Smart Tags for Logos version 6.7

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 3
Bill McVicker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 6:22 PM

Did you try using Logos4 for logos in the bat file and retry?

Posts 8
Linda Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 6:49 PM

Yes I did use Logos 4. Both files for Logos and for Logos4 registered successfully!  When I go to Word and right click on the Scripture reference, nothing happens. I can go to options, proofing, actions and Logos Bible Software (Bible reference) is there and checked. And so is "enabled additional actions" checked for the right-click menu. But nothing happens in word. The L4SmrTg.dll file is from Oct 26, 2015. I am at a total loss now! Thanks again for your help!

Posts 8
Linda Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 6:53 PM

Not sure what changed, but it now works! Praise God! Thank you all for your time and energy. I sure hope Logos does something to fix this before their next upgrade. I might not make it through another time around!

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 7:45 AM

Now those of us using 64 bit Office 2016 stil don't have a solution as Bradley said LSmtTg64.dll must be updated. I wonder if there is any news on this?

Posts 8114
LogosEmployee

Don Awalt:

Now those of us using 64 bit Office 2016 stil don't have a solution as Bradley said LSmtTg64.dll must be updated. I wonder if there is any news on this?

There should be an updated LSmtTg64.dll file in your "Logos\System" folder. If it's not there, there may be a problem with the installer; we'll investigate.

(If it is there, register it (with the 64-bit version of regsvr32.exe) and you should be good to go.)

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 10:57 AM

Hi Bradley, I am on Verbum and it's not in the system folder - nor is it anywhere on my computer that wasn't my old copy, I checked...

Posts 25206
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 11:58 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
register it (with the 64-bit version of regsvr32.exe)

The one in \Windows\System32? Which is the same one used for the 32 bit Smart Tag dll?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 3:56 PM

If the install is not downloading it (especially for Verbum) any chance you can give us a link to the 64 bit version of LSmtTg64.dll that we could use in the interim?

Posts 8114
LogosEmployee

Dave Hooton:

register it (with the 64-bit version of regsvr32.exe)

The one in \Windows\System32?

Yes, on 64-bit Windows, "System32" contains 64-bit binaries.

Dave Hooton:
Which is the same one used for the 32 bit Smart Tag dll?

Nope, that's regsvr32 in the "SysWow64" folder.

Posts 8114
LogosEmployee

Don Awalt:

If the install is not downloading it (especially for Verbum) any chance you can give us a link to the 64 bit version of LSmtTg64.dll that we could use in the interim?

Here: 2117.LSmtTg64.zip

Posts 25206
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 1:18 AM

Yes, on 64-bit Windows, "System32" contains 64-bit binaries.

Dave Hooton:
Which is the same one used for the 32 bit Smart Tag dll?

Nope, that's regsvr32 in the "SysWow64" folder.

First part understood, but I've used regsvr32 with C:\Windows\System32 as the current directory for the 32-bit Smart Tag e.g.

C:\Windows\System32 > regsvr32 “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos\System\L4SmrtTg.dll”

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 4:05 AM

Don Awalt:

Here: 2117.LSmtTg64.zip

Woo hoo! It works! Thanks Bradley! For others I was sure to use the Regsvr32.exe in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, and I put the dll LSmTg64.dll in my %LOCALAPPDATA%\Verbum\System folder. If others are on Logos just substitute Logos for Verbum in this path:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Verbum\System\L4SmrtTg.dll

Thanks Bradley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts 2
Ronald | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 9:12 AM

I had the same problem. I have Office 2010 and Logos 6. The smart tag/build-in just disappeared. I was able to fix it. I closed my MS Word program. Went to Windows 10 Control Panel. Uninstalled a legacy version of Libronix still on my computer along with a Libronix smart tag file. I then clicked on Repair for my current version of Logos 6 and they are now back and it is working. Yea! I use it extensively.

Posts 5
Neal Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 2:16 PM

My Smart tags stopped working as well and i have not been able to get any of these options to work . . . It could be that I'm too computer illiterate.  Please help!!

Posts 25206
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 2:27 PM

Show us exactly the commands you have tried, and did you try \Logos4 or \Logos5 as alternatives to \Logos?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5
Neal Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 3:02 PM

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Logos4\Logos.exe /register

Posts 5
Neal Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 3:03 PM

It gives the error message that Logos failed to register

Posts 5
Neal Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 3:17 PM

If at first you don't succeed try, try again.  I went through your instructions again and this time it worked??  Problem must have ben me!!! 

Posts 25206
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 3:32 AM

Neal Jackson:
I went through your instructions again and this time it worked??  Problem must have ben me!!! 

Smile

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Bryan Albert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 3:58 PM

There should be an updated LSmtTg64.dll file in your "Logos\System" folder. If it's not there, there may be a problem with the installer; we'll investigate.

6.8 Beta 1 should install the LSmtTg64.dll file for 64-bit Office. Also, please see the update PowerShell script RegisterSmartTags.ps1 discussed at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/105737/780081.aspx#780081

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS