No NEW Journals - why not?

Page 1 of 22 (428 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 426 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 594
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 10 2017 8:08 AM

After waiting patiently after the Master Journal Bundle 2.1+ came out - not a lot has happened.

Where was the frequent release programme we were expecting.

Shalom

Posts 661
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 7:50 PM

Kevin A Lewis:

After waiting patiently after the Master Journal Bundle 2.1+ came out - not a lot has happened.

Shalom

You can't even buy the master journal bundles any longer - they have been taken down. Confusing explanation from FL.

Posts 218
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 8:45 PM

Could there be issues with the publishers of certain journals? I likewise notice that certain journal bundles had been taken down.

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 4492
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 9:00 PM

FL thought they could do it better than Galaxie, they thought they could take over the relationships Galaxie had built up - they got it very wrong.

Kevin A Lewis:

Shalom

Posts 413
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2017 4:33 AM

Wow..  I am glad I purchased  2.1 and got it for a really good sale price..

I still get to keep all the ones I have correct?  Did not realize they took them down..

Posts 100
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2017 5:07 AM

I agree....At least you could count on Galaxie to have a product ready each year.

Posts 4492
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2017 4:58 PM

Yes you get to keep the licensces you have purchased Rodney. 

Rodney Phillips:

Wow..  I am glad I purchased  2.1 and got it for a really good sale price..

I still get to keep all the ones I have correct?  Did not realize they took them down..

Posts 1755
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2017 7:56 PM

Brooks Cochran:
At least you could count on Galaxie to have a product ready each year.

When Galaxie was on board journals were very important to me and a target for my library and purchase goals. Now, not so much.

A real shame that!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 769
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2017 9:43 PM

Hi All,

Regarding MJB 2.1: we had to pull it down and reconfigure it due to some content issues. We are still working on that and hoping to get it up again soon.

As far as new journals, we're actively working to get licenses for many of the journals and put in place an "all current and future volumes" contract. That way we can just get the newest journals up as soon as they are available.

Keep your eye out for something soon!

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 218
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2017 12:15 AM

Thanks Ben! That is encouraging to hear!

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 917
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2017 1:39 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

Hi All,

Regarding MJB 2.1: we had to pull it down and reconfigure it due to some content issues. We are still working on that and hoping to get it up again soon.

As far as new journals, we're actively working to get licenses for many of the journals and put in place an "all current and future volumes" contract. That way we can just get the newest journals up as soon as they are available.

When will Logos issue a means culpa and move on?  Maybe reinstate Galaxie or something.  How far are we into the failed experiment? This is a major reason I have looked elsewhere for my Biblical Software needs.

Posts 917
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2017 1:39 AM

Hi All,

When will Logos issue a means culpa and move on?  Maybe reinstate Galaxie or something.  How far are we into the failed experiment? This is a major reason I have looked elsewhere for my Biblical Software needs.

Posts 1755
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2017 2:26 AM

Everett Headley:

Everett, 

Would please clarify your position. Do you mean to convey that journals are so important to you that you have had to reject Logos and move on to another bible software company or is it that FL has so muddled this effort that it no longer enjoys your support. The distinction is important for in my opinion FL has so muddled this issue I have decided that I must wait until there policies coincide with my preferences and desires. I take this opportunity to reiterate a request that was of major importance to me when I responded to the survey that was circulated. JETS was a game changer for me. Obtain JETS by hook or by crook anything short is disappointing to me.The promise for more predictable updates is encouraging. But, my money is not convinced yet. So, I will wait. 

But, I have confidence in FL and it is and for now will remain, my only bible software.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 8066
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2017 4:03 AM

That's exciting. I can imagine that working out all the contracts would take a lot of work.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 570
Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2017 6:14 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

FL thought they could do it better than Galaxie, they thought they could take over the relationships Galaxie had built up - they got it very wrong.

[

Why this negative comment? Are you so informed that YOU know what is going on in this matter?

Please write according to the Christian standards you proclaim to have. Sorry, I just had to write this.

Hans

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 320
Rene Atchley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2017 8:15 AM

Fairly simple determination: Galaxie-new products regularly available. FL-uncertain, unknown, unknowable.  Free market forces at play-monopolies get to set distribution, price, availability, and content without regard to customer requests or needs. 

Posts 8066
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2017 1:26 PM

Mattillo:

Yes I have these in paper version but not digitally.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 917
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2017 6:55 PM

Beloved:

Would please clarify your position. Do you mean to convey that journals are so important to you that you have had to reject Logos and move on to another bible software company or is it that FL has so muddled this effort that it no longer enjoys your support. The distinction is important for in my opinion FL has so muddled this issue I have decided that I must wait until there policies coincide with my preferences and desires. I take this opportunity to reiterate a request that was of major importance to me when I responded to the survey that was circulated. JETS was a game changer for me. Obtain JETS by hook or by crook anything short is disappointing to me.The promise for more predictable updates is encouraging. But, my money is not convinced yet. So, I will wait. 

But, I have confidence in FL and it is and for now will remain, my only bible software.

When it comes to journals both are true:  Logos has "muddled"  (an understatement that probably will never meet a match) the effort.  There has been infrequent, often reactionary communication about the status and future of the journals. I feel as though promised journals and updates have not happened (this could probably be substantiated as fact, but I am unable to do so at this time).  So yes, I have looked to other places to fulfill my need for these journals.  Furthermore, I can get them in a much more timely manner than Logos has published them.  Even more, for $50 a year I get all the access to virtually all that I want.  For the serious Bible student, I don't see how one can be up to date without them.  

Posts 1755
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 5:01 AM

Everett Headley:
When it comes to journals both are true:  Logos has "muddled"  (an understatement that probably will never meet a match) the effort.  There has been infrequent, often reactionary communication about the status and future of the journals. I feel as though promised journals and updates have not happened (this could probably be substantiated as fact, but I am unable to do so at this time).  So yes, I have looked to other places to fulfill my need for these journals.  Furthermore, I can get them in a much more timely manner than Logos has published them.  Even more, for $50 a year I get all the access to virtually all that I want.  For the serious Bible student, I don't see how one can be up to date without them.  

I agree with everything you have noted and sadly must conclude I have already essentially done as you have done and moved on by choosing to avoid journals all together. Would you please share your present provider with me it sounds like a great deal. You can reach me at arwenttataoldotcom. Thanks

Page 1 of 22 (428 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS