Wow 7 Pages!

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6477
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 5:57 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

DAL:

Ok Bradley, you need to, please, fix my posting permit because apparently I can’t post anything that includes a link to your own website.

I've manually approved your most recent post; it should appear above.

Over 1,500 spam posts were caught by the filter in the last two days (this was before the rate limiting) so your other post is probably stuck somewhere in the moderation queue.

Thanks! Now hopefully you can get some sales on this practical set. Cheaper than before! I’m glad FL lowered the price 👍😁👌

Posts 3084
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 11:13 AM

Bob Pritchett:
In the short term we keep looking for ways to keep the spam out without creating too big a burden to posting. It's a continual balancing act.
We have deployed a simple rate-limiting feature for new posters. Established forum accounts (with a significant number of existing forum posts) are exempt from the rate limit.

If you are told that your post has been moderated, it may be because you are a new user who is posting too frequently, or it may be because your post looks "spammy" and was caught by the existing spam filter.

Excellent!

Posts 8051
LogosEmployee

Bob Pritchett:
In the short term we keep looking for ways to keep the spam out without creating too big a burden to posting.

All new forum users will now have to solve a Google reCAPTCHA before being able to write a post or reply. (You won't see this prompt if you already have more than a handful of existing posts.)

Combined with the rate limit already introduced last night, I'm hopeful that this will solve the recent spam problem we've had.

Posts 1051
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2018 7:15 PM

Bob Pritchett:
In the short term we keep looking for ways to keep the spam out without creating too big a burden to posting.

All new forum users will now have to solve a Google reCAPTCHA before being able to write a post or reply. (You won't see this prompt if you already have more than a handful of existing posts.)

Combined with the rate limit already introduced last night, I'm hopeful that this will solve the recent spam problem we've had.

Thank you. It's much appreciated. 

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 7:46 PM

William Gabriel:

Bob Pritchett:

Thank you. It's much appreciated. 

++Thank you; Very much appreciated!!

Posts 1714
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2018 4:46 PM

"Hot New 10pcs Makeup Brushes Ergonomic Microphone Dotted Design.."

This would be ideal for doing Karaoke while applying makeup. Ten pieces for those industrial-sized efforts.

Win 10 Android 9 Fire OS 5

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2018 7:40 PM

Robert M. Warren:

"Hot New 10pcs Makeup Brushes Ergonomic Microphone Dotted Design.."

This would be ideal for doing Karaoke while applying makeup. Ten pieces for those industrial-sized efforts.

Well, the two realms intersect more than you know. Don't these karaoke mikes look like they do double duty as lipsticks of different colors?

And doesn't this microphone-shaped makeup brush just make you want to do karaoke with it?

This gal has the right idea...

Posts 6477
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2018 11:59 AM

2 spams just passed through the “wall.” I hope 🤞 not many get through 🤞😁👎 

Posts 479
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2018 10:41 AM

And another spam post from a previous spammer.. Why isnt this user just banned?

Posts 479
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2018 10:42 AM

https://community.logos.com/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=268530

Known spammer.. Why are they still here?

Posts 8051
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2018 12:31 PM

Travis Walter:

https://community.logos.com/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=268530

Known spammer.. Why are they still here?

I just banned that account.

All accounts that posted spam in the last two weeks should have been deactivated, but it's possible we missed some.

Posts 7
Thomas Rozwadowski | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2018 10:20 AM

Well my posts have been stuck there too. It's a shame there is stil such a high spam rate in forums :(

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS