Faithlife Free: Find and share completely free media for the church!

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 2377
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 6:57 PM

Fantastic Bob!!!

My son is visual arts pastor at a church is Bristol, TN. I turned him on to this. It will be a feast for his ministry. Thanks.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2016 7:54 AM

Really cool! I'm glad to see this and will be happy to contribute and utilize the contributions of others! I'm always looking for good sources of free-to-use media for church-related presentations and ministries.  It can be tricky to navigate copyright issues (at least for me), so I am very pleased to see Faithlife opening up to us this handy sandbox.

One (small) issue. I logged in with my Faithlife account. However, it shows my full name in the upper right hand corner rather than my Faithlife username (i.e. "Average Joe"). For the picture I uploaded, to mark myself as the author, I typed in my username and my actual name popped up as the suggestion. I did notice that I could type in "Average Joe" and click "create new" so that it is listed as the author name, but it isn't the default. I tried typing in the anonymous usernames of some other users and their usernames popped up (rather than their actual names). So it is likely that I either have something typed in differently in my user profile, or else it simply shows up that way for me since I am logged in as me.

Just pointing it out for those of us who use anonymous usernames. I'm not sure it's really an issue or not, since I see that I can type in whatever I want for the author name.

Posts 1697
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2016 5:36 PM

Thanks to those of you starting to contribute media!

Tagging continues to improve; now we need your star ratings!

https://amberfile.com/?sort=rating

...lets you see the highest rated images. Disagree? Clicks the stars on the right (you may need open the properties pane in the search view by using the right-most icon).

Posts 35
Northminster AV | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 10:52 AM

Doesn't look fixed.  Signed in, have no option to change groups, the site is empty, and clicking links in this thread all give 404 "This page is extinct." errors.  :(

Posts 28235
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 2:07 PM

odd as it works for me. Does it show you as signed in at the upper right? Have you just clicked on the link in Bob's post above yours?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 236
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 12:22 AM

Hi! Thank you for an another great service!

Bob Pritchett:

Everything in this 'Amber Vault' is either Public Domain, or licensed under the Faithlife Church Use License ("You may use this content in support of the Christian church. It may be used by churches, ministries, and other organizations serving the Christian church; it may not be used for secular commercial purposes.").

One question: Does the Faithlife Church Use License include or exclude the use of images in printed Christian magazines and newspapers (free and/or paid)?

Faithlife Connect + several Base Packages + Luther's Works, etc.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520.
iPhone 7 Plus.

Posts 1697
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 4:37 PM

Mikko Paavola:
One question: Does the Faithlife Church Use License include or exclude the use of images in printed Christian magazines and newspapers (free and/or paid)?

You can use the images in Christian media.

Posts 786
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2016 8:41 AM

VR media would be an excellent (and inexpensive) direction for this to go.  The *.vr.jpg's can be copied/moved/shared like any other jpg file. 

https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/get-cardboard/ 

https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/apps/  

(Of course, at some point we would need to have FaithLife/Logos branded cardboard viewers Wink)

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 19
Greg Hubbard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2019 7:33 AM

BOB - Thank you so much!!!  this works like a charm

Posts 1226
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2019 10:37 AM

Does this still work. When I click on Bob's link, the vault is empty.

I am a member of the group and I am logged in correctly to FL. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2019 7:01 PM

Myke Harbuck:

Does this still work. When I click on Bob's link, the vault is empty.

I am a member of the group and I am logged in correctly to FL. 

I just tried it, and there's stuff in there. Certainly not much (only 374 images). Faithlife doesn't seem to be promoting it anymore, and it's only as useful as the number of images that users have uploaded there.

Posts 3518
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2019 7:12 PM

It is empty for me as well

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2019 7:35 PM

I just noticed that I have "Logos User Photos" selected in the dropdown at the top left in my screenshot above. If I change it to Faithlife Free, it's empty for me too. So Myke Harbuck and Mattillo, try selecting "Logos User Photos" or other Faithlife groups you're a member of from that dropdown.

Posts 3518
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2019 8:05 PM

Thank you Rosie. I don’t have that option in my drop down

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2019 10:10 PM

Mattillo:

Thank you Rosie. I don’t have that option in my drop down

You have to join the Faithlife group Logos User Photos to see it. There are only 85 members, and it hasn't been active in 3 years. So it's not likely this is going to be a very useful repository of photos. But there at least are several hundred photos in there now that people uploaded a few years ago.

Posts 1002
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 8:05 AM

Rosie Perera:
You have to join the Faithlife group Logos User Photos to see it. There are only 85 members, and it hasn't been active in 3 years. So it's not likely this is going to be a very useful repository of photos. But there at least are several hundred photos in there now that people uploaded a few years ago.

There is no option to join that group only to follow! 85 members and about 13 followers currently.

Posts 3518
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 8:21 AM

I was able to join that group but it still shows nothing for me whether I select faithlife free or users.  Oh well 

Posts 1936
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 8:45 AM

Curious that I joined the group in Bob's initial post and I see 61K assets.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 3518
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 9:29 AM

David Thomas:

Curious that I joined the group in Bob's initial post and I see 61K assets.

Thank you for this! I went to the URL in your photo and that worked for me.  https://amber.faithlife.com/unsplash 

Posts 1002
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 10:59 AM

Thanks David and Mattillo I now have what you have!!

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS