New Feature: Proverbs Explorer, vol. 2 (Interactive; Dataset)

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 249
LogosEmployee
Jacob Cerone | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 25 2016 1:36 PM

What is it?

Volume 2 of this popular interactive and dataset expands the scope of the Proverbs Explorer to proverbs throughout the Old and New Testaments—not just the book of Proverbs. It even covers proverbial statements from Deuterocanonical literature. 

How does it work?

Open the tools menu and click to open all interactives to the right of the menu. From the list of interactives, choose the Proverbs Explorer. Begin filtering the proverbs according to the criteria you want to know more about.

You can also search the proverbs with the accompanying dataset. To learn more about the possible searches, go here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/118376/776920.aspx#776920 

Where can I learn more?

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 11:20 AM

If I scroll down far enough down in any list in the right panel, the verses stop being rendered and I just get the reference. Bug? Running OS 10.11.3 and Logos 6.9.0.0029. Screenshot below:

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 1:44 PM

In your example mine goes blank a little later, at Je 17:9.

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:04 PM

Don Awalt:

In your example mine goes blank a little later, at Je 17:9.

Anyone else seeing this? Faithlife?

Posts 1332
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:43 PM

I'm running Windows 8.1 and the verses render all the way to the end.

Really would like to see a filter by book of the Bible.

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 26026
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:46 PM

not occuring for me in Win 10 but it looks to me like scrolling faster than your computer can repaint the screen ... how long have you waited to see if the text eventually appears?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 1:04 PM

MJ. Smith:

not occuring for me in Win 10 but it looks to me like scrolling faster than your computer can repaint the screen ... how long have you waited to see if the text eventually appears?

I wait indefinitely - it never populates. Maybe it is only a Mac issue...

Posts 18
Brenton Jayatilaka | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:08 PM

I cannot find this dataset in my interactive tools. I am a Logos Now subscriber. Any reason why this wouldn't show up?

Posts 1788
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:16 PM

Brenton Jayatilaka:

I cannot find this dataset in my interactive tools. I am a Logos Now subscriber. Any reason why this wouldn't show up?

It's part of the same interactive. It just adds in additional data.

Posts 18
Brenton Jayatilaka | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:18 PM

I cannot see any Proverbs Explorer in my interactives. I have updated several times

Posts 26026
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:19 PM

Are you on Mac or PC?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18
Brenton Jayatilaka | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:20 PM

Mac

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:31 PM

Brenton Jayatilaka:

Do you have the tool called "Proverbs Explorer"? If yes, what is the number listed beside all? See Jacob's original screenshot that shows 969. I believe that if you see this you have the latest dataset. Volume 2 just expands the scope through the rest of Scripture.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 18
Brenton Jayatilaka | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:34 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Brenton Jayatilaka:

Do you have the tool called "Proverbs Explorer"? If yes, what is the number listed beside all? See Jacob's original screenshot that shows 969. I believe that if you see this you have the latest dataset. Volume 2 just expands the scope through the rest of Scripture.

I do not have Proverbs Explorer at all as a tool. Searching for it and looking for it in my tools menu has turned up empty

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:36 PM

Brenton Jayatilaka:
I do not have Proverbs Explorer at all as a tool. Searching for it and looking for it in my tools menu has turned up empty

I would think that you should have received it by now. I'm guessing that you probably have already done this but just to be sure, have you chosen to "update resources" recently?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 18
Brenton Jayatilaka | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:38 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Brenton Jayatilaka:

I would think that you should have received it by now.

Do I need to have a certain level of base package to access it? Even if I have a Logos Now subscription?

Posts 18
Brenton Jayatilaka | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:40 PM

I have updated my resources multiple times...

Posts 249
LogosEmployee
Jacob Cerone | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:44 PM

To have access to the Proverbs Explorer, you need to have Logos Gold. 

Posts 18
Brenton Jayatilaka | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:44 PM

Does this apply to all the new features in Logos Now?

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:46 PM

Jacob Cerone:

To have access to the Proverbs Explorer, you need to have Logos Gold. 

I tried to find out where this is documented. Is there a list of what base packages are needed for different Interactives?

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS