The Next Chapter in the EEC

Page 5 of 6 (117 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 116 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 472
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 3:57 AM

Every time I see a new posting to this page my heart sinks at the money I paid out with so little return all these years. And I am frustrated that FL is developing other exciting commentary series' (like Biblical Theology) with so little feedback on this one. I am running out of time to benefit from this purchase in my own working life. I wouldn't mind if FL called it a day on the series and gave us a refund for the volumes not completed (or even assigned yet). If FL is still passionate about this series then quarterly updates on where we are might keep the guilt and disappointment at bay!

Posts 226
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 4:56 AM

Stephen McCracken:

Every time I see a new posting to this page my heart sinks at the money I paid out with so little return all these years. And I am frustrated that FL is developing other exciting commentary series' (like Biblical Theology) with so little feedback on this one. I am running out of time to benefit from this purchase in my own working life. I wouldn't mind if FL called it a day on the series and gave us a refund for the volumes not completed (or even assigned yet). If FL is still passion about this series then quarterly updates on where we are might keep the guilt and disappointment at bay!

I hear you, same here. :-(

Posts 7
Jacob Sowles | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 7:49 AM

I can’t say I’m on board with them cancelling the series, because I’ve found it to be excellent so far, and I would be very sad to see it discontinued when it’s barely been started. But I did not purchase the whole series in advance, and I can echo the other sentiments. I also wish they would be more transparent with details; based on the volumes I’ve read so far, it might be my favorite commentary series, and I find myself checking the forum every day for no other reason then to see if there is new information on the EEC. 

Posts 5547
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 8:29 AM

Jacob Sowles:
I find myself checking the forum every day for no other reason then to see if there is new information on the EEC. 

If you subscribe to this thread, you can get email notifications when there are new posts and thus save yourself time on days when there aren't any.

Posts 5846
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 10:58 PM

The lack of progress and lack of communication in regard to this series is disappointing. But I would like to see it finished. I don’t regret signing up when it was first announced, I did not know then it would go the way it has gone. I hope FL are able to get it finished even if I have to wait another 10 years... just tell me what’s happening, even if there is nothing new to say. Just let us know you haven’t forgotten about it.

Posts 326
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2021 10:29 AM

It's been a year since the original post and covers in my desktop still are not updated. But since it's been a year can we get Faiithlife's thoughts on where the EEC is? Please start a new thread when you do.

Posts 5547
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2021 12:01 PM

Matt Hamrick:
It's been a year since the original post and covers in my desktop still are not updated.

Consider trying this: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-resource-updates

Posts 326
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2021 12:18 PM

SineNomine:

Matt Hamrick:
It's been a year since the original post and covers in my desktop still are not updated.

Consider trying this: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-resource-updates

I shouldn't have to look at that. Faithlife changed the covers to EEC with new artwork and they should reflect on the desktop like the mobile device.

Posts 5547
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2021 4:26 PM

Matt Hamrick:
I shouldn't have to look at that.

And you don't have to. Nor did I ever write that you had to.

What I did do was suggest that you consider doing something that can be done within a few minutes that might well help you achieve your goal. What you do with that suggestion is entirely up to you.

Posts 326
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 7:23 PM

It's not a suggestion. Scroll up and Faithlife said the new artwork should be on the desktop.

Posts 1189
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 8:13 PM

Stephen McCracken:
And I am frustrated that FL is developing other exciting commentary series' (like Biblical Theology) with so little feedback on this one. I am running out of time to benefit from this purchase in my own working life. I wouldn't mind if FL called it a day on the series and gave us a refund for the volumes not completed (or even assigned yet).

Faithlife should totally give people who are tired of waiting around a refund or at least some store credit to purchase something else the actually exists. This is a really bad look for Faithlife.

Posts 33251
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 9:18 PM

Kiyah:
Faithlife should totally give people who are tired of waiting around

Every series I have preordered has taken at least twice as long as originally projected, one converted to from 50 to ongoing and it now over 100 volumes; one realized that one volume (in the middle of the series) would never be done and deleted it from the series . . .  I've just subscribed to a new series and have 3 volumes in the time originally estimated ... all reprints so maybe this one will stay on schedule. You can join me in a series of catechisms if you like to share the anticipation.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4696
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2021 4:27 AM

I have really enjoyed the EEC thus far but like others just wish communication was better but at the same time I wonder if you would get that from another publisher. They did give EEC owners that Jeremiah volume for free so there is that but at the same time they make odd choices like not using the Jeremiah volume or canning James instead of revising it. 

Let’s hope we will get an update someday though like the above it would be nice if the cover art was at least updated 

Posts 7
Jacob Sowles | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2021 5:47 AM

Not sure if the information here:  https://lexhampress.com/product/7565/evangelical-exegetical-commentary Is correct or not, but assuming it is, then Joshua and 1&2 Chronicles are in review. Hopefully that means they should be coming relatively soon (hopefully early 2022?). Again, not sure if the information on that page is up to date or not. 

Posts 433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2021 6:37 AM

Jacob Sowles:
Not sure if the information here:  https://lexhampress.com/product/7565/evangelical-exegetical-commentary Is correct or not

Being upfront, I didn't subscribe. But looking at Jacob's page, looks like they only got the usual 'easy ones'. I'm surprised. I'm wondering what the appeal is (vs the other conservative commentaries). The sell-page says authors can go wild (digital; no limits). But I'd assume they'll need to go hardcopy to amortize their investment over time.

Posts 7
Jacob Sowles | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2021 9:35 AM
They do have hardcover copies available. The appeal for the series is that the volumes that have been published are very good (at least all the ones that I have read have been, I would consider it my favorite commentary series). The issue is just that they are taking a while to produce
Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 6:46 PM

Faithlife - Can we please get an update on the series?

Posts 47
Steven Leavitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 9:49 PM

Just to make things a little simpler to see where we are at, this is what the Logo's website shows:

What's available now:

Philemon (2011)

Ezra & Nehemiah (2011)

Lamentations (2011)

1, 2, & 3 John (2012)

Exodus (2012)

Esther (2013)

Song of Songs (2013)

1&2 Samuel (2015)

Ephesians (2015)

Jude (2015)

Philippians (2017)

Amos, Jonah, & Micah (2018)

Daniel (2020)

Forthcoming:

Publication Status: In Review with Series Editors

Joshua

1 & 2 Chronicles

Publication Status: In Writing

Leviticus

Ecclesiastes

Galatians

Publication Status: No Information

Genesis

Deuteronomy

Judges

Ruth

1 & 2 Kings

Job

Psalms

Proverbs

Isaiah

Ezekiel

Nahum, Habakkuk, & Zephaniah

Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi

Matthew

Mark

Luke

John

Acts

Romans

1 Corinthians

Colossians

1 & 2 Thessalonians

1 & 2 Timothy, Titus

Hebrews

James

1 Peter

2 Peter

Revelation

Publication Status: No Author Assigned

Numbers

Ruth

Jeremiah

Hosea, Joel, & Obadiah

Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi

2 Corinthians

I hope this post helps.

Posts 116
LogosEmployee
Jake Mailhot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 11:26 AM

Hello all,

I've got an update on a few volumes from our academic editor:

On the NT side, both Michael Burer (Galatians) and Buist Fanning (Hebrews) are close to submitting manuscripts. On the OT side, Richard Averbeck is supposed to submit his manuscript for Leviticus this fall. Additionally the OT editors are close to completing a review of both John Oswalt’s 1–2 Kings and Abner Chou’s Deuteronomy. That's in addition to Joshua and 1 & 2 Chronicles which were already in review with the OT editors.

All of these volumes still have to go through author revision and editorial review, and since that process is unique to each volume the timeline is difficult to predict. It's possible some of these volumes will be on the publication schedule for the second half of 2022. Lexham and the series editors are working diligently to get the manuscripts in great condition and out into the world.

Thanks for your continued patience and support for the series.

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 12:31 PM

Jake - Thanks for the update.  Smile

Page 5 of 6 (117 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS