Rough Launch - Mostly Video Issues

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Mark Maddux | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 8 2015 9:39 AM

this was our first Sunday using Proclaim. I am trying not to just bail, but give it more time. We have bren running MediaShout 4.5. So, biggest issue is video. We use several videos in our service and they are too big to sync to the group so must remain local. Problem: each one that is local lags in presentation and the audio gets out of sync with the video. Badly. Embarrassing. We finally just stopped one. Repeated attempts prior to service to deal with this did not solve the problem. Wr are running on Windows 8 with an Intel Processor 3.4GHz, 4Gigs ram, an NVidia video card that is plenty fast to run Media Shout...so it should do Proclaim, right? Any help out there? I can't find anything in the forums that really helps. We did disable the hardware acceleration. Didn't change it. Is Mac better for running this?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 10:02 AM

Hello Mark, sorry to hear you had some issues with Proclaim this morning. Usually when we have reports of video and audio out of sync it's related to something in the AV setup like a splitter, converter, or even TV setting. 

Can you reproduce the lag if you disconnect all external displays and go on air with a video? Trying to identify if it's an issue with the computer or something connected to the computer.

Mark Maddux:
Is Mac better for running this?

Mac is better for video playback because there are only a few well tested hardware configurations out there. Windows supports a virtually unlimited number of configurations which is more difficult. Your issue doesn't sound like the more common "bad video driver" issue though.

Posts 10
Mark Maddux | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2015 6:40 AM

Today I am attempting to reproduce the problems we had on Sunday morning and have been able to do just that. I am running VGA out from a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT.  We have three display outs, including a USB display out that feeds our confidence monitor.  The main display is sent to a 4 way splitter that sends out signal to the main projector, our main computer display at the work station, a 2 port switch that can change the confidence monitor from confidence to a mirror of the front, and finally to another large Kramer switcher/scaler that feeds 7 monitors in our lobby.  So, if your theory about switchers is correct, this may be where my problem is. 

I also disconnected all but the main display, ran a VGA from the PC to the main monitor and got the same lag issues.

Do I need to upgrade video cards?  Not enough RAM? I have 4G of RAM and running a Intel Core 2 Duo CPU @ 2.93GHz.  32 bit operating system on Windows 7 Pro

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS