New Feature: Send to Kindle

Page 10 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last »
This post has 269 Replies | 17 Followers

Posts 29097
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 1:36 PM

Quick answer - you don't. You hand her your Kindle 'cause after all you are one flesh so you co-operate to your collective benefit.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 1:39 PM

Andreas Liland:
How Do I send a book to my wife's Kindle, when I have already activated my own Kindle? 

You can't. Logos is for "one user." Faithlife has graciously interpreted that to include a spouse, so long as the spouse isn't in full time vocational ministry. If you want your wife to be able to have access to the books, she will have to have access to your account.

For licensing and security reasons, Faithlife only allows you to have one email address associated with your "send to kindle." If your wife is using the same Amazon Kindle account, she should be able to download the resource from her device... or you can use the Amazon "manage your device" page... but you can't "send to kindle" from Logos to two separate accounts.

Make sense?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5
Andreas Liland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 1:45 PM

It makes sense, but it also makes you wanna suggest that maybe Logos could consider a solution like Apple and Amazon both have: Family sharing. Wink

Posts 29097
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 1:47 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if that required rewriting their contracts with publishers.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 1:52 PM

MJ. Smith:
Quick answer - you don't. You hand her your Kindle 'cause after all you are one flesh so you co-operate to your collective benefit.

That isn't necessarily true. I tried explaining it in my post above this (after you posted), but I don't know if I did a good job. I just looked it up, and this is what I can report... As long as he and his wife have the same Amazon Kindle account, he just needs to do the following:

1. Go to your Manage Your Content and Devices page on Amazon.com
  2. Click on the "your content" tab
  3. Filter "show" to "docs" (Logos books are emailed to amazon as "documents")
  4. Select the document (book) he wants her to be able to read.
  5. Click on the "actions" button for that document
  6. Click "deliver"
  7. Select her kindle device.

The document (book) will be delivered to her device. Again, this only works when your spouse is using the same account (which is different than the email addresses used for "send to kindle.")

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 1:54 PM

Andreas Liland:

It makes sense, but it also makes you wanna suggest that maybe Logos could consider a solution like Apple and Amazon both have: Family sharing. Wink

For Apple, publishers have to agree... and not everything is "share enabled." I am unaware of Amazon's sharing program. Have a link?

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 2:22 PM

alabama24:
I am unaware of Amazon's sharing program. Have a link?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201620400 

Posts 2758
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 7:35 AM

Is there anywhere to reveal what my registered kindle email address is with logos either in the program or online? I changed all my devices addressees so I could easily identify them but this obviously broke this feature in logos.

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 8:07 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Is there anywhere to reveal what my registered kindle email address is with logos either in the program or online? I changed all my devices addressees so I could easily identify them but this obviously broke this feature in logos.

sure. The "mobile devices" section of your profile on logos.com. The same info <might> be found within the "about" section of L6. 

Posts 2758
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 12:50 PM

I made sure the address shown in the book info page matches my kindle. Amazon makes it really easy to edit this email address. 

And it worked like a charm.

Posts 49
William Rodriguez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 7:15 AM

I think there is a size limit of 50MB. Check if the resource you are trying to send does not exceed this limit

Posts 4
Noah Jefferson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 29 2015 3:17 AM

This is AMAZING!!  I just sent a book to my Kindle that I need to read to do a book review on, for Seminary.  I really like having all my library in Logos for research, but being able to take a book like this on my Kindle is invaluable for just plain reading.  It even makes a table of contents, if you use the "go to" option and choose it.  Thank you SO MUCH for adding this feature!

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 29 2015 8:58 AM

I agree Noah! Yes

Posts 2079
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 29 2015 5:39 PM

I have also fallen in love with this feature!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1

Can you send your kindle books to your logos library? 

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 10:31 AM

Welcome! Smile

Coastal Community Fellowship:
Can you send your kindle books to your logos library?

It depends upon what you mean by "can." If you mean, is there a simple way that is Amazon and Faithlife approved, the answer is no. If you mean "is it possible," the answer is possibly. The personal book builder takes any microsoft .docx file and imports it as a book. 

Posts 9
Matthew Lawrence | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 31 2015 7:24 AM

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I accidentally spelt my kindle email wrong and can't change it. Can someone help me?  

Posts 5
Andreas Liland | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 31 2015 7:25 AM

Logos support need to change it for you.... Wink

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 31 2015 7:26 AM

Matthew Lawrence:

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I accidentally spelt my kindle email wrong and can't change it. Can someone help me?  

you MUST call customer service. Users don't have the ability to change it, so as to prevent fraud. 

Posts 100
Richard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 31 2015 1:22 PM

you can also go to https://www.amazon.com/myk and set the email address on your kindle device. You could just change the email address on your kindle to the misspelled address you submitted to amazon.

-- Richard

Logos 6 Mac (always the latest beta)

MacBook Air Mid 2011 (Lion)  |  1.8GHz Core i7  |  4GB RAM  |  256GB SSD
Samsung Galaxy S5

Page 10 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS