Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1127
Milkman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 26 2009 6:39 AM

Good morning!

How can you view a picture in 3D?

Posts 6270
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 7:15 AM
The 3D function on Logos is 'oddly' good on Logos; not sure why. To view the 3D images, you'd normally need what's called anaglyph glasses (one side red; one side either blue or azur) and you'd look at the images that have a red/blue tinge). For the images that are paired (stereoscopic), you either need to look at them 'cross-eyed' (giving you a headache) or have a special viewer, which on the internet is cheap. However Logos throws in a third choice which they call 'Wiggle'. This moves the images back and worth allowing your eyes to see both images easily in 3D. What's not immediately apparent is to choose each of these, you click on the right most choice called 'Normal' when you first open the resource. For any 3D'rs out there, if you copy the image, it copies the image pair separately, which can be pasted straight into 3D software, allowing improvements in the views (many of the pairs are reversed left/right) and not aligned vertically; didn't see any where the rotation is incorrect).

Posts 28
Tito | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 7:43 AM

First of all... Happy Holidays!!!

I was not aware there were 3D images in Logos 4. Would you be so kind to direct me where to find them?

Thanks in advance,

Tito 

Posts 7139
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 7:58 AM

Tito,

Check your library for something called, "Stereoscopic Images of the Middle East"  (Other similar resources are available)

Across the top you can see the final menu which normally says "normal" you can set it to use 3d glasses if you have them, or get a digital approximation with the "wiggle" setting.

Posts 28
Tito | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 8:05 AM

Very nice!!!

Thanks again,

Tito

Posts 1531
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 3:14 PM

THAT IS SOOOOOO COOL. I am going to have to order a pair of glasses now.

Posts 22
Arttu Hiekkanen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2012 3:18 PM

I just got a bunch of basic 3d glasses and was anxious to try them on these pics. I've tried all the view options mentioned above. Now.. is it just me or have these options been removed alltogether? I'm currently unable to set any of these. The menu items I see are "Overview" "Actual Size" and "Fit" which all work, but even the "visual filters"-triplering in the above image just isn't there.

I'm currently running Logos Bible Software 4.5b (4.52.0.2176), Scholars Libarary (JG) on a Windows 7 machine and these stuff was surely working a few months ago when I demonstrated it to my nephew.

My new 3d-glasses are laying on the table so lonely.

Posts 6270
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2012 5:04 PM

You're right ... the 3D settings seemed to have disappeared. I hadn't noticed since I moved them to my own software, and even to my 3D camera (FujiFilm).

I assume your 3D glasses are of the blue/red variety (in which case you need the settings).

Absent a quick fix from Logos, free software on the web works well: StereoPhoto Maker (version at least 3.2 picks up MPO types which most 3D cameras use). It's located on many sites and if VERY good.

You just copy the file from Logos with a right-click and then paste into StereoPhoto Maker.

Also if you have a 3D TV, they typically read the MPO format if you save it out. The B/W's are nice even on a large screen.

Posts 4213
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 8 2012 7:56 AM

Arttu Hiekkanen:

I'm currently running Logos Bible Software 4.5b (4.52.0.2176), Scholars Libarary (JG) on a Windows 7 machine and these stuff was surely working a few months ago when I demonstrated it to my nephew.

This was a regression introduced in 4.5b that will be fixed in an upcoming update.

Posts 25
Frances Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2012 6:58 PM

I have the Scholars Library, why don't I have Stereoscopic Images of the Middle East.

Frances 

Posts 15860
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2012 7:14 PM

Frances Johnson:
I have the Scholars Library, why don't I have Stereoscopic Images of the Middle East.

Is it an L4 base package? If so, you should have this resource. Is it possible you hid the resource?

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 25
Frances Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2012 7:32 PM

It is Logos 4. How would I have hid it? 

Posts 25
Frances Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2012 7:37 PM

sorry just correcting my grammar. How would I have hidden it?

Posts 14109
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2012 7:44 PM

Tools -->Program setting --> Hidden Resources allows you to hide (remove) resources that you do not use while retaining your license should you want to return them to your active library.

Logos4catholics Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25
Frances Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2012 8:07 PM

Thanks, I've found it. Now all I need to do is buy some 3D glasses.

Posts 2368
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2012 9:06 PM

I have same menu as Thomas in the earlier post… maybe it is fixed again

am using: Logos Bible Software 4.5b SR-1 (4.52.0.2194)

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 6270
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2012 9:30 PM

One resource works (the one 'media resource'); the other still doesn't. I don't remember if they ever 'both' did since I didn't use the menus (moved them to regular stereoscopic software).

Posts 13110
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 11 2012 1:41 PM

Using Logos 4.5b SR-1 (4.52.0.2194) on Windows 7, can confirm stereoscopic library resources have menu that works.

In contrast, Logos 4.5b SR-1 (4.52.0.2194) on Mac OS X, noticed lack of 3D picture controls along with "Actual Size" and "Fit" not working.  Also resizing floating window on Mac OS X 10.6.8 did not change image size.

Added one more line to => Feature Parity list since Logos 4 Mac needs many improvements

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 442
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 11 2012 2:33 PM

Hmm.. must not work on windows xp.. seems like I miss out on a lot. I guess I need to upgrade systems.

Posts 367
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 16 2012 11:02 PM

Where could I get some good 3D glasses?

Charlene

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS