Logos & MaxiVista

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 14
Chris Eller | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 14 2010 10:31 AM

Does anyone have any luck running Logos 4 with MaxiVista to create a dual monitor setup? So far, Logos is the only app not to play nice with MaxiVista. The program starts and is running, but cannot be seen as long as MaxiVista is running. If I quit MaxiVista, Logos suddenly appears.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 11:26 AM

Chris Eller:

Does anyone have any luck running Logos 4 with MaxiVista to create a dual monitor setup? So far, Logos is the only app not to play nice with MaxiVista. The program starts and is running, but cannot be seen as long as MaxiVista is running. If I quit MaxiVista, Logos suddenly appears.

Curious I went looking at the software site. There is a forum post there that suggests that MV doesn't work with WPF, or other programs requiring .NET

Rather than post the link to the forum post, you may want to just search for it yourself. It appears to be a limitation of the MV design.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 11:29 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
here is a forum post there that suggests that MV doesn't work with WPF, or other programs requiring .NET

There was a post from one of the Developers warning that many multi-monitor adapters out there had a limitation when it comes to WPF. 

Posts 14
Chris Eller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 12:30 PM

Forgive the ignorance, but what is WPF?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 12:38 PM

Chris Eller:

Forgive the ignorance, but what is WPF?

WPF=Windows Presentation Foundation it is a software development platform.

There's a page on wikipedia about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Presentation_Foundation

Logos4 is built with WPF. I should have made that clear in my initial response to your post.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 6
John Mautz | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 1:21 PM

Sorry but when I read the thread title I thought it said "Logos & Maxed Visa" not "MaziVista" and thought my miss read was funny, so I'm sharring it.  Big Smile

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 10:31 AM

Chris Eller:

I'm not familiar with the protocols that Maxvista uses to draw on the screen, however I have some memory way back in my head that thinks it is similar to VNC.  During Beta I had to do some digging to make L4 work with VNC. 

The simple solution without the drawn out description: Turn on alpha blending in the VNC server properties.

I've never used Maxvista so I can't direct you any further.  God Speed.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:33 PM

Terry Poperszky:

... There was a post from one of the Developers warning ...

Some software isn't WPF compatible, therefore Logos won't run:  http://community.logos.com/forums/t/9393.aspx 

Posts 14
Chris Eller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 11:08 AM

I did find a work-around of sorts. Instead of running Logos on the server side of MaxiVista, if I run it on the client computer, I can then use MaxiVista to control the client computer and make use of MaxiVista's excellent cut/paste function between the two computers to move text from Logos to Word/OneNote without have to use alt-tab all of the time.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS