New Feature: Multiview Resources (Tool)

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 249
LogosEmployee
Jacob Cerone | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 21 2015 9:40 AM

What is it?

The Multiview Resources Tool is a feature that allows you to add guest resources to a host resource panel. All the visual filters and search results from the host resource are shared with the guest resources.

How does it work?

Add multiple translations of the Bible or even commentaries in the same panel with the Multiview Resources tool. The resources you bring together will share the same location, visual filters, and search results. Study original-language texts side by side with English translations. Search for a specific word and both texts will filter down to your search results. This tool treats multiple resources as one—and the applications to your study are endless.

Where can I learn more?

Posts 4148
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 6:59 PM

Very nice, I can now have related study bible notes show up when I want to quickly get additional information about the text at hand and just as quickly turn them off.so I can refocus on the text. Short-cut key is especially helpful in reading view. 

In setup below I have ESV, ESV Study Bible, Reformation Study Bible (ESV) and Lutheran Study Bible (ESV). Should work nicely to with NIV, NIV Zondervan Study Bible and Ryrie Study Bible (NIV) and other similar setups for other translations.  Fatihlife Study Bible could easily be thrown in the mix too but if often leads you deeper than when all you want to do is simple clarification on a point so I opted to leave it out.

Posts 35
Orpheus Heyward | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 8:13 PM

This is tremendous

Posts 30
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 8:47 PM

I am enjoying this new feature. Possibly the best update in a while for the way I study the bible.

Logos 6 Platinum on Windows 10

Posts 221
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 8:56 PM

Orpheus Heyward:

This is tremendous

Agreed!  This is a very, very nice feature.  I'm liking the tight and compact layout of the multiview resource panes quite a bit.  They are much handier than throwing together the same link sets over and over again.

Posts 842
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 9:00 PM

This is an amazing feature! I am curious how many are using this.....Anyone want to share how they are using this?

I find it useful with having the Greek text open and with the corresponding words filter it becomes even more useful......

Posts 1802
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 6:36 AM

Love this new tool. One suggestion: can you make it optional to show the multiple resource either side by side or below? This may work better for some layouts given the orientation of most monitors.

Thanks!

Posts 1614
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 7:39 AM

I am enjoying this feature.

Great job!

Posts 249
LogosEmployee
Jacob Cerone | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 9:51 AM

John Fidel:

One suggestion: can you make it optional to show the multiple resource either side by side or below? This may work better for some layouts given the orientation of most monitors.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've passed it along to development.

Posts 1802
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 8:29 AM

Jacob,

Another suggestion: When using the multi view feature with lexicons, it would be great if there is not a corresponding entry that the resource would not display. For example TLOT is a great, but very targeted resource. If tied to HALOT and there is no corresponding entry, it would simply not display. this would allow for more targeted resources to be tied but not take up space if there is not corresponding entry. 

I think this currently works with the biblical reference resources such as commentaries.

Thanks

Posts 10008
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2015 3:00 AM

John Fidel:
I think this currently works with the biblical reference resources such as commentaries.

Just tried this, and you are correct.

John Fidel:
When using the multi view feature with lexicons, it would be great if there is not a corresponding entry that the resource would not display.

I agree

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 10008
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2015 3:06 AM

Mike Tourangeau:
Anyone want to share how they are using this?

As shown in my response to John above, I have one in a floating window for Greek lexicons and will build one for Hebrew lexicons soon.

Also have one floating window with concise commentaries. The presence of a Bible as host keeps things aligned better than putting a commentary first.

Then, I have one for my favorite Study Bibles—Actually this was my first creation. Recreated it with a Bible as host for the reason stated above.

My main screen features the NKJV. Then the floating windows have NIV84 and ESV because I am not sure I can create more than one Multiple Resource window with the same version. Perhaps I should try that.

NOTE: I have a 27" iMac which gives me plenty of room to spread the floating windows.

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 1802
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2015 6:04 AM

Jack, thanks for the tip. This makes it really easy to create floating windows with multiple resources that link easily to the biblical text.

Posts 1434
LogosEmployee

John Fidel:

Another suggestion: When using the multi view feature with lexicons, it would be great if there is not a corresponding entry that the resource would not display. For example TLOT is a great, but very targeted resource. If tied to HALOT and there is no corresponding entry, it would simply not display. this would allow for more targeted resources to be tied but not take up space if there is not corresponding entry. 

This makes a lot of sense. I'll investigate on Monday.

Posts 1434
LogosEmployee

Mike Tourangeau:

This is an amazing feature! I am curious how many are using this.....Anyone want to share how they are using this?

It's kind of handy if you are reading multiple daily devotionals. Put all the devotionals in one panel, then create a shortcut to the main book. Then when you open that book each day, you'll get all the devotionals opened up to the same day.

Posts 15
J. Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2015 12:22 PM

I'm really liking the single interlinear ribbon shared by all the columns. With multiple Bibles in separate panes, each has its own ribbon showing only two or three words. With the shared ribbon spanning all the columns, much more context is visible.

Posts 221
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2015 5:56 PM

It would be nice to be able to create a multiview resource out of the Vatican II Documents and the Vatican II Documents (Latin).  They are both indexed to the "Documents of Vatican II" index.

Posts 1296
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2015 7:10 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
reading multiple daily devotionals. Put all the devotionals in one panel, then create a shortcut to the main book. Then when you open that book each day, you'll get all the devotionals opened up to the same day

Good idea Andrew!

Logos 7.10 RC 1 | Dell Lat. E5530 Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 8GB, SSD | OSX 10.11.6 iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | iPad Air | iPhone 7plus 5.7.2

Posts 2801
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2015 9:52 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Mike Tourangeau:

It's kind of handy if you are reading multiple daily devotionals. Put all the devotionals in one panel, then create a shortcut to the main book. Then when you open that book each day, you'll get all the devotionals opened up to the same day.

Great idea!

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 835
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 4:24 AM

I'm finally tempted to try Logos Now just for this! It looks so neat Smile

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.