Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Roy Martin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:19 AM | Locked

I noticed this even before I was using beta versions.  I use dual monitors and Logos 4 spills onto the other monitor slightly.  Anyone else having this issue?

So far as I know, it doesn't effect usability or readability.

Posts 915
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 6:28 AM | Locked

I haven't noticed that, but will look for it Sunday  - I use a projector as a second monitor (extended mode) when teaching.

However I have noticed that the drawing mode doesn't work on a floating window displayed on the second monitor with the main Logos window on my laptop monitor.  When I press F8 I loose the ability to scroll the floating window with my wheel or even the slide bar but it doesn't draw (using right and left mouse buttons).  I have to press ESC to regain navigation control of the floating window.

Posts 1562
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 7:01 AM | Locked

Robert,

I use dual monitors (laptop screen + external LCD) and have not noticed any spill-over issue.  Is your L4 maximized on its monitor?

Peter

Posts 28
Roy Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 11:19 AM | Locked

7534.screenSpill.docx

I don't know if this helps.  The arrows show the spill over onto my second screen. 

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 11:56 AM | Locked

Once I maximize on the other screen, it is fine (no 'spill')

Posts 28
Roy Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:05 PM | Locked

Keep in mind, Logos is maximized on my screen 1.

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 5:26 AM | Locked

robert@yeahmartin.com:
I noticed this even before I was using beta versions.  I use dual monitors and Logos 4 spills onto the other monitor slightly.  Anyone else having this issue?

I use dual monitors in a desktop system without any spillover. I don't know it it matters or not, but I am running Logos on a Mac under Parallels with XP.

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 5:38 AM | Locked

I don't have this problem. Using laptop screen and an external monitor.

Bohuslav

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 5:43 AM | Locked

No problem here either.  This could be a graphics card driver issue.

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 6:53 AM | Locked

I recall having this issue a while back, but have not noticed it lately.  It wasn't that severe; just the edge of the window could be seen on the other monitor, even when maximized, if I remember correctly.  Seems okay now...

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 6:56 AM | Locked

Check your alignment in Windows.  Bleed from one screen to another is a windows/driver issue.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 28
Roy Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 9:13 AM | Locked

Thomas Black:

Check your alignment in Windows.  Bleed from one screen to another is a windows/driver issue.

It's not always a driver issue.  The problem only happens with Logos.  All drivers are fine and windows aligned properly.

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:18 AM | Locked

I'm not using the Beta, but I do use a lot of monitors in the "normal" version, and pretty much haven't seen this issue...although with one calendar reading list, it didn't enforce a right margin, making it nigh impossible to work with that reading list until I floated the panel...but that reading list has _lots_ of issues (trying to read Christian History Magazine across 112 sessions).

That said, Logos wrote V4 in WPF, and in a different thread (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/9393.aspx) I was warned that some video drivers (like my USB ones) don't play well with WPF.  Perhaps that kind of problem is what you are experiencing (I've not had this problem yet).

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 12:16 PM | Locked

Robert Martin:

It's not always a driver issue.  The problem only happens with Logos.  All drivers are fine and windows aligned properly.

Logos, using Windows Presentation Foundation, is probably driving the graphics card and drivers uniquely from your other apps - DX9, vector based, etc. etc..  How many other WPF apps do you have? For most people the answer is none. 

That said, have you checked the adjustment of your monitors like this? 

Dual monitors can be flakey in both Windows XP and Vista. This is an easy fix, though.
1. Open the Display Settings dialog:

• In Windows Vista, click Start, and then click Control Panel. Under Appearance and Personalization, click Adjust screen resolution.
  • In Windows XP, right-click the Desktop, and then click Properties. Then, click the Display tab.

2. The two monitor icons are probably not aligned. Drag them so they’re lined up, just as your physical monitors are. You should also double-click the resolutions. Then, click OK.

Posts 28
Roy Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 12:43 PM | Locked

Dominick Sela:

Logos, using Windows Presentation Foundation, is probably driving the graphics card and drivers uniquely from your other apps - DX9, vector based, etc. etc..  How many other WPF apps do you have? For most people the answer is none.   

Really, yahoo messenger is a WPF app, so is Outlook Calendar Printing Assistant (which I use). 

I know how to set up monitors, align them, make sure drivers are up to date, etc.  What I don't need is unsolicited “advice” from help desk jockeys.

Posts 5622
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 1:33 PM | Locked

Robert Martin:
I know how to set up monitors, align them, make sure drivers are up to date, etc.  What I don't need is unsolicited “advice” from help desk jockeys.

Robert, I believe Dominick was trying to help.  I don't think he deserved to be called names.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 1:48 PM | Locked

Robert Martin:

So far as I know, it doesn't effect usability or readability.

I've had this issue, along with the 'black bar of annoyance' issue. It happens with L4 running full screen on one screen with a dual monitor setup. It's related to the way Logos4 handles the special display issues available through WPF.

If you want to get rid of it type in the following command into the L4 command bar: Set Custom Chrome to No.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 28
Roy Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 3:29 PM | Locked

Todd Phillips:

Robert, I believe Dominick was trying to help.  I don't think he deserved to be called names.

Well, if he was trying to help he could have read my post saying that my windows were aligned. 

Posts 28
Roy Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 3:29 PM | Locked

Richard DeRuiter:

I've had this issue, along with the 'black bar of annoyance' issue. It happens with L4 running full screen on one screen with a dual monitor setup. It's related to the way Logos4 handles the special display issues available through WPF.

If you want to get rid of it type in the following command into the L4 command bar: Set Custom Chrome to No.

Thank you, I will try this when I get home.

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 3:38 PM | Locked

I use dual monitors in Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition and do not have this spill over issue

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS