MS Surface Duo and Mobile App

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2781
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 13 2020 1:27 PM

Watching the demo of the MS Surface Duo - their new 2-screen phone coming out next month. 

Would love to see Logos support something like this. They have two screen and you can do what they call spanning. Drag an app to the middle of the two screens and it will go wide on both screens. Some apps like Kindle show up with two pages like a book. I hope Logos would support that so I could have two books open one on each screen or bible on left with notes on right.

Posts 29753
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2020 12:19 PM

bump 2

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 866
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2020 6:22 PM

The press briefing video showed some pretty neat stuff you can do with the Duo. I'd be interested in it if it weren't a phone. I believe they said on the video that Amazon worked with Microsoft on the Kindle app to do the spanning and such. For Faithlife, I guess it might come down to just how many of these devices sell before they modify the app.

Posts 1
Nicko Guyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2020 4:13 AM

I regularly use the Logos app adn I got a Duo last week. It does work to span across screens currently but it's not a great experience. Verse numbers and some footnotes get cut off by the hinge, and the app navigation is tricky when spanned. I really hope Faithlife updates it to support dual screens. The experience of holding a reading device like a book is really nice! 

Posts 28594
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2020 5:17 AM

Bill Anderson:
I guess it might come down to just how many of these devices sell before they modify the app.

As with all Microsoft Devices, none will sell and it will be discontinued in a year. Surprise

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2189
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2020 8:19 AM

JT (alabama24):
none will sell

Nicko Guyer posted an hour before you that at least one has sold Wink

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2781
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2020 10:03 AM

I would love to get version 2. Still missing a free things for me to jump on this one but word is they are already working in the Duo 2 or whatever they can it. I’m hoping the update would not take too much from Logos to make it work. We note see 3 folding phones from major manufacturers so this looks like a trend and not a gimmick. 

Posts 28594
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2020 11:27 AM

David Thomas:

JT (alabama24):
none will sell

Nicko Guyer posted an hour before you that at least one has sold Wink

Lets put it this way: MSFT won’t recoup the product development costs. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS