Programming suggestion for Lexicons

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 181
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 30 2013 8:30 AM

In BibleWorks, when you click on a Heb/Gk word and look on the Resources tab, that tab will indicate where that passage is specifically mentioned in the lexicon, and clicking on the link will take you to that point in the article.

I would love it if Logos did the same. In other words, on the Exegetical Guide tab, in the Word by Word on the verse, make it so that the links can take you to the place in whatever lexicon where that specific passage is mentioned.

Posts 22284
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:19 AM

Hi Daniel

Daniel J. Phillips:
I would love it if Logos did the same. In other words, on the Lexical Guide tab, in the Word by Word on the verse, make it so that the links can take you to the place in whatever lexicon where that specific passage is mentioned.

I think this is a good suggestion (I assume you are referring to the Exegetical Guide) and it would be great if Logos were to implement it.

Are you aware that the current software provides the ability to highlight "Links to Open Panels" which causes the relevant passage to be highlighted. This provides visual pointers to where the passage is mentioned.

See the screenshot below for an example:

You will probably need to click on the picture to enlarge it but you will see that I am looking at John 13:32,  I have clicked the BDAG link for δοξάσει and the reference to John 13:32 in BDAG is highlighted in pink.

Graham 

Posts 181
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:26 AM

Graham, of course you're right. I don't know how I mis-typed that; I was looking right at it. Corrected now.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll check it out now. Still so, so much to learn about Logos.

Posts 181
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:32 AM

Is there a way to make that the default setting for books I open, or do I have to do it to each book, and each time I open that book.

Thanks again, btw, Graham.

Posts 22284
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:52 AM

Daniel J. Phillips:
Still so, so much to learn about Logos.

Agreed - I know the feelingSmile

But one of the benefits of the software is that it can provide very useful functionality even when there are things we don't understand about how it works.

Also, one of the benefits of these forums is that there are normally people around and willing to help out with things we don't understand.

Graham

Posts 22284
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:55 AM

Daniel J. Phillips:
Is there a way to make that the default setting for books I open, or do I have to do it to each book, and each time I open that book.

Try right-clicking on the setting as below (I right-clicked on "Links to open panels"

Daniel J. Phillips:
Thanks again, btw, Graham.

You are very welcome.

Posts 6491
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 30 2013 11:07 AM

In addition Daniel, check out Logos tutorial videos. http://www.logos.com/training/desktop

Their youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/logosbiblesoftware

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS