Does This Mean We Are Losing Our Free Original Starting March 1, 2019?

Page 3 of 7 (128 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 127 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 1344
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2019 8:32 PM

Hi Mark (Smith),

Do you mind posting a list of those resources you received in early January so that the rest of us can check our libraries?

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 124
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 2:38 AM

I did get the email and what I got out of it was that I was getting 3 Classics/month & a coupon. It appears that I no longer will be getting the Originals, which I rather enjoy. Especially since I am a former Logos Now subscriber, which has now been changed to the Faithlife Connect: Essentials (No Library). This thread seems to have become more confusing as I have gone through it, especially since I was unaware that I do have temporary licenses. I just discovered 21 resources in my library that I thought I owned, but apparently, I am renting. I don't even know how that happened. 

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 4:31 AM

Martin Hall:

I did get the email and what I got out of it was that I was getting 3 Classics/month & a coupon. It appears that I no longer will be getting the Originals, which I rather enjoy. Especially since I am a former Logos Now subscriber, which has now been changed to the Faithlife Connect: Essentials (No Library). This thread seems to have become more confusing as I have gone through it, especially since I was unaware that I do have temporary licenses. I just discovered 21 resources in my library that I thought I owned, but apparently, I am renting. I don't even know how that happened. 

Hard to know for certain. Some possibilities:

• Mobile Ed course(s) you've renting through FC:E (NL).
  • Monthly preview resources from FC:E (NL).
  • Resources from Logos 7 Basic (if you have that).
Posts 62
Avi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 6:14 AM

If you guys want to know what resources should be added to your library as part of the Essentials subscription, go to the link https://connect.faithlife.com/products/168691/faithlife-connect-essentials and click on the "hide books I own" box

Posts 9099
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 5:36 PM

Sure thing:

I believe this is 54 resources. Some are marked permanent because I already owned them. The rest are Temporary licenses and all are produced by one of Faithlife's publishing groups.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3256
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 6:41 PM

Mark, are you an Essentials, or an Essentials (No Library) subscriber?

I just spot-checked for the Spurgeon and Osborne commentaries, and I don't have those resources.

I'm guessing they weren't sent to Essentials (No License) subscribers.

Posts 9099
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 7:41 PM

PetahChristian:
Mark, are you an Essentials, or an Essentials (No Library) subscriber?

My subscription page just says Faithlife Connect Essentials (which I believe is the legacy Logos Now subscription that is no longer available).

I owned a few of the Spurgeon commentaries before this year. I have permanent licenses for those. I likewise owned one or two of the Osborne Verse by Verse commentaries before the others were downloaded.

I think someone from FL would have to chime in and make clear what FL Connect customers should have expected/should expect as we seem to be raising questions that we don't have the answers to.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3256
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 8:00 PM

Mark Smith:
My subscription page just says Faithlife Connect Essentials (which I believe is the legacy Logos Now subscription that is no longer available).

I believe customers can still sign up for Faithlife Connect Essentials.

My Logos Now subscription changed to Faithlife Connect Essentials (No Library).

Not complaining, just wondering how two Logos Now subscribers ended up on different pricing plans.

Mark Smith:
I think someone from FL would have to chime in and make clear what FL Connect customers should have expected/should expect as we seem to be raising questions that we don't have the answers to.

Yes, you're right.

Hoping FL can address this so No Library customers don't lose a benefit without getting temporary access to Faithlife Original resources.

Posts 9099
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 8:20 PM

PetahChristian:

That is correct. I had to go back and look at my subscription page and the FL Connect page to get that straight. I don't recall paying anything additional to get the Essentials level when LN was eliminated. I also don't see a No Library option for FL Connect. What is it that you have?

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3256
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 8:33 PM

My subscription page says "Faithlife Connect Essentials - No library (formerly Logos Now) - Annual"

It's apparently everything that Essentials has except for the library (access to what used to be Logos Cloud).

I'm happy with the No Library tier. Hoping we can still get one free Original per month.

Posts 27785
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 10:36 PM

PL:
so that the rest of us can check our libraries

Filtering your library for this should help you: 

publisher:lexham press license:temp

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 124
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 10:39 PM

Mark Smith:

PetahChristian:

That is correct. I had to go back and look at my subscription page and the FL Connect page to get that straight. I don't recall paying anything additional to get the Essentials level when LN was eliminated. I also don't see a No Library option for FL Connect. What is it that you have?

Interesting, I too was upgraded from Logos Now, but was moved to Faithlife Connect Essentials (No Library). I wonder why the difference because I don't think that I was given a choice for a library. I do remember that there was a lot of confusion with the rollout though. 

Posts 124
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2019 10:41 PM

Mark Barnes:

Martin Hall:

Hard to know for certain. Some possibilities:

• Mobile Ed course(s) you've renting through FC:E (NL).
  • Monthly preview resources from FC:E (NL).
  • Resources from Logos 7 Basic (if you have that).

Thank you, Mark, this makes sense. I tried to look at the Logos 7 Basic but got an error trying to open that page. I do believe that I did subscribe to that Though. 

Posts 27785
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 5:17 AM

Martin Hall:
got an error trying to open that page

Try this link: https://www.logos.com/product/136022/basic 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 878
LogosEmployee

JT (alabama24):

Martin Hall:
got an error trying to open that page

Try this link: https://www.logos.com/product/136022/basic 

Hi all, 

Give me a bit to work through all the questions so that I don't further confuse the situation Tongue Tied. I'll try to respond soon.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 9099
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 8:49 AM

PetahChristian:
My subscription page says "Faithlife Connect Essentials - No library (formerly Logos Now) - Annual"

HMM. Not sure how why I have something different since AFAIK FL just moved my subscription from Logos Now to FL Connect. More questions.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 878
LogosEmployee

Hi all, Having read through this thread, here is what I understand the primary questions and/or points of confusion:

1. Has there been a change to the free ebook benefit?
  2. Will the list of Classics stay the same?
  3. Did I receive new books on January 1?
  4. How does this affect FL Connect Essentials (No Library) subscribers?

------

1. Beginning March 1, you will receive a code valid for 3 Classic ebooks and 25% off of a Lexham order rather than a code for 1 Classic and 1 Original.
  2. We are expanding the list of Classic ebooks that qualify.
  3. If you had a subscription to a Connect plan with a library, you received additional books on Jan. 1. These books comprise the new Cloud 3.0 libraries. Anyone who subscribes to Connect after Jan 1 gets access to these libraries rather than the old cloud libraries. Those who had a current FL Connect subscription on January 1 received these libraries in addition to their existing Cloud libraries. You can find the list of titles here (you would only have downloaded the books you do not already own):
    1. https://connect.faithlife.com/products/168690/faithlife-connect-starter
    2. https:/connect.faithlife.com/products/168691/faithlife-connect-essentials
    3. https://connect.faithlife.com/products/168692/faithlife-connect-premiere
  4. FL Connect Essentials (No Library) subscribers did not receive the new books on Jan 1. They will receive the new libraries when we change the ebooks benefit on March 1.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 3288
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 10:00 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

Hi all, Having read through this thread, here is what I understand the primary questions and/or points of confusion:

------

1. Beginning March 1, you will receive a code valid for 3 Classic ebooks and 25% off of a Lexham order rather than a code for 1 Classic and 1 Original.
  2. We are expanding the list of Classic ebooks that qualify.
  3. If you had a subscription to a Connect plan with a library, you received additional books on Jan. 1. These books comprise the new Cloud 3.0 libraries. Anyone who subscribes to Connect after Jan 1 gets access to these libraries rather than the old cloud libraries. Those who had a current FL Connect subscription on January 1 received these libraries in addition to their existing Cloud libraries. You can find the list of titles here (you would only have downloaded the books you do not already own):
    1. https://connect.faithlife.com/products/168690/faithlife-connect-starter
    2. https://connect.faithlife.com/products/168691/faithlife-connect-essentials
    3. https://connect.faithlife.com/products/168692/faithlife-connect-premiere
  4. FL Connect Essentials (No Library) subscribers did not receive the new books on Jan 1. They will receive the new libraries when we change the ebooks benefit on March 1.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you Ben.  As I understand your response, Essential (No Library) owners will get 3 classics each month versus what we used to get (1 classic and 1 original).  My only request is that FL makes finding classics easier.  You can search the forums to see the difficulty people have trying to find the books they want when it comes to classics, so if it is possible to make the search easier (or switch it back to the Logos site) that would be great.  Unfortunately, though it is better, the FLEB site doesn't have the greatest search abilities and can be frustrating when trying to narrow down your search to something you are interested in.

Thx!

Posts 925
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 10:57 AM

Thanks for being the first (only?) person to actually answer clearly the original question Yes

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2019 11:33 AM

David Carter:

Thanks for being the first (only?) person to actually answer clearly the original question Yes

Agreed, and he even answered it directly without marketing flannel about how it was better and "had" to be done.

I do not like the answer but I like having the question answered and being treated like a customer not a small child.

Will Logos ever get its communications to an acceptable level, and has any thought been given to the implications of changing the benefit half way through a 12 month commitment? 

Page 3 of 7 (128 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS