Denominational Tagging of Resources?

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 1:11 AM

I can't for the life of me imagine why I would need to search by denomination...sounds bizarre...but I'm sure that's just me. I would like to have denominational information available, say in the Info window. I don't think any denomination has a corner on the market for either good or bad ideas, but it would be helpful to know where an author is coming from in a general sense.

Posts 228
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 4:31 AM

At the front of Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology he has table/grid that lists his position on a number of theological issues, tagging along these lines would probably be more useful that denominational tagging alone as given the wide variation within denominations.

Posts 16
Angela Lott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2019 9:36 PM

Thank you for the information.

Question: Is there a way to create collections of the resources included in particular base packages? And if so, how?

For example, it would be great to be able to create a collection or have a library search option where you only search in resources included in your Baptist Portfolio 7 or your Reformed Platinum 8. This would help with regards to searching by denomination too because you're searching by denominational package resources. This would also circumvent the issue of people getting up in a tizzy about whether such and such a resource is that denomination specific. And give us the ability to only search in specific base package libraries or possibly multiple ones at the same time.

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 12:16 AM

Angela Lott:
Question: Is there a way to create collections of the resources included in particular base packages?

Hi Angela 

That is a good idea but falls down in the practicalities.

I don't think that there is a way to do this automatically. In theory you can do this with your first base package by tagging all the resources. Say you started with Silver. So they are all tagged 'Silver'

Next you buy 'Reformed Gold'. Now this package may have been reduced in price somewhat as you already owned some of them in the 'Silver' you purchased first.

The situation gives exponentially more work with every package you buy because more and more of the resources in the package are likely to be already owned and you have to seek each one out to add a tag.

Then comes the complication of those 'must have' single items - which package to you allocate them to - or do you rely on memory to include them in relevant circumstance?

Posts 10045
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2019 12:43 AM

Angela Lott:
This would help with regards to searching by denomination too because you're searching by denominational package resources. This would also circumvent the issue of people getting up in a tizzy about whether such and such a resource is that denomination specific

This wouldn't work, since there are lots of resources in denominational base packages that are not specific to the respective denomination or may even go against the general views of a denomination (one example: Calvin's Institutes have been part of Verbum). There are collections based on authors' denominational links that have been shared through the forum which would help much more.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS