[PB] Talmud Steinsaltz from Sefaria [Folio tagged tagged]

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 138
Mendel Itkin | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 30 2019 5:36 PM

Hi, here is the Steinsaltz Talmud from Sefaria. It's fully Folio tagged within the Logos system. It means that if a resource refers to the Babylonian Talmud, Logos will open the exact folio. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ijz9sTh0kLUgvFGzoGrqyuAzuwevk5KK

Enjoy! 

Posts 9147
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 6:23 PM

Thanks for sharing this Mendel. Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 50
Chaoyu-Bian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 7:00 PM

wonderful edition, thanks very much.

Posts 450
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 7:39 PM

Mendel - You are very kind sharing your work. It will be invaluable in studying. Thank you so much. Keep well Paul 

Posts 344
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 10:51 PM

Very gracious.  I just wrapped up first year Hebrew so I’m very intrigued by these resources, but, and pardon my ignorance here, but what exactly is the benefit of the Babylonian Talmud?  

Also saw your document on Rashi—and I have been attempting to locate some of his works (not sure if I understand the formatting yet though).  Much appreciated!

Posts 138
Mendel Itkin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2019 12:25 PM

Puddin’:
what exactly is the benefit of the Babylonian Talmud?

For Christians? Not exactly sure. But there are some for sure. Strack used it as a commentary to the NT, check it out: https://www.logos.com/product/30801/commentary-on-the-new-testament-from-the-talmud-and-midrash

For Jews it is the source of the Jewish Law (Halcha) and the Jewish religious life. 

Puddin’:
Also saw your document on Rashi—and I have been attempting to locate some of his works

What do you mean? The Rashi i uploaded is a commentary on the Torah, earlier prophets and Megillot. The German Rashi is only on Genesis. 

Posts 3679
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2019 8:02 PM

Wow, thanks!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 58
David Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 8:56 AM

Thanks for all your work and generosity in sharing. Which "type" in the drop down list do you designate in making this a PBB?

Posts 138
Mendel Itkin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2019 4:07 AM

Make it Commentary or Monograph, I think others should work too. 

Posts 58
David Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2019 6:10 AM

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS