Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8
Gwynn Fuqua | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 6 2019 9:18 PM

I would like to suggest that you offer resources related to the Stone-Campbell Restoration movement. 

In particular, I'd like to be able to refer to authors from the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Many of these authors can be found at Chalice Press. 

Thanks!

Peace,

Gwynn

Posts 25829
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 9:44 PM

You have a number of allies ... as a group keep up the pressure to show a sufficient market for FL ... also note the resources available in the Files forum:

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1
Gwynn Fuqua | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 10:43 PM

Thanks for pointing out those resources! I'll take a look at them.

What would you say are some effective ways to "keep up the pressure"? 

Posts 9761
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2019 4:47 AM

Gwynn Fuqua:

What would you say are some effective ways to "keep up the pressure"? 

Well, Gwynn, one SC guy sold all his guitars and motorcycles, and tried to buy the whole Logos library to get their attention.  That didn't work.

An SC related college financed (rumor) their theological journal in Logos, trying to get some traction. That didn't work.

The problem in SC, is there's different flavors that absolutely don't mix. So, if Logos introduces a good SC volume, the potential customer can be quite picky.  For example, in my family's world, any SC publisher not from the South (Kentucky is ok), is quickly out of the question before you even see what's in the book. And the author's first name has to either be initials or some esoteric name from the 1920s ... the heyday of SC.

But historically, selecting a few key titles and repeatly recommending them is like collecting potential buyers (Logos market) ... takes time but often works. Recommending multiple marginal titles doesn't, but is often good for folks of common interest.

Posts 8699
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2019 5:33 AM

I know that this is not quite what you are suggesting but, if you are interested in any historical documents for Stone-Campbell Restoration movement I would also suggest you check out the selection of Personal Books submitted by users as there are quite a number of ones available there for no cost. You have to do a bit of searching but I've created quite a few from there. See the titles I've created from there below:

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS