Verbum Sermon Finder Collection, please?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3047
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 16 2018 6:31 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/52476/sermon-finder-collection exists.

But almost all of my interest is in the Catholic ones, and there are a good number of those.

Could they all be bundled up together, please?

Posts 16
Angela Lott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2018 7:16 PM

Great idea!

Posts 26502
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2018 11:57 PM

Don't forget that many Catholic sermons are keyed to liturgical date rather than Bible passage directly.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 164
LogosEmployee

Yes, this is a good idea.  I'll look into seeing what it would take to create a collection with just the Catholic sermons/homilies.  Stay tuned....

Craig St. Clair | Verbum Product Manager |

Posts 945
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:28 PM

Yes

Posts 53
Greg Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2018 5:05 AM

Hi MJ, when you say that many Catholic sermons are keyed to "liturgical date", does that mean that there is a way to search my Verbum Library by liturgical date and some other criteria also in order to find sermons tied to those dates?  Would you be able to create and example of such a search?  That would be very helpful.  Thanks.

Posts 26502
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 3:00 PM

I just discovered it was broken ... so I'll issue a bug report with pictures in the beta forum as that is what I am running.

Okay, your answer is at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/168968/976875.aspx#976875

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 164
LogosEmployee

Thanks MJ.  I'll make sure this gets visibility from the appropriate team to investigate the problem.

Verbum Sermon Finder update:

I'll be crafting a Verbum Sermon Finder consisting of only the Catholic preachers in the broader Logos collection.

I'll update this thread when I have a better sense of when the collection will be available.

Stay tuned....

Craig St. Clair | Verbum Product Manager |

Posts 3047
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 30 2018 6:40 PM

Craig St. Clair (Faithlife):

Verbum Sermon Finder update:

I'll be crafting a Verbum Sermon Finder consisting of only the Catholic preachers in the broader Logos collection.

I'll update this thread when I have a better sense of when the collection will be available.

Stay tuned....

YesYes

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS