Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 31
John Dobbs | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 17 2018 2:36 PM

I cannot find a way to manipulate the printing of a presentation. As it is, I'm glad that we can print it...but it's much too small with too many slides on the pages printed. Is there a way to manipulate this ... I haven't been able to find it.  Thanks.

JED

Posts 12354
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2018 3:48 PM

John Dobbs:

I cannot find a way to manipulate the printing of a presentation. As it is, I'm glad that we can print it...but it's much too small with too many slides on the pages printed. Is there a way to manipulate this ... I haven't been able to find it.  Thanks.

There isn't a way to "manipulate" it, but if you print in landscape the slides will be bigger than in portrait.

Posts 48
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 7:50 PM

Hi Logos,

Is the size of printed slides something you will look at? I think there have been several comments on this over the years, and I don't think I speak for just myself that it would really make our lives easier if you could do a bit of work to enable the slides as bigger images on the online and so printed version of the presentation.

Currently we're doing the 'Save as images...' then print all the images workaround, but it would make production of handouts much slicker (and better as section headings etc would be there) if you could tweak the printing that you currently have. Please? :)

Thanks,

Andy Bleach (long term Proclaim user)

Posts 48
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 3 2018 8:48 PM

Any news on this Logos?

Posts 3474
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2018 1:17 PM

Andy Bleach:

Any news on this Logos?

A better workaround for printing full page slides is to multi-select the items you want to print in the Order of Service, then right click and select "Save as images..." to save the images to your hard drive. From there you can open the images in Windows File Explorer (or Finder on Mac), multi-select again, and right click to Print. 

Posts 48
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 4 2018 4:27 PM

Thanks Scott - I'm doing as you suggest (as I mentioned above) but would like to not have to do these additional steps. Also if you print by exporting images you loose all the section and slide headings etc that I think are very helpful.

Thanks,

Andy

Posts 552
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:40 PM

Hey Andy, I wrote a little Javascript script that you can run on the documents.logos.com site which will let you increase the size of the slides for printing. The easiest way to run it is via a bookmark.

You'll need to add a bookmark for whatever your current page is, then edit the bookmark and change the address to the Javascript pasted below (ignoring the surrounding quotes.)

Then you can name it something and next time you want to print, go to the documents.logos.com page, hit your special bookmark, wait for the new, larger images to load and hit print.

If you are using Chrome, when you add a bookmark for the current page, you can hit more which lets you edit the address as well.

Replace the address with the Javascript below.

**Edit, seems like the forums isn't displaying it right; I put it in this paste bin instead: https://pastebin.com/xSZewPk6

I hope that works for you! It changes it to show two slides across instead of 4. I can always bump that to be one if you want.

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 48
Andy Bleach | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 5:09 AM

Jordan, this is so awesome thanks! I can't believe that the images reload as a larger size right before my eyes and then print at portrait 2 x 4 per page.

Thank you so much - you should write this up for the help in Proclaim with a few screenshots for how to do it. I think you will have a lot of happy people if you do this.

Any change of changing the javascript quickly to do 3 slides across?

Thank you again,

Andy

Posts 552
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 11:56 AM

You are welcome!

yes I should add this to a help article. 

I believe this one should do 3 across when printed

https://pastebin.com/HNiHuB1T

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS