BUG: I'm getting two e-mails for every forum post again!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 1 2014 4:31 PM

For several days now I've woken up to find my inbox spammed with extra copies of every forum post. It usually seems to start in the evening PST, and then go away again some hours later, but occasionally it happens for short periods of time during the day as well. Like right now. Please stop this! 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9501
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 4:36 PM

I've never had this. When you say "again" what was done to fix it before?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 4:42 PM

How would I know? I don't work for Logos.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 6691
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 5:04 PM

Fgh, give them a call. Something is wrong with the mail server and they would want to look into it.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 6:21 PM

I have been getting double posts too. It's a Logos issue, at least it has been in the past.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 2 2014 7:17 AM

The double posts finally stopped around 7 AM here, which I guess is about 10 PM PST. I hope it was because Logos did something, but since they've come and gone for days...

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9501
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 2 2014 7:20 AM

fgh:

How would I know? I don't work for Logos.

I was just asking because I thought they may have told you.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 3 2014 4:16 AM

Double posts again between 1 and 3 AM PST.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 8:11 AM

I'm still seeing this virtually every day. When I was away three days last week I came home to find over 1100 forum e-mails waiting for me, most of them duplicated.Tongue Tied

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 295
LogosEmployee
Toby Steele (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 14 2014 8:45 AM

We have a case open to fix this. I've appended your latest post to the case. Thanks for the reminder.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 21 2014 9:42 AM

I'm still waiting for a fix for this very annoying bug, but now it's become even worse: BUG: Now I'm getting no e-mails for many forum posts.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 295
LogosEmployee
Toby Steele (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 21 2014 4:35 PM

We're actively working on this issue. A backup server maybe the culprit. We're disabling it for tonight to verify. Please let us know if you continue to receive duplicate e-mails after 5:00pm PDT.

Thanks!

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 12:23 PM

Because I don't get the e-mails, I never saw your post until now. No, the last duplicate seems to have come just before midnight Swedish time, which should be 3 PM your time. Though since I get so very few e-mails at all, it's hard to say for sure yet. The duplicates came some hours a day, or many hours a day, but never 24 hours a day. 

I'll let you know if they come back.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS