Vyrso books that must be updated to Logos books

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 12:14 PM

Joseph Turner:

The only problem is that Logos may not catch that you are subject to upgrade, so you may have to call to prompt them to add the new version to your account.

This is not the only problem, the fact is Dynamic Pricing quotes cannot be trusted. Until Logos perfects this conversion process it will be necessary for the consumer to call a Sales Representative, compare the list of "new" titles to his or her current library, if there is a discrepancy call Logos customer service, get the updated files and then and only then will they know the Dynamic Pricing quote is an accurate one.

Just today whoever produces the blog boasted, "You get free updates behind the scenes." I have no doubt this is their intention and they will be true to their word. However, all their boasting creates a sense of false confidence that can burn consumers unless they check out Dynamic Pricing carefully. I also don't doubt that Logos will make good any mistake IF it is caught at a latter date. But that IF is a big IF and that is a problem.

Posts 2302
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 1:33 PM

Keith Larson:

Joseph Turner:

The only problem is that Logos may not catch that you are subject to upgrade, so you may have to call to prompt them to add the new version to your account.

This is not the only problem, the fact is Dynamic Pricing quotes cannot be trusted. Until Logos perfects this conversion process it will be necessary for the consumer to call a Sales Representative, compare the list of "new" titles to his or her current library, if there is a discrepancy call Logos customer service, get the updated files and then and only then will they know the Dynamic Pricing quote is an accurate one.

Just today whoever produces the blog boasted, "You get free updates behind the scenes." I have no doubt this is their intention and they will be true to their word. However, all their boasting creates a sense of false confidence that can burn consumers unless they check out Dynamic Pricing carefully. I also don't doubt that Logos will make good any mistake IF it is caught at a latter date. But that IF is a big IF and that is a problem.

Keith, I am not sure I understand why you disagree with what I said, unless I didn't understand your initial issue.  The problem, as I stated in this post and one in the other thread, is that Logos sees them as two different books.  One is a Vyrso book, and the other is a Logos book.  Logos' Dynamic Pricing will not see a Vyrso book and figure it into the pricing quote, because it is not a Logos book.  Upon calling Logos and nudging them to add the Logos version to your account (which you shouldn't have to do, and they seem to be working on that), then Dynamic Pricing would take effect because you now actually own the Logos book.  Did I miss the whole point of the conversation?  It wouldn't be the first time, and I apologize if I did.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 5:49 PM

Joseph,

You are correct that the initial issue is in the process of being resolved, I was just playing off your "only problem". In the process it became clear that there was a bigger problem, that is what my post was referring to. I received this very helpful rely from Logos.

"We thank you for pointing this out to us and as it turns out this is something we need to be better in tracking – the issue has been submitted to the correct department and I’m sure they will be making the necessary changes so that hopefully we can catch these type of book changes as soon as they happen and have the books updated if they have not already been done."

So some good has come out of all the drama I created. Sorry for that by the way.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:15 PM

Keith Larson:

So some good has come out of all the drama I created. Sorry for that by the way.

Yes Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2302
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:26 PM

No worries!  Glad it worked out!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 10:12 AM

I didn't read the comments in this post..  

I want to purchase Moody Bible Commentary from Vyrso. I read in the comment section of this site that it is not versified, meaning when using passage guide it won't come up. 
With that said, will Logos/Vyrso not update it? I hope that made sense. Not sure how else to word it.

Posts 25328
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 10:18 AM

Janice:

I want to purchase Moody Bible Commentary from Vyrso. I read in the comment section of this site that it is not versified, meaning when using passage guide it won't come up. 
With that said, will Logos/Vyrso not update it? I hope that made sense. Not sure how else to word it.

your question made sense!

However, currently Logos is not selling any Moody books through Logos.com, though some (a lot) are available through the Vyrso site.

We don't know the reasons for this but until / unless this changes I wouldn't expect Logos to be converting any Moody resources from Vyrso to Logos format

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 10:21 AM

May I ask another question...

If this is the case, should I just go ahead and buy the hard copy or should I just buy the Ebook (I don't have a preference right now)? Would I still be able to search through it using Logos if I got the Ebook? 

Posts 25328
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 10:32 AM

Janice:

If this is the case, should I just go ahead and buy the hard copy or should I just buy the Ebook (I don't have a preference right now)? Would I still be able to search through it using Logos if I got the Ebook? 

personally I would buy the electronic version.

it will be readable and searchable in Logos in the same way as all Vyrso books are

Posts 12143
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 10:32 AM

Janice:

May I ask another question...

Yes.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2302
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 10:38 AM

Graham Criddle:

Janice:

personally I would buy the electronic version.

it will be readable and searchable in Logos in the same way as all Vyrso books are

Also, if or when Logos starts selling Moody books again, they might up grade this version to a Logos book, which would be free to you!

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 10:46 AM

That would be awesome! 

Thank you everyone for your input, answered all of my questions promptly! I'll go ahead and purchase it from Vyrso. Geeked

Posts 5600
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 1:01 PM

Graham Criddle:
However, currently Logos is not selling any Moody books through Logos.com....

False.

Posts 25328
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 14 2014 1:54 PM

SineNomine:

Graham Criddle:

False.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Apologies, the original statement from Logos - http://community.logos.com/forums/t/69039.aspx - talks about non public domain works being removed but I had missed that detail

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 30 2014 9:54 AM

Graham Criddle:

SineNomine:

Graham Criddle:

False.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Apologies, the original statement from Logos - http://community.logos.com/forums/t/69039.aspx - talks about non public domain works being removed but I had missed that detail

I see the two Ryrie books listed there too, which is slightly odd since they are not in public domain yet (as far as I know anyhow).

-Dan 

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS