I need help regarding pulling up passages of two translations, verse by verse

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33
The Redlines | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 14 2015 9:53 PM

In going through a passage with a translator by my side I find it easiest to create a document for us to read from. It helps to keep us both on track with each other. What I have been doing is cut and paste from english and then the thai version verse by verse. such as:

------------------------
Jesus Sends Out the Seventy-Two
พวกเจ็ดสิบคนออกประกาศ

1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go.

1ภายหลังเหตุการณ์เหล่านั้น พระเยซูทรงตั้งสาวกอื่นอีกเจ็ดสิบคนไว้ และใช้เขาออกไปทีละสองคนๆ ให้ล่วงหน้าพระองค์ไปก่อน ให้เข้าไปทุกเมืองและทุกตำบลที่พระองค์จะเสด็จไปนั้น

2 And he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.

2พ���ะองค์ตรัสกับเขาว่า “ข้าวที่ต้องเกี่ยวนั้นมีมากแต่คนงานยังน้อยอยู่ เหตุฉะนั้น พวกท่านจงอ้อนวอนพระองค์ผู้ทรงเป็นเจ้าของนา ให้ส่งคนงานมาเก็บเกี่ยวพืชผลของพระองค์

3 Go your way; behold, I am sending you out as lambs in the midst of wolves.

3ไปเถอะ ดูเถิด เราใช้ท่านทั้งหลายไปดุจลูกแกะอยู่ท่ามกลางฝูงสุนัขป่า

----------------------------

Is there away to somewhat automate this within Logos instead of cutting and pasting verse by verse in each translation? It would save me an incredible amount of time.

Thank you in advance for those who can help

Posts 70
JeremyS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 14 2015 10:24 PM

you have the thai translation in logos?

if so, there's a couple of ways, but if you bring up a thai and english bible in two side-by-side windows, then click on the top left hand corner there's a little downward pointing triangle below the thumbnail of the book cover. click that and select "link set" and whatever letter you want. Choose the same link set letter for the other resource and they'll follow one another as you scroll.

is that what you want?

If you want it too look like what you pasted, you could use the "text comparison" tool, selecting only those two bibles, and clicking that same triangle choose "vertical layout" and it should give you what you want

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 14 2015 10:26 PM

Thread => American Standard Version 1901 - Personal Bible without Chapter and Verse #'s has the 1901 American Standard Version in docx format with Bible tagging for Logos Personal Book creation.

Logos offers => Thai Holy Bible (1971)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 14 2015 10:38 PM

The Redlines:

Is there away to somewhat automate this within Logos instead of cutting and pasting verse by verse in each translation? It would save me an incredible amount of time.

Thank you in advance for those who can help

There is a Copy Bible Verses tool under Tools, in the passage section. This might be of help to copy larger sections to Word. But unfortunately it only allows for one translation at the time. So you still had to sort it manually in Word.

Posts 33
The Redlines | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 14 2015 10:40 PM

JeremyS:
If you want it too look like what you pasted, you could use the "text comparison" tool, selecting only those two bibles, and clicking that same triangle choose "vertical layout" and it should give you what you want

Thank you Jeremy! That worked perfect in horizontal. Vertical ended up separating by the entire passage instead of verse by verse. Now I only have to go back and add the headings and fiddle with the layout a little. This will save a ton of time!

Posts 70
JeremyS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 14 2015 11:40 PM

glad to hear it!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS