Is it supposed to be this slow?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 38
chrisclark | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 15 2019 10:16 AM

When I either create or edit a note, I am constantly plagued by one or both of the following:

1. The server will take anywhere from 30-60 seconds to access and bring up the note in question;

2. The entire application crashes after failing to save and synchronize the note just created

Are the notes supposed to access this slowly?

Posts 22095
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 15 2019 2:39 PM

I don’t see either of these problems and, no, it is not supposed to behave like that

Regarding 1 - when you say “bring up the note”, what do you mean, what exact steps are you going through?

Regarding 2 - it would be helpful to see logs after a crash. Please see https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logginghttps://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging for information on enabling logging. Please post logs - using the paperclip icon - in a reply to this thread after a crash

What OS are you using and which version of Logos software?

Posts 15
NATHAN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2019 4:42 PM

I have the exact same problem.  I have to wait 30-60 seconds for it highlight.  I thought this was downloaded to my hard drive???  What's the deal?

On the Logos 8 training video, one of the videos won't even play.  Says to make sure I'm online.  Irrelevant.  Logos is downloaded to my hard drive.  I can watch any logos video I want provided it's not streaming.  

Slow access should be a computer problem if things are downloaded.  I have plenty of memory and hardrive.  What's the deal Logos?

Posts 3065
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2019 8:00 PM

NATHAN:

I have the exact same problem.  I have to wait 30-60 seconds for it highlight.  I thought this was downloaded to my hard drive???  What's the deal?

On the Logos 8 training video, one of the videos won't even play.  Says to make sure I'm online.  Irrelevant.  Logos is downloaded to my hard drive.  I can watch any logos video I want provided it's not streaming.  

Slow access should be a computer problem if things are downloaded.  I have plenty of memory and hardrive.  What's the deal Logos?

Is it always running slow or just sometimes? Have you looked in Task Manager to see what/how many resources are being used when it is happening? Is logos indexing? etc...

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 15
NATHAN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 4:04 AM

It's always.  It occurs on macbook and imac desktop.  Indexing or not doesn't seem to matter.  Highlighting a verse should not take 60 seconds either way.  This is a Logos 8 phenomena.  Again, used Logos 7 everyday for 3 years.  This is a new phenomena regardless of how many operations the computer has going.  I only use my computer for logos anyway.  I'm not a gamer.  My hardware is easily handling the performance necessities.  Again, this is recent development occuring only after Logos 8 and occurs regardless of resources open, task operations, or indexing.  None of that seems to matter.  Training video should be downloaded to my harddrive.  Why is is telling me to make sure I'm online?  This is all Logos 8.

Posts 22095
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 4:21 AM

NATHAN:
On the Logos 8 training video, one of the videos won't even play.  Says to make sure I'm online.

Please provide a link to the video

Posts 22095
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 4:24 AM

NATHAN:
Highlighting a verse should not take 60 seconds either way.  This is a Logos 8 phenomena.

Agreed - and I find what you are experiencing is very strange. I've just tried highlighting some text in a Bible and it took less than a second.

Are you able to provide logs when you are highlighting? That might provide some clue as to what is going on.

Posts 15
NATHAN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 6:46 AM

Graham Criddle:

NATHAN:
On the Logos 8 training video, one of the videos won't even play.  Says to make sure I'm online.

Please provide a link to the video

How?  The video, one of the Logos 8 Quickstart videos is downloaded to my desktop inside of Logos like every other video, Bible and commentary.  The rest played fine.  Just not one of them.  

God Bless,

Nathan

Posts 22095
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 7:34 AM

NATHAN:
How?  The video, one of the Logos 8 Quickstart videos is downloaded to my desktop inside of Logos like every other video, Bible and commentary.

Which Quickstart video?

Posts 16
Jason Benham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2019 4:21 PM

Did anyone figure out a fix to this?  I have been having the exact same issue.  Logos hogs my memory on my macbook and it also takes a long time to create a note or click a previously created note. 

Posts 22095
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2019 11:18 PM

Hi Jason

What sort of computer do you have - Windows or Mac?

Are you able to provide logs from when you are creating or opening a note? See my earlier post for a link showing how to do this

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS