Page 7 of 16 (301 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
This post has 300 Replies | 26 Followers

Posts 2
Timothy Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 12:53 PM

How do you put the parallel collections in the order that you want them... It defaults to alphabetic order. 

Carousels allowed you to order them so that you can click right to the ones you want to see first.

Posts 25328
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 12:54 PM

John Simpson:
Bibles or commentaries can be flagged as "group drivers" for other a sync group. When a book is a group driver other books in its sync group will follow it, but it will not follow other books in its group. To toggle the group driver on or off, use the down-arrow next to the window's sync button:

The multiple resource view in Logos does something similar - details at https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016304832-Multiple-Resource-View 

John Simpson:
Bibles, commentaries, and dictionary windows have a feature known as a carousel. A carousel allows you to set up a list of favorite books that you can flip to rapidly without opening multiple windows

I don't think it will be quite the same, but it's worth looking at Parallel Resource sets in Logos - https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018068751-Parallel-Resource-Sets 

Posts 25328
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 12:59 PM

Timothy Henderson:
How do you put the parallel collections in the order that you want them... It defaults to alphabetic order. 

Order of resources shown in the parallel resource dropdown follows priioritization settings in your library - https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019683652-Prioritize-Resources 

Posts 79
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 1:28 PM

Graham Criddle:

John Simpson:
Bibles or commentaries can be flagged as "group drivers" for other a sync group. When a book is a group driver other books in its sync group will follow it, but it will not follow other books in its group. To toggle the group driver on or off, use the down-arrow next to the window's sync button:

The multiple resource view in Logos does something similar - details at https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016304832-Multiple-Resource-View 

John Simpson:
Bibles, commentaries, and dictionary windows have a feature known as a carousel. A carousel allows you to set up a list of favorite books that you can flip to rapidly without opening multiple windows

I don't think it will be quite the same, but it's worth looking at Parallel Resource sets in Logos - https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018068751-Parallel-Resource-Sets 

I've looked at both, but they don't allow the flexibility of the Wordsearch system - Wordsearch Carousels with Driver were a combination of the above. I could quickly cycle through dozens of commentaries without my Bible moving, then change to a new passage and start at the top of the commentary list again. Prioritizing multi-volume sets messes up the Parallel Resources when it reaches a set without the reference.

Posts 179
Wesley Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 3:41 PM

Rick:

I will also miss being able to view PDF directly in the software. I didn't use it a whole lot but it was nice to have when I did.

I second that I have long missed that feature in Logos as well.

Posts 5600
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 5:32 PM

Wesley Crouch:

Rick:

I will also miss being able to view PDF directly in the software. I didn't use it a whole lot but it was nice to have when I did.

I second that I have long missed that feature in Logos as well.

What is the usefulness of that feature for you?

Posts 485
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 6:59 PM

SineNomine:
What is the usefulness of that feature for you?

I used that feature a few times.

You could have a folder show in your resource/Library tree. There you could stash your PDF's of books that you did not have an "Official" W.S. resource for. When browsing your library you could then "see" that you had that resource, read from it, copy from it, without having to leave W.S.

That is what I did anyway.

Posts 179
Wesley Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 7:19 PM

I used it a lot myself, every time I went to State meetings of our denomination, there would be papers/books on PDF we would get that I could keep on my PC 

Posts 12
Keith Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2020 3:54 AM

I miss the Lesson Builder program. Particularly that you could change the order of the questions easily and the fact that a question was simply formatted as a question.

I found a way to keep it going through Windows 7 but eventually had to let it go.

Posts 12
Keith Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2020 4:15 AM

In Wordsearch I setup a devotional desktop (Bible on one side, devotionals on the other) When I open it the devotional(s) are automatically open to today's date.

In Logos, I have to go back to the home screen and click on the devotionals again in order to update them to today's date.  Even if I update the current layout I will always be at least a day off.

Posts 2564
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2020 6:07 AM

John Simpson:

I've looked at both, but they don't allow the flexibility of the Wordsearch system - Wordsearch Carousels with Driver were a combination of the above. I could quickly cycle through dozens of commentaries without my Bible moving, then change to a new passage and start at the top of the commentary list again. Prioritizing multi-volume sets messes up the Parallel Resources when it reaches a set without the reference.

Hi John,

If you open a passage guide and link it to your bible, then open the commentary section, then select a commentary you can use the right and left arrow keys to scroll through various commentaries without the Bible verse changing. You can also use the parallel resources icon to select a specific commentary.

By utilizing this section of the passage guide you can link to commentaries based on the biblical text, but the commentaries are not linked and will not move your bible.

Let me know if this is not clear and I will try and provide more detail.

Posts 122
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2020 6:37 AM

Mark Smith:

Logos has an "Action" that works in MS Word that allows you to type in a reference, right click on it, select "Additional Actions" - Logos Bible Software - Replace with passage and your scripture is pasted in. Within Logos Bible Software you can select the Bible you want to use, and you have virtually unlimited control over the format of what is pasted. I find this quick and easy. Here's a screenshot of the Action the MS Word right click menu

I used to have this "Additional Actions," but it is no longer available in my right click menu. Where, or How do I get this back. That was a great tool.

As far as ZipScript I use it a lot when I don't have Logos open. It's a great little tool that loads automatically when I crank up or restart my computer. I have set Alt-Z as a hot key.

Thanks Mark, you do a great job with your explanations.

BroJames

Posts 9
Stephen Shields | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2020 10:29 AM

ZipScript. It's not just a favorite feature. It's an essential.

I use it in various applications and browsers.

Thanks!

Posts 4
Larry Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2020 1:02 PM

Where is the screen shot

Posts 4
Larry Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2020 1:04 PM

Where is the screenshot you are referring Bro. James

Posts 4
Larry Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2020 1:35 PM

Mark I must be overlooking something but I cannot find the action you are referring to. Can you please give me more details? Thank you

Posts 485
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2020 3:41 PM

It's in the third post at the very beginning of this thread.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193813.aspx?PageIndex=1 

Posts 79
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2020 4:10 PM

John Fidel:

If you open a passage guide and link it to your bible, then open the commentary section, then select a commentary you can use the right and left arrow keys to scroll through various commentaries without the Bible verse changing. You can also use the parallel resources icon to select a specific commentary.

By utilizing this section of the passage guide you can link to commentaries based on the biblical text, but the commentaries are not linked and will not move your bible.

Perfect! Thank you.

Posts 38
Danny Jenkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2020 4:51 PM

I have studied the Bible (New Testament) for years, and using WordSearch note system was the tool that really got me. I love taking notes, and I have them on just about all of the NT, and a few on the OT. I have used WS for around 10 years, and I was very pleased with how easy it was to use and to setup for my study-time. I don't do change that good anymore, and I have played around with Logos note taking, and I don't like it. Is my notes going changed when they are imported into Logos?

Posts 25328
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2020 10:18 PM

Hi Danny - and welcome to the forums

Danny Jenkins:
Is my notes going changed when they are imported into Logos?

As another Logos user I don't know what mechanism - if any - will be used for importing notes into Logos so I'm afraid I can't comment on that

Danny Jenkins:
and I have played around with Logos note taking, and I don't like it.

What aspect of Logos note taking don't you like? I'm wondering if there are any pointers we could provide.

Page 7 of 16 (301 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS