OT quotes in the NT

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Peter Streitenberger | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 25 2018 2:45 AM

Dear friends and Logos users, I would like to list the verses in the NT where the author quotes the OT (or alludes to it - but that could be difficult to determine). Is that possible with Logos 6 Gold? If so, please give me a hint, if not just let me know as well, so that I don`t try it in vain. Peter

Posts 21711
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 25 2018 3:13 AM

Peter Streitenberger:
I would like to list the verses in the NT where the author quotes the OT (or alludes to it - but that could be difficult to determine). Is that possible with Logos 6 Gold?

Logos 7 introduced the "NT use of the OT interactive" which handles this well - details at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/120647/789283.aspx 

However I note you refer specifically to Logos 6. Please be aware this is no longer supported and I would recommend upgrading to, at least, the free version of Logos 7 available at https://www.logos.com/product/136022/basic. The Basic version won't give you access to the Interactive I mentioned but it will get you onto a supported platform

What you should have in Logos 6 is access to "literary typing" and you can search on these

Posts 622
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 25 2018 3:40 AM

Peter Streitenberger:

Dear friends and Logos users, I would like to list the verses in the NT where the author quotes the OT (or alludes to it - but that could be difficult to determine). Is that possible with Logos 6 Gold? If so, please give me a hint, if not just let me know as well, so that I don`t try it in vain. Peter

Carson and Beale have a nice resource- The Commentary on the New Testaments use of the Old Testament.

Posts 372
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 25 2018 9:52 AM

Peter,

You should check your library for Old Testament Quotations and Allusions in the New Testament by David Jones. In the pre Logos 7 days that was the resource for examining intertextuality in Logos.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS