Copyright Issues with images in Logos?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 51
Mike Durso | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 20 2015 8:32 AM

I'm putting together a sermon series through Genesis and am wanting to use a few of the maps in the Logos map set. I can't find anything anywhere that says whether this is a copyright issue or not if I want to put them on a PowerPoint or something. 

Any ideas? 

Posts 29730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 8:36 AM

You are free to use them that way. Only if you tried to sell (or broadcast) them somehow would you run into trouble. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1
Kyle Mounts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2021 1:14 PM

I'm the av technician for my church, my pastor used a map that has the Faithlife copyright in the corner. we post the videos to our website along with study notes. I'm guessing we don't have permission to use the map in that way?

all of the studies we have posted are free, we don't make money on that content.

Posts 2408
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2021 1:20 PM

Kyle Mounts:
I'm guessing we don't have permission to use the map in that way?

https://www.logos.com/copyright-permissions 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2896
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2021 2:31 PM

Question to JT.  My friend, does that mean that if your worship services are televised, you would violating the copyright by using Logos maps or images?  Also, what if your services are on the internet?  Haven't thought about that.

I refer to the "(or broadcast)" reference in JT's statement.  Many churches now are broadcasting services over the internet because of Covid 19.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 5846
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2021 5:59 PM

This paragraph from the referenced page above might help;

Posts 2832
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2021 5:58 AM

Kyle Mounts:
we have posted are free, we don't make money on that content.

In copyrights that one makes it available for free or for sale is seen as the same things as the copyright owner does not get to make a sale because of the actions of some other.

JT (alabama24):
  Only if you tried to sell (or broadcast) them somehow would you run into trouble.  

As said in other posts remember that streaming and posting on the internet is broadcasting [You Tube, Facebook, etc.]

Also see the post above by DIsciple II

Posts 2896
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2021 7:21 AM

I  may be the only one who feels this way, but I am more confused after reading the various posts.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 29730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2021 10:38 AM

Mike Childs:

I  may be the only one who feels this way, but I am more confused after reading the various posts.

You aren't kidding my friend! Smile

If it were me, I would contact FL directly. However, the screenshot Disciple posted seems to indicate that if a live, in person class session is recorded and posted for free, it would be allowable. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2896
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2021 1:04 PM

JT (alabama24):

Mike Childs:

You aren't kidding my friend! Smile

If it were me, I would contact FL directly. However, the screenshot Disciple posted seems to indicate that if a live, in person class session is recorded and posted for free, it would be allowable. 

It sounded that way to me, also.  I do know lots of churches are posting services for free through Facebook life and  Youtube.  You are right.  It seems wise of contact FL. 

I think it is unlikely that someone seeing a picture or map while watching a sermon would keep them from buying a FL resource.  They would not have the map, unless they took a screenshot of it.  That might happen, but it strikes me as very unlikely.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS