Is there a way to change the name of my Notes?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 99
Bruce Fraser | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:16 AM

I used to have separate Notes files for different parts of the Bible: Pentateuch, OT History, Prophets, etc.

Now I've consolidated everything into one Notes file. But the title of that file "OT History" no longer reflects the contents. 

QUESTION: Is there a way to change the name of a Notes file? I am unable to find that anywhere by right-clicking. Perhaps by digging deeper into the system it may be possible?

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:21 AM

Hi Bruce, if you open up the note file in Logos 5/6, and click on the little pencil next to the name of the note, at the top of the pane, you should be able to change the name of the note file - see below:

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:22 AM

Just open the Note File. Then click on the Title and it will turn blue (it is selected). Then type in your new Title.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 22275
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:23 AM

Bruce Fraser:
QUESTION: Is there a way to change the name of a Notes file? I am unable to find that anywhere by right-clicking. Perhaps by digging deeper into the system it may be possible?

Try clicking on the small pencil symbol to the top-right of the document name (or just clicking on the name itself will do it)

Please be aware, however, that very large notes documents can cause performance issues. I don't know how many notes you have but some people find them separating them out is helpful!

Posts 99
Bruce Fraser | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:34 AM

Wow! Three replies in less than two minutes! That is amazing.

So thanks to Paul, Steve and Graham, all with super-helpful answers!

Posts 99
Bruce Fraser | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:37 AM

Graham,

Thanks, in particular for the advice "Please be aware, however, that very large notes documents can cause performance issues."

I did a Forum search for <large Notes file> and came up blank.

Can you please give some guidance on what "large" is? For instance, "When the notes.db file gets above xx MB."

Posts 22275
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:58 AM

Bruce Fraser:

Graham,

Thanks, in particular for the advice "Please be aware, however, that very large notes documents can cause performance issues."

I did a Forum search for <large Notes file> and came up blank.

Can you please give some guidance on what "large" is? For instance, "When the notes.db file gets above xx MB."

I don't know of any numerical guidance but some threads worth looking at woud include https://community.logos.com/forums/p/31276/384370.aspx and https://community.logos.com/forums/t/73392.aspx 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS