WARNING: SR-2 and Downloads

Page 3 of 5 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 87 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 7:12 PM

It sounds to me the problem is in the sync code, on the server end, or something hosed up the data on the server side, since it appears:

- problems exist on both 4.0a and 4.0a SR-2

- appears problems may be related to those who downloaded the SR-1 patch

-appears fresh reinstall may not solve the problem

Posts 97
Greg Gray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 7:33 PM

Dominick Sela:

It sounds to me the problem is in the sync code, on the server end, or something hosed up the data on the server side

The only problem with this is that my 4a install is set not to use the internet.  I also checked my netbook (that I rarely use).  It is 4a beta four, and it has the same problems and is also set to not connect to the internet.

I would say that it has something to do with our licences and the date (the new year), but it seams that some people have things working right on one system but not on another.  Weird.

I'm sure the logos team will be quick to respond to this Monday morning.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 7:41 PM

Greg Gray:
I would say that it has something to do with our licences and the date (the new year), but it seams that some people have things working right on one system but not on another.  Weird.

Yep,

I just changed my computer date to Dec 2, 2009 and I get all my functionality back.

Woo-hoo!

and

Weird.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 97
Greg Gray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 7:59 PM

Worked for me as well.

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:08 PM

My guess is that the problem is with the Logos servers.  I narrowed down the time when functionality is lost to exactly 2:00AM (Central Time - I'm in Houston) on 1/1/2010.  That would be the start of the new year in Bellingham, WA.

I can't think of why 2:00AM would otherwise "trip" this problem.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 408
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:28 PM

Well Richard it looks like you "nailed" it!

I moved my date back to 12/28/09 and also have full functionality. Looks like the SR-2 release may not be the issue but an underlying year issue. Although I have my 1000 Biblical Images, My People, Places, & Things, my Reverse Interlinears for NKJV, NASB, ESV, etc. But no Reverse Interlinear for the NLT.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:31 PM

Fred Greco:
I narrowed down the time when functionality is lost to exactly 2:00AM (Central Time - I'm in Houston) on 1/1/2010.  That would be the start of the new year in Bellingham, WA.

Good call.  That's what I get too, only it's a 3hr difference here in the Eastern Time Zone.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:34 PM

I wonder how it affects those that did or did not have the date aberration on December 31 (where it was reading 2010)?

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:40 PM

Same thing here

Changed the date and all works change it back and loss of function.

Posts 29758
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:41 PM

Alex Scott:
Fred Greco:
I narrowed down the time when functionality is lost to exactly 2:00AM (Central Time - I'm in Houston) on 1/1/2010.  That would be the start of the new year in Bellingham, WA.

You clearly misunderstand, we on the West Coast know that the world really uses Pacific Coast Univeral Reality Time (PCURT) - which is much more pliable than GMT.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:41 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
I just changed my computer date to Dec 2, 2009 and I get all my functionality back.

Excellent detective work Richard!

You really stuck to digging for the answer.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:43 PM

Yeah - cool.  They all get 4 days off, come back, and we've (Richard) solved the problem for them!  Smile

Posts 6668
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:49 PM

Change of date solved the problem. It may have to do with those of us who were beta testers. We were told that the software would expire on Decembeer 31.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 228
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:50 PM

Excellent Richard!  I read all the grief you were taking.  Yet you kept digging to help out your brothers and sisters in need.  God bless you.

Posts 228
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:55 PM

Greg Gray:
something to do with our licences and the date (the new year),

Good  job Gret!  Way to go!

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 9:24 PM

BruceJunkermann:

Excellent Richard!  I read all the grief you were taking.  Yet you kept digging to help out your brothers and sisters in need.  God bless you.

I'm just glad it worked.

I wouldn't have thought of it, if Greg hadn't mentioned his issue and suspicion about the date thing, though. So I'll share credit with Greg. Oh, and then there was everything else everyone tried that didn't work.

Even a monkey with a keyboard, given enough time . . . Smile

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 18921
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 9:42 PM

Thank you, Richard! My missing interlinears are back! Fantastic sleuthing. I was moving in that direction already in my thinking but hadn't quite taken the leap to try resetting my date. (I'd fiddled around with my system date a few days ago, to narrow down the problem others were reporting with L3's Home Page showing 2010 already on Dec 28, but got sick of living in the past...I guess I should have stayed back there for a few more days! Smile)

So, does that mean we get to celebrate New Year's Day again on Monday (or whenever SR-3 comes) and get a fresh start on our New Year's resolutions that we've broken already? Wink

One thing that's still really puzzling me though, is why did this affect some people more severely (Biblical People/Places/Things didn't get broken for me) than others? Maybe the expiration dates on these beta resources were different by a few hours from each other and by virtue of being in different time zones, they expired for some people sooner than other resources?

The Logos folks are going to have some 'splainin' to do come Monday....

EDIT: Just realized my NLT RI is still not working at all. Click on "Interlinear" button and nothing happens. I guess some other people are still having problems with NLT RI as well.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 9:57 PM

Rosie Perera:
Just realized my NLT RI is still not working at all.

Rosie,

Did you know that the NLT RI is only for the NT at this time??? Just a guess.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 18921
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 10:08 PM

steve clark:

Rosie Perera:
Just realized my NLT RI is still not working at all.

Rosie,

Did you know that the NLT RI is only for the NT at this time??? Just a guess.

No, I hadn't been aware of that. But that doesn't make any difference. It doesn't work in the NT for me either. Not that I really care. NLT is not one of my top Bibles, and if I'm wanting to do Interlinear work, I use NASB95 or ESV.

Posts 25886
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 2:07 AM

Very well done Greg and Rich!

Now I'm going to switch to my 4.0a RC1 on Win7 and see what happens!!

UPDATE:

That confirms it:-

• Biblical People, Places and Things is greyed out in PG
  • NASB95 has no interlinear
  • LogosLXX resource is missing

Switch date to 30 December and all is well.

The last time this system had resource updates was before Dec 21st.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 3 of 5 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS