Help - Accidentally restyled Highlight to "No Highlight"

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 7 2014 2:02 AM

I was in the process of restyling my popular highlights to conform them to the highlighter styles in the quick highlights feature of the latest iOS update.  However, something went wrong...  

I somehow managed to change my Blue (from the Solid Colors palette) highlighter style (which I use A LOT!!!) to "No Highlight" style.

This means that each highlight I made is still in the applicable note file, but my highlight is now invisible in the resource!

Because the "No Highlight" doesn't appear in my highlights palette, I don't seem to be able to undo this change by restyling No Highlight back to a proper highlight style.

Does anyone know any other way to restyle a highlight, or do I need to contact Tech Support for help?

Thanks Yes

Posts 22977
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 7 2014 2:10 AM

Paul-C:
Because the "No Highlight" doesn't appear in my highlights palette, I don't seem to be able to undo this change by restyling No Highlight back to a proper highlight style.

I can't immediately think of a way to do this in bulk. Even if it were possible it would probably end up including all your highlights which you had intended to make "no highlight"

Paul-C:
Does anyone know any other way to restyle a highlight, or do I need to contact Tech Support for help?

I would contact Tech Support and don't make any further changes until they have had a chance to have a look at it

Hope you get this resolved quickly.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 7 2014 3:28 AM

Appreciate the advice Graham - will do! Thanks.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 7 2014 8:50 AM

Spoke with technical support. It appears that there is no way to either:

1. Bulk "un-restyle" highlights; or

2. Bulk restyle the "No Highlight" highlight style to a highlight style that does have some sort of highlight attached to it.

Bummer - as I've effectively lost a lot of highlights due to my own carelessness! 

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 7 2014 9:14 AM

If I re-installed a Time Machine back-up so that I restored Logos to as it was a few days ago, and perhaps deleted and re-installed my iOS apps, might this restore my highlights, or would the highlights synced on the server over-ride my attempt to restore the highlights?

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Dustin Masters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 7 2014 11:32 AM

I am looking into this issue for you right now.  I'll follow up with you in an email.

Software Dev at Logos.  How to post your logs: (Windows) (Mac)

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 8 2014 2:02 AM

Just to round off this story for future reference, Logos tech support restored all my note files to the state they were in the day before I had this disaster, and it's all back how it should be. 

I'm very grateful for the excellent support and customer service I received. Thank you, Logos. Yes

Posts 22977
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 8 2014 2:20 AM

Paul-C:

Just to round off this story for future reference, Logos tech support restored all my note files to the state they were in the day before I had this disaster, and it's all back how it should be. 

I'm very grateful for the excellent support and customer service I received. Thank you, Logos. Yes

This is a great testimony and thanks for sharing it with us.

Glad you managed to get things restored.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS