Catholic customers. Makes me wonder if Logos is deliberately keeping the figure below 100%...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:38 AM

fgh:
What beats me is that they moved so fast at first, and then they suddenly became dead in the water, in spite of all these new Catholic customers. Makes me wonder if Logos is deliberately keeping the figure below 100%...

"users who pre-order the earliest will get the best price."   ~ from the product description pages.

Everyone jumped on early to get the best price. The late comers are willing to wait till it ships.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:55 AM

Super Tramp:
Everyone jumped on early to get the best price.

The prices are exactly the same now as they were then.Wink

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 10:07 AM

fgh:

Super Tramp:
Everyone jumped on early to get the best price.

The prices are exactly the same now as they were then.Wink

I wonder why they would advertise it. Maybe the first order got in for a dollar.  Now I feel better about being a latecomer.

Posts 5315
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 12:47 PM

New Interpreter's Bible (12 vols.) is my Stuck in pre-pub woe…..

-Dan

Posts 11314
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 2:14 PM

I thought this thread was just earlier this week.  Then I saw my name and I knew something had gone badly wrong.

I found the thread by querying Google, after checking which of my prepubs are still looking for support.  

This thread title/intro is almost bizarre ... Spicq was 'almost there' a YEAR ago???  This week too.

We ARE talking 'Hebrews', one of the more esoteric of the NT writings, and one providing the most clear 'crossover' to the apostolic fathers period (1st Clement as I recall).  It's also the one with the most crossover back into 2nd Temple writings and the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Unique is its middle name.

And a volume by Ceslas Spicq too!

Definitely this thread needs a BUMP!  as Unix likes to say.   And Unix ... what could you possibly not like about this volume? French?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2605
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 6:03 PM

Spicq really needs more folks. They may drag their feet at Logos, but it's up to us to give them the incentive.

I've been in for awhile. This is one of the more important references. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 6:23 PM

Thanks for the bump Denise. I've been waiting for this for some time too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 25 2014 10:00 PM

lets say for a moment I live under a rock, and am unaware of who Spicq is and why I should be interested in what he has to say, how would you sell me on this volume? Coincidentally its one I am not yet in on - this is largely because I live under a rock, and have no idea who Spicq is. :)

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 26 2014 6:56 AM

I found the blog entry on LogosTalk to be helpful in understanding the value of this resource.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS