Alpha 21 Teasers

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 20 2010 10:09 AM

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 48
David Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 10:50 AM

Oh, very good. This will be helpful in studying Greek vocabulary words. I can study them in context of scripture (complete sentences). Much better than flash cards.

And, since I just got to nouns of the third declension last night, your example is timely.

iMac 21.5 inch • iPhone 3GS 

Software Engineer καὶ μαθητῆς τοῦ λόγου τοῦ θεοῦ

Posts 304
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 12:11 PM

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 326
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 12:43 PM

Excellent! This may be enough for me to stop relying on the Windows version.

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 12:50 PM

Mac Developers,

I thank you. This is a major step forward in the UI. And if I guessed right with David's hint and we are also having Clause Visualising then that is even better.

Every blessing

Alan

StarStarStarStarStar

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 25
Joe Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 1:01 PM

YesYesYesYesYesYes Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile     

have another cup of coffee and keep up the great work  Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee

Martin Potter:

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 1:26 PM

Interlinears, Awesome, I've been waiting for them to appear. They are very helpful when studying the original languages.

Posts 396
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 2:43 PM

Interlinears.   GREAT!

Posts 17
Rob Schlegel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 3:05 PM

which is better?  A mac with logos alpha or pc with Logos windows version?  I need a new laptop and just trying to decide if I should go with mac or stick with PC?  can you tell me what is missing from mac version (vs pc).  Are all library resources available?  I am looking  at the platinum edition.. am i able to view / search all the resources?  thanks!

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 3:16 PM

Welcome to the L4 Mac forum!

I use a PC laptop for work and have a MacBook at home. I'd recommend the MacBook every time. They're much better products running a much better OS. However, Logos 4 for Mac is still not yet complete. The main gaps are listed under point 5 in the FAQ (see the link in my signature, below). Short term you'll be able to access the majority of your resources; longer term Logos are promising feature parity.

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 3:21 PM

Martin Potter:

Cool

This is going to feel a very long ten days ...

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 10831
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 5:07 PM

Rob Schlegel:

which is better?  A mac with logos alpha or pc with Logos windows version?  I need a new laptop and just trying to decide if I should go with mac or stick with PC?  can you tell me what is missing from mac version (vs pc).  Are all library resources available?  I am looking  at the platinum edition.. am i able to view / search all the resources?  thanks!

With Fusion or Parallels you can have both. Either of these applications will allow you to run Windows on your Mac. Then, you can use L4 Windows when you need something that has not yet been implemented in the Mac version. If you choose Parallels, see Optimal Settings for Running Parallels on Mac for L4 . See especially the second post in this thread by John Fidel.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 5:13 PM

Stephen Ashton:
Logos are promising feature parity.
FYI, L4win and L4mac share the same base code, so technically they already share feature parity. The Mac team is now designing the interface so that we can access and use the features already built into it.  It is an important characteristic of this Alpha and one of the reasons development has come along so well. 

In short, feature parity between L4win and L4mac is not just a promise, it is a reality that will be experienced when the Mac developers finish the interface design. Yes

Be encouraged friends! Cool

Joe

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 5:30 PM

Rob Schlegel:
which is better?  A mac with logos alpha or pc with Logos windows version?

It depends on your needs. In the long run, go with a Mac since the Mac version will have feature parity. In the short term, the PC version is still quite a ways ahead of the Mac version. Fortunately, a compromise is possible - for extra money. I run VMWare Fusion and use the PC version of Logos on my Mac. 

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 6:06 PM

Martin Potter:

Will the Interlinear pane work as well, or just the older version of interlinear that we had in previous versions of Logos? I've looked at the videos on the PC side and they look really good.

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

PhilanaCrouch:
Interlinear pane work as well

Not in Alpha 21, but yes, it will be implemented.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 11:56 PM

Rob Schlegel:

I have used both platforms extensively for years and say hands down if you can afford it Mac gives a better experience. I know this is personal opinion, but that's what you are asking for! Smile

I currently run Logos 4 Windows on Fusion and it works remarkably well.  The Mac version is coming along nicely, but there are still things you can't do on the Mac version and so I don't anticipate using L4 Mac for my studies until it hits beta stage.

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2010 5:31 AM

Get a Mac. No question about it. I have never met anyone who has regretted their switch from PC to Mac.

Posts 25
Jason Alligood | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2010 6:11 AM

Looking great guys! Thanks for all the hard work! Wink

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2010 10:27 AM

So is the John 1:1 and follow a tongue in cheek reference to the fact that L4mac is becoming more tangible? *cough***BETA***cough* Conspiracy Theory?!? Cool

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS