No indication of update progress

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 311
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 1 2017 9:35 AM

For the last couple of updates I don't see any indication of progress other than the spinning circle in the middle of the blue box. Is there some way I can monitor the progress? 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 1 2017 10:47 AM

Thanks for the feedback Brendon. We recently updated some of the download related code, I've made a case for us to follow up and report progress in the update view. 

Posts 311
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 8:06 AM

Thanks, I would appreciate it. I updated one of the church computers to 0028 and it took 3 minutes (which is typical), but on another after 17 minutes all I had was the twirling macaroni with no indication if I was 5 seconds or 5 hours from finishing. The problem was entirely on my end, but I don't like interupting updates if there is an end in sight.

I do appreciate all you guys do.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 9:03 AM

This has been fixed. You should see it in the next update, well... you won't actually see it until you update again using that version Big Smile

Posts 311
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 11:10 AM

Thanks, Scott

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 2:55 AM

The update to 2.6.0.0042 has the same (unhelpful) behaviour. Is this the last update that won't show progress?

When updates sometimes take a few minutes, and sometime an hour or more, this is really, really bad for us.

Posts 354
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 9:10 AM

Hello Murray, since it was in the recent update, you should notice it next time it updates.  Let us know if you notice otherwise!

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 7:14 PM

Wonderful - something ending in 48 is downloading at the moment and I can see the progress. Thanks for restoring this!

Posts 311
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 23 2017 4:49 AM

It's fixed for me as well,Thanks

Posts 2
Russell Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 11 2017 4:54 PM

Awesome, thank you for fixing this!  I'm on a rather slow and inconsistent rural wireless connection and the "Well, It's probably still doing something..." update throbber wasn't particularly helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS