Restoration Movement Base Package

Page 3 of 5 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 87 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 10453
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 4 2015 5:00 PM

The point from Into Grace is good. But anyone familiar with the restoration publishers vs restoration groups knows there's going to be an issue with sales volume, if not narrowly grouped.

I know the forum is chock full of broad-minded readers, but the formula of new publishers >> collections is a whole lot easier to market. I'd even go so far as to market denomination-specific Logos editions.

Posts 644
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 4 2015 5:29 PM

MJ. Smith:

I suspect that Gabe is simply over-worked rather than disinterested in a Restoration package. You might contact him (not badger him, please) to see what could be done to move this forward.

Good point. Perhaps on vacation.

Posts 644
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 4 2015 5:33 PM

Denise:

The point from Into Grace is good. But anyone familiar with the restoration publishers vs restoration groups knows there's going to be an issue with sales volume, if not narrowly grouped.

I know the forum is chock full of broad-minded readers, but the formula of new publishers >> collections is a whole lot easier to market. I'd even go so far as to market denomination-specific Logos editions.

A topical bundles or prepub has been suggested. This would help Logos test this market. Thanks for your feedback. 😄

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2015 2:38 PM

Bump. 

Posts 1044
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 5:05 AM

James C.:

Bump. 

Yes

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 10:15 AM

I don't want this to get swept under the rug. Please Logos put together a restoration package or topical bundles. Please, please, please. 

Posts 13
Levi Sisemore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 4:00 PM

Friends, I was excited to see a Restoration Movement (Churches of Christ) resource added to Logos Pre-Pub this week, the Thomas B. Warren Collection.

I know we've voiced our desire to see more material of this sort in Logos. Now we need to show Faithlife/Logos that we were serious about wanting to purchase digital resources from the Churches of Christ / Restoration Movement, by agreeing to spend some $$$.

Thank you, Logos for adding these resources to Pre-Pub and letting us voice our support.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 4:54 PM

Thomas BWarren Collection (28 vols.)  $124.99

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:22 PM

Just placed my order. Was incredibly shocked to see this (in a good way). Several of those were Spiritual Sword lectureship books once upon a time. Although many of the congregations that have lectureships make the lectureship books available via PDF on CD, the Getwell congregation did not do that with the Spiritual Sword books (although, oddly enough, the DO offer the Spiritual Sword periodical on PDF). This was a large step for some of their material to go from not being available at all to being available on Logos. Obviously these specific titles are all tied to Thomas Warren somehow, thus omitting the vast majority of the Spiritual Sword lectureship books. Is anyone on this forum in contact with anyone at Getwell? If so, can you point the elders toward this item and see if you can convince them to make the rest of the lectureship books available? Anyone?

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2015 4:57 AM

Placed my order. Hope this is just a sample of what is to come. Thank you logos. 

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2015 6:08 AM

Would be curious to know what the circumstances were that Living Messages of the New Testament is included in that but not the Old Testament volume. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 7:57 PM

James C.:

"Restoration Movement" Base Package (churches of Christ/Christian Churches/Disciples of Christ)

Logos I would like to suggest that you create a "Restoration Movement" Base Package.

Any plans for this?

Posts 13
Levi Sisemore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2015 9:48 AM

I just wrote a snail mail letter to the folks at Getwell, urging them to consider it and gave them the contact info for Logos. 

I'm sure if more people wrote in with this request, they'd give it more consideration.

Their address is 1511 Getwell Rd, Memphis, TN 38111.

Posts 27593
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2015 12:38 PM

Levi Sisemore:
I just wrote a snail mail letter to the folks at Getwell,

This is a very good move ... and often it works.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2015 1:55 PM

I am very excited with the recent release of the Anglican and Orthodox base packages. I would like to ask if there are any plans for a Methodist/Wesleyan package or a Restoration Movement package. I really hope so.

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2015 6:54 PM

Super.Tramp:
a Methodist/Wesleyan package

Yes, to be quite honest, I was absolutely shocked that a mainline denomination would be so late to the party. And before commenting decided to google some rough numbers, and to my further surprise...

SDA Membership in US 18,479,257

Methodists Membership in US 7.3 million

So my comment WOULD'VE been, "how could they have an SDA base package before a Methodist package?", but now, I guess it is because there are more than twice as many (roughly). 

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2015 6:59 PM

More interesting stats...

The National Council of Church’s report on church membership lists the following organizations as the top ten biggest religious denominations in the U.S.A.: 

1. The Catholic Church: 68.5 million
  2. Southern Baptist Convention: 16.1 million
  3. The United Methodist Church: 7.8 million
  4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 6 million
  5. The Church of God in Christ: 5.5 million
  6. National Baptist Convention, USA: 5 million
  7. Evangelical Lutheran Church in America: 4.5 million
  8. National Baptist Convention of America: 3.5 million
  9. Assemblies of God: 2.9 million
  10. Presbyterian Church (USA): 2.7 million

After seeing the rest of these numbers, it would still seem like Methodists would be a higher priority than some of the others.

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 13
Levi Sisemore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 10:55 AM

So I took the denominations listed by The National Council of Churches and grouped them by the headings that Logos has supplied as titles for their current movement-specific base packages (Catholic, Baptist, Wesleyan/Methodist, Charismatic, Lutheran, Reformed, Anglican, Orthodox, SDA). Then I created a heading for Restoration Movement and added the numbers for the three major streams of the Movement so that we can compare numbers (because we’re asking for a “Restoration Movement Base Package;” not a “Church of Christ,” “Disciples of Christ,” or “Christian Church” version). For comparison’s sake, the Restoration Movement comes in as the seventh largest group of those like-minded theological families.

I did not list Mormons or Jehovah’s Witnesses (who are on the NCC’s list), just because Logos doesn’t already have a Base Package for them. If we did, they would rank 6th and 11th, respectively.

So, it would look like to me that the Restoration Movement should be “next on their list.”

Catholic

The Catholic Church

Baptist

National Baptist Convention, U.S.A., Inc.

National Baptist Convention of America, Inc.

National Missionary Baptist Convention of America

American Baptist Churches in the U.S.A.

Progressive National Baptist Convention, Inc.

Southern Baptist Convention

Wesleyan/Methodist

African Methodist Episcopal Church

The African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church

The United Methodist Church

Charismatic

Assemblies of God

Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, Inc.

Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)

The Church of God in Christ

Lutheran

The Lutheran Church— Missouri Synod (LCMS)

Evangelical Lutheran Church in America

Reformed

United Church of Christ

Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)

Restoration Movement

Churches of Christ

Christian Churches and Churches of Christ

Dsicples of Christ

Anglican

The Episcopal Church

Orthodox

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

SDA

Seventh-day Adventist Church

Posts 3322
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 11:00 AM

Levi Sisemore:
So, it would look like to me that the Restoration Movement should be “next on their list.”

There's certainly an argument to be made, if you mean next after Wesleyan/Methodist. I'd like to see this data added to equivalent data from other English-speaking countries to take into account international markets.

Puer natus est nobis. Merry Christmas!

Catholic Products Forum - Book Suggestions UserVoice - Verbum Blog

Posts 13
Levi Sisemore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 11:05 AM

I wrote to the Getwell Church of Christ who publishes The Spiritual Sword quarterly. This was their reply.

Thank you for your recent letter concerning The Spiritual Sword and Logos.  We already have a CD-ROM of The Spiritual Sword. It contains years 1 -43. It was updated 3 years ago so there are 3 years not on it. But the elders do plan on updating it within the next 2 years. It has a search engine on it. It is available for $50.00 plus $2.00 S & H. However it is copyrighted so it could not be used by Logos or any other electronic company to put on their software or website. The only place it purchase it is through our websites, www.getwellchurchofchrist.org or www.spiritualsword.org . Again thank you for your interest in The Spiritual Sword.

I get the feel that they don't quite understand the idea of granting a license to use their material through Logos. Maybe they think they're giving up editorial control if someone else is involved with the publishing?  

In the past I've also contacted Restoration Quarterly at Abilene Christian University. They - at the time - were not interested in digital publication because of other arrangements. They wrote, "All back issues of Restoration Quarterly are available on ATLA (American Theological Library Association). Institutions pay a license to digitize all issues. I'm sure we could not make such a deal with Logos, since we already have an arrangement."

Of course, this keeps RQ in the hands of academics and out of the hands of ministers. ... oh well!

Page 3 of 5 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS