Library indexing

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee

Tony Lim:

Bradley, 

Here's the log after the completion of the library indexing.

5123.Logos Log Files (2).zip

The log says: "BibleIndex Re-indexing because the existing index is corrupt or missing." but it doesn't explain why. Unfortunately, the Logos.log file is from a different session than the indexer, so we may be missing crucial information.

We need a complete set of logs from one session of running the application (during which indexing starts). Please don't restart Logos, but if you must, back up the existing Logos.log file before running it again.

Posts 63
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 3:41 PM

How do I obtain the "complete set of logs"?

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee
  1. Enable logging. https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging 
  2. Start Logos 6.
  3. Wait for indexing to start. (Don't close Logos 6.)
  4. Wait for indexing to finish. (Don't close Logos 6.)
  5. Close Logos 6.
  6. Zip up the "Logos Log Files" folder and post the zip file here.
Posts 63
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 7:04 PM

Here's the zip file. Hope I got it correct.

2818.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee

It appears that you launched the program, opened the home page, then closed it. As far as I can tell, no indexing started, which seems good. It looks like the system is working properly. If it does index unexpectedly in the future, please post the log files again as they may help us diagnose the problem.

Posts 63
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 9:36 PM

Ok. Will do. 

Posts 63
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2015 3:18 PM

Very frustrating - another round of library indexing! I had done two things: 1) uninstall and reinstall the software, 2) run thorough disc scan and repairs, 3) latest updated version, and still the problem of recurring indexing persists. See log files.

8780.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2015 11:04 PM

Tony Lim:
See log files.

These appear to be the same log files that you posted last time.

To diagnose the problem, we'll need to see a complete set of log files from a time you ran the program when indexing was initiated. Make sure you have enabled logging permanently; open a command prompt and enter this command:

reg add HKCU\Software\Logos4\Logging /v Enabled /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

It should say "The operation completed successfully."

Posts 63
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2015 11:57 PM

Another round of indexing started the moment I open Logos 6.

Do I enter the command during the indexing or after it completed?

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee

You can enter it any time. The generation of log files will only take effect the next time you start Logos 6. If you entered that command before you started Logos 6, the log files should contain what we want; please wait for indexing to finish, then zip and post them.

Otherwise, please wait for indexing to finish again, then follow the steps I outlined earlier: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/115140/768006.aspx#768006 (you can ignore step 1, since that should be done now).

Whenever you start Logos 6 and it starts indexing, we'd be interested in seeing the complete log files generated from that session (from the beginning of indexing till the very end).

Posts 63
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 3:53 AM

I entered the command during the indexing. Once completed, I zip the log files. Hope I did it correct. 

0815.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 63
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 10:22 PM

I have sent you the required log files after the indexing completed. I turn of my PC, and waited for a few hours to star again. When I open Logos 6, there you are, yet, another recurring indexing "Your library is indexing 0%). I let it completes, and below is the log files.

3857.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee

The indexer log just stops abruptly. This probably means that it crashed in a way that doesn't write an error to the log. (There are certain kinds of crashes that can result in this behaviour.)

If this happens every single time (and it would appear that it does) then that would explain why indexing starts every single time you start the program (because it has not completed successfully).

Please contact Tech Support and ask them to collect Windows Event Viewer details and a crash dump from your system; you can reference this thread.

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS