Huge encyclopaedia: The Dictionary of Christianity and the Bible

Page 5 of 7 (132 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 131 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 13373
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 19 2014 12:32 PM

BillS:
What did I do wrong?

Sorry for the delay, Bill. I've been on holiday.

The reason Passover doesn't appear is because the article in DCB is entitled "Passover (Christian Holiday)", rather than just "Passover". Logos doesn't know that the two are equivalent. It's frequently a problem, I'm afraid (e.g. "Atonement" is "Atonement in Christianity").

It doesn't always occur, because Logos does know a number of topics are equivalent (that's what the LCV is for), so a Topic Guide for "Lord's Supper" will return the DCB article on "Eucharist". But Logos doesn't know about both examples above, so the right article isn't found.

Posts 3669
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 19 2014 1:16 PM

Thanks for the response, Mark.

Is the DCB supposed to show up in the topic section? Or only the collections section of the topic guide? Using various search inputs, I get results from DCB in the collections section, but not the topic section. Still OK?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 13373
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 19 2014 11:18 PM

BillS:
Is the DCB supposed to show up in the topic section? Or only the collections section of the topic guide? Using various search inputs, I get results from DCB in the collections section, but not the topic section. Still OK?

Yes, that's correct. PB's won't show up in the topic section, which is why I suggested creating the Collections section for DCB and any other encyclopedia PBs you have.

Posts 3669
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 20 2014 9:14 PM

Mark Barnes:

PB's won't show up in the topic section...

Thanks Mark. Then MTG appears to be working correctly, & THANK YOU for that tip!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 10:08 AM

Thanks Mark.  Yes

Posts 1511
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 11 2014 5:43 AM

Just saw this now - thanks so much!

And... I second the suggestion to make a Wikipedia Art resource. I have at times used Wikipedia to gather art from artists I appreciate, like Blessed Fra Angelico. Of course, apart from this being difficult to put together, tag, etc., it might be quite a few Terabytes of data, especially if the high res versions were harvested.

Posts 46
Peter Bongers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 12:14 PM

Just wanted to say "Thanks!" This is a very welcome resource!

Posts 50
Davy Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 4:38 AM

Dear Mark,

It seems the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zid9v5a520stxzs/Dictionary%20of%20Christianity%20and%20the%20Bible.zip  not available now.

could you please re-post the link again so the we can donwload it.

thank you for your great job!

BR / David.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 5:12 AM

David Wang:

Dear Mark,

It seems the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zid9v5a520stxzs/Dictionary%20of%20Christianity%20and%20the%20Bible.zip  not available now.

could you please re-post the link again so the we can donwload it.

thank you for your great job!

BR / David.

I just tested this; the link is still active and I was able to download the resource. I don't know what could be causing it to not work for you, though.

Posts 558
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 9:02 AM

Thank you, Mark!  I just built my very first PB.

Do you have other PB's available somewhere?  Is there a source page for PB's?

John

Posts 1511
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 10:09 AM

You might want to look through this forum - https://community.logos.com/forums/66.aspx

Posts 558
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 11:55 AM

Mark,

i have completed compiling the book and followed the instructions for adding it to topic guide.

i would like to upload this book, but the button is greyed out.  Has Logos 6 already done this automatically, or is the book to large to be uploaded?

Posts 10132
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 11:58 AM

John Kaess:
is the book to large to be uploaded?
yes, several times the current maximum size.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 558
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 5:31 PM

Fr Devin Roza:

You might want to look through this forum - https://community.logos.com/forums/66.aspx

Thank you!

Posts 151
Dave L | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 24 2014 4:47 AM

Thanks!!

Posts 31
Bryan Hawkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 7:57 AM

I downloaded the files correctly and was able to convert the dictionary when I was using Logos 5, but do to an issue I had to re-download the dictionary in Logos 6 and convert it again. But this time the conversion never finishes. It seems stuck at around 25% or so. Anyone else have this problem with personal book builder in Logos 6? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 8:27 AM

Bryan Hawkins:

I downloaded the files correctly and was able to convert the dictionary when I was using Logos 5, but do to an issue I had to re-download the dictionary in Logos 6 and convert it again. But this time the conversion never finishes. It seems stuck at around 25% or so. Anyone else have this problem with personal book builder in Logos 6? Suggestions?

Thanks.

How long have you left it? It's a big resource. From memory, it took nearly an hour to compile for me and the percentage got confused, but in the end it finished.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 1:17 PM

Bryan Hawkins:
But this time the conversion never finishes. It seems stuck at around 25% or so. Anyone else have this problem with personal book builder in Logos 6? Suggestions?

My conversion is stuck at 25%. I deleted it and started over. Still no luck.

Any help?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 1:22 PM

Jonathan Pitts:
How long have you left it?

2 hours with no movement.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 3:01 PM