4.0b Beta 2: unknown software exception 0xc0000005 in iexplore.exe attempting to go to Google Maps from Biblical Places

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 9 2010 5:33 AM | Locked

Open Biblical Places (it happened to open to "Tarshish (port city)" -- not sure whether that matters)

Click on the Google "G" in the upper right corner.

Result:

Logos didn't crash, though. Log file attached.

5340.IExploreException.zip

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 5:35 AM | Locked

I object, Rosie stole my bug report Stick out tongue

DISCLAIMER: Before I am flamed for this post, it is an attempt at humor

BTW, SR2 works fine on this point.

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 5:49 AM | Locked

Terry Poperszky:

I object, Rosie stole my bug report Stick out tongue

DISCLAIMER: Before I am flamed for this post, it is an attempt at humor

Hee, hee.

See this thread for more info on other weird behavior that sometimes happens when clicking (or not being able to click) on that "G" icon, and maybe Terry's experience of nothing happening at all is related:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/9239.aspx

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 5:54 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
maybe Terry's experience of nothing happening at all is related:

I am betting related, what IE are you using, 7 or 8? I am running 8, on win7

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:01 AM | Locked

I'm running IE8 on Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP2

Posts 2201
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:06 AM | Locked

I am running under Parallels so my internet link takes me to safari. I do not have any problems opening Google Maps. Must be an IE issue.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:25 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:

I'm running IE8 on Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP2

OT a little but upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit!  It is WAY BETTER and faster than Windows Vista.  Do a little Googling around, you will see the reviews are very positive, especially compared to Vista.

IMHO it's an excellent investment for a computer that you require speed and performance, and better security, to do bible/theology work!

(I do not work for Microsoft or have any affiliation with them Geeked)

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 7:12 AM | Locked

Dominick Sela:

OT a little but upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit!  It is WAY BETTER and faster than Windows Vista.  Do a little Googling around, you will see the reviews are very positive, especially compared to Vista.

IMHO it's an excellent investment for a computer that you require speed and performance, and better security, to do bible/theology work!

(I do not work for Microsoft or have any affiliation with them Geeked)

I used to work for Microsoft so I have lots of affilliation with them and I can certainly understand. But I just bought this new computer a few months before Win 7 shipped, with Vista on it, and it's pretty darned fast, and I've never had all the Vista problems that other people had. And I do tech support for bunches of people so it pays for me to keep a Vista machine. If/when I upgrade to Win 7, it will be on an entirely new machine and I'll keep this one as my secondard one. I still have my XP machine for now, but I'll retire that one eventually too. I never upgrade OS's on the same machine. It spells disaster. Especially coming from Microsoft... Wink 

Posts 3663
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 10:54 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
If/when I upgrade to Win 7, it will be on an entirely new machine and I'll keep this one as my secondard one. ...  I never upgrade OS's on the same machine.

After 30+ years computer hobbiest & 20+ years as an IS manager prior to life (as a pastor Wink), same here.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 11:06 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:

Open Biblical Places (it happened to open to "Tarshish (port city)" -- not sure whether that matters)

Click on the Google "G" in the upper right corner.

Result:

On my machine nothing happens until I click somewhere on the map. Then the "G" becomes visible.

But when I click on the big "G" I get this result (using FireFox 3,5,7):

We could not understand the location 37.6449807735425, --5.26894274192968

Looks like a parsing error crept in here somewhere.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 11:16 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
I used to work for Microsoft so I have lots of affilliation

This explains sooooo many things! Angel

Posts 24946
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 3:41 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
But I just bought this new computer a few months before Win 7 shipped, with Vista on it, and it's pretty darned fast, and I've never had all the Vista problems that other people had.

You mean it took that long for CPU's to make Vista look goodSmile

Rosie Perera:
If/when I upgrade to Win 7, it will be on an entirely new machine and I'll keep this one as my secondard one. I still have my XP machine for now, but I'll retire that one eventually too. I never upgrade OS's on the same machine. It spells disaster.

I have Win XP SP3 and Vista SP2 and Windows 7 64-bit RC on my 3 year old laptop! Vista came as a cheap upgrade because I got the laptop with XP just before Vista shipped (and obviously decided on a clean install), and I also needed to sympathise with those folk who actually bought it as a native OS. Win 7 RC cost nothing and I have until March to think about a Win 7 replacement laptop!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 7:49 PM | Locked

Dave Hooton:

I have Win XP SP3 and Vista SP2 and Windows 7 64-bit RC on my 3 year old laptop!

I don't do dual boots either -- takes up too much hard disk space. Hard disk sizes aren't able to keep up with my usage. I install so much software and produce so many large data files (mostly photos, some video) that I don't want the OS taking up more than the bare minimum.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS