Page 1 of 3 (50 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 49 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 78
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 19 2015 7:47 AM

Not sure if this has been covered before. The search function doesn't seem to catch the right terms.

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 7:50 AM

No. Currently PBB's are not available on mobile devices.

Posts 78
Aaron W | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 8:10 AM

Thanks.  Any idea if it is in the works?  It would be very handy, especially when I head out of town and only take my ipad.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 8:17 AM

Aaron Wetzel:

Thanks.  Any idea if it is in the works?  It would be very handy, especially when I head out of town and only take my ipad.

Aaron, see my thread about it here... it seems there is still no progress on this. Sad

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/104935.aspx

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 9:49 AM

No progress yet... but considering that smaller personal books now may be uploaded to automatically install on multiply desktop versions one  would guess the ability to get them to mobile devices is a simple matter of enabling it in the mobile apps. WHEN/IF this is happening is something only FL can tell you.

-Dan

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 5:47 PM

Dan Francis:

No progress yet... but considering that smaller personal books now may be uploaded to automatically install on multiply desktop versions one  would guess the ability to get them to mobile devices is a simple matter of enabling it in the mobile apps.

You would think so... that's certainly what I was thinking (and hoping) too but apparently it's not that simple. Confused

Posts 2968
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 6:26 PM

Tim Taylor:

Dan Francis:

No progress yet... but considering that smaller personal books now may be uploaded to automatically install on multiply desktop versions one  would guess the ability to get them to mobile devices is a simple matter of enabling it in the mobile apps.

You would think so... that's certainly what I was thinking (and hoping) too but apparently it's not that simple. Confused

Any mobile programmers around? How do you load a file onto iOs and Android [etc]?  And how different is it between Operating Systems?

Any Logo programmers around? How different is the format of a PBB from a normal resource?   [one of those questions holds the key]

On the other hand there are many programs that will read the DOCX file if all you want to do is read the PBB - just copy the DOCX source file.

[[I hope they get it working soon - plan to add 400 PBB files soon - added 20 today]]

Posts 30680
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 6:57 PM

David Ames:
Any mobile programmers around?

The link that Tim provided above is probably all we will get:

Dave Dunkin (Faithlife):

We don't have news on PBB sync on mobile. There are some complexities with scale (the total number of PBBs in the system) and differences between how the mobile and desktop apps handle a library.

We do consider UserVoice when prioritizing features, but it's one factor among several. Other factors include cost, technical feasibility, and number of users affected. Your feedback on UserVoice is the biggest factor in implementing prayer list support, which is available now in the Faithlife Groups app and is planned for the Bible app in an upcoming release.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2968
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 7:06 PM

alabama24:

The link that Tim provided above is probably all we will get:

Dave Dunkin (Faithlife):

We don't have news on PBB sync on mobile. There are some complexities with scale (the total number of PBBs in the system) and differences between how the mobile and desktop apps handle a library.

One idea that I offered them was to allow us to transfer the files directly from our Desktop to our mobile. No cloud usage thus no size limitation.  No cloud usage thus no problems with if we have the copyrights as far as FL is concerned - they never touch the file. Any conversion in file format could be done on our Macs or PC.  No Cloud usage thus no problems with the 400 PBB that I want to create in the next month.

Posts 30680
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 7:12 PM

David Ames:
No cloud usage thus no problems with if we have the copyrights as far as FL is concerned - they never touch the file.

...but that already isn't an issue... since FL has begun the sync feature between computer installations. 

David Ames:
One idea that I offered them was to allow us to transfer the files directly from our Desktop to our mobile.

If the app doesn't know that book "x" on your computer is the same as book "x" on your mobile device, any sort of syncing, highlighting, etc would be broken. 

My guess is that this will become a "Logos Now" feature. Wink

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 11:10 AM

alabama24:

My guess is that this will become a "Logos Now" feature. Wink

I sure hope not, but it wouldn't totally surprise me lol. This is more of a mobile feature request than a Logos 6 feature request though, and my current understanding of Logos Now is that it doesn't really effect mobile, is that not true?

Unless maybe they're working on a "Logos Mobile Now" Hmm lol.

Posts 30680
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 1:25 PM

Tim Taylor:
This is more of a mobile feature request than a Logos 6 feature request though

Logos Now isn't software. It is a service. A part of that service includes advanced L6 desktop features. It also includes beta access to the web app. One of the things I have always "wondered aloud" about is how will FL pay for (or monetize) our personal books... after all, it DOES cost them money to host our PB's on their servers (when we upload them). Having this as a "Logos Now" service seems more than reasonable to me.

Posts 12578
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 2:35 PM

alabama24:
Logos Now isn't software. It is a service. A part of that service includes advanced L6 desktop features. It also includes beta access to the web app. One of the things I have always "wondered aloud" about is how will FL pay for (or monetize) our personal books... after all, it DOES cost them money to host our PB's on their servers (when we upload them). Having this as a "Logos Now" service seems more than reasonable to me.

One could easily turn around the argument: For many users, Logos Now lacks a compelling YOU HAVE TO HAVE THIS argument. It's nice and they liked it for free, but the current feature set seems to have no real killer feature inside. Not even the free books they gave pulled much traction (my feeling: those who were most interested and thus potentially excited about them already owned them). Mobile PB sync could be exactly this thing.    

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 3:00 PM

NB.Mick:

Mobile PB sync could be exactly this thing.    

It would be for me. My interest in Logos Now is just slightly above zero but I'd get on board for mobile PB syncing.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 3:03 PM

alabama24:

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, although Amazon offers this service completely for free as a courtesy of having an account with them. I would recommend doing what Amazon does, give a certain amount of space for free, and then charge the super users who want to eat up a ton of cloud storage. I think Amazon gives 5GB free, and then anything more you have to pay for. At least I think that's how it used to be, not sure if it still is.

Posts 2968
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 5:20 PM

alabama24:

One of the things I have always "wondered aloud" about is how will FL pay for (or monetize) our personal books... after all, it DOES cost them money to host our PB's on their servers (when we upload them). 

My idea / suggestion was for FL to supply us with the tools on our computers to move the PBB resources to our own mobiles.   [[no internet load for FL and other advantages]]  [[That could also have been done between our computers using flashdrives]]

Posts 30680
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 6:50 PM

David Ames:
My idea / suggestion was for FL to supply us with the tools on our computers to move the PBB resources to our own mobiles.

That isnt really how iOS works. I know when I say this, someone jumps up and gives some obscure exception... iOS apps aren't designed (and apple does a good job of preventing) side loading of external data.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 7:04 PM

Obscure ... iTunes?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 30680
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 7:35 PM

Denise:

Obscure ... iTunes?

Whatcha talking about willis? 

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 7:47 PM

Maybe I misunderstood your comment. An app can load in files from your harddrive, etc. Frankly, a Kindle-like approach is smarter, to control versioning, etc.

I'd suspect PB to apps will be in Logos Now a bit before Logos7, but not included in Logos7.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 3 (50 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS