Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Javier Rabaca | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 19 2020 10:21 AM

Blessings & Good Morning,

A couple of quick question: Will Wordsearch users be notified when entire Library is converted to the Logos platform? Also, will we be notified on which books could not be converted to the Logos platform? and will we be compensated in the form of store credit for the Logos store for whatever books that were paid for that could not be converted? 

Posts 8842
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 11:00 AM

Javier Rabaca:
will we be compensated in the form of store credit for the Logos store for whatever books that were paid for that could not be converted

No; you paid for those books in Wordsearch and continue to have access to them there.

As an extra, free, bonus, you are getting access to as much of your library as possible in Logos. There is no credit for any resources where we couldn't provide this free service.

Posts 8
Javier Rabaca | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 11:51 AM

Ok cool, just wanted to clarify. So I'll ALWAYS have access to the books that do not cross over to Logos in the Wordsearch app.

Thnx. 

Posts 2029
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 11:58 AM

Javier Rabaca:
So I'll ALWAYS have access to the books that do not cross over to Logos in the Wordsearch app.

For as long as the apps continue to work for you, yes. We're not revoking your Wordsearch licenses from the Wordsearch apps.

Posts 8
Donald O. Ebert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 11:59 AM

When I talked to a customer rep yesterday, he gave me this link to books being transferred to Logos.

https://www.logos.com/wordsearch-library-migration

Posts 8
Rob Hiday | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 12:22 PM

what about particular, 'normal' bibles, like the ESVL? mine has not made the transfer... will it or is there a problem in getting those to make the transition?

Posts 8842
LogosEmployee

Rob Hiday:

what about particular, 'normal' bibles, like the ESVL? mine has not made the transfer... will it or is there a problem in getting those to make the transition?

I'm not seeing the ESV in your Wordsearch licenses. Can you confirm the version by opening your Wordsearch Library, right-clicking the ESV, choosing Properties, then pasting the Book Info (including the Book ID) here?

Posts 8
Rob Hiday | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 3:11 PM

thanks for the reply. I am on a MacBook, so in order to get to my library I have logged into WS, but is shows under 'products owned' no books at all. I then went into 'launch word search desktop' to get to my materials, and the ESV is right there. I can't get it to copy and paste from 'properties', but here is what it says:

ver 20, English, there is no ISBN listed, categories bibles, CBP date 2/18/2015, DAT date: (same), book ID 0:190. 

does that give you what you need? the copyright is 2001, by crossway bibles, a division of Good news publishers, database (c) wordsearch

Posts 8
Rob Hiday | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 3:13 PM

Posts 8
Rob Hiday | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 3:17 PM

Posts 8842
LogosEmployee

Thanks Rob; this is helpful.

I'm not seeing 0:190 in our copy of your Wordsearch licenses, which is why you don't have access to it. We'll look into this more on Monday. 

Posts 1
Nguyen Hoang Nam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 3:56 AM

There are many books in my Wordsearch Library that I haven’t seen in Logos yet. 

Posts 13
David Crowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 4:28 AM

I would like to see a feature where I open up my Library in Logos and it tells me what has recently been added into my library. Is there a way to check this? I have many books in Wordsearch that I would like to incorporate into my "collections" in Logos and use immediately when they are available in my library. A feature like this would help this process immeasurably. 

Posts 23575
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 4:35 AM

David Crowe:
I would like to see a feature where I open up my Library in Logos and it tells me what has recently been added into my library. Is there a way to check this?

You can use one of the facets on the left side of the Library panel

Selecting one just shows resources added / updated in that period

Posts 13
David Crowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 5:25 AM

Perfect! Thank you!

Posts 4181
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 1:28 PM

Javier Rabaca:

Blessings & Good Morning,

A couple of quick question: Will Wordsearch users be notified when entire Library is converted to the Logos platform? Also, will we be notified on which books could not be converted to the Logos platform? and will we be compensated in the form of store credit for the Logos store for whatever books that were paid for that could not be converted? 

See here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193934.aspx 

Posts 8
Javier Rabaca | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 5:16 PM

thnx for the link Big Smile

Posts 8
Javier Rabaca | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 5:24 PM

Another quick question: how long does it take a book that has already been converted to the Logos platform, to become available in ones library? I have noticed some books that have been downloaded to Logos that are not in my library as of yet, that I have purchased in Wordsearch. Thnx in advance for your reply.

Posts 4111
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 12:11 PM

Javier Rabaca:

Another quick question: how long does it take a book that has already been converted to the Logos platform, to become available in ones library? I have noticed some books that have been downloaded to Logos that are not in my library as of yet, that I have purchased in Wordsearch. Thnx in advance for your reply.

They are usually available as soon as Logos completes its indexing. For a full index of my library - which has ~15000 titles, it takes almost all night on my laptop, faster on my desktop.

For a new title or two, it normally only takes a moment or two.

If Logos has downloaded them, they should be available in your library pretty quickly (again unless you're adding 5 digits worth of books). Can you give an example of a book you have in wordsearch, that logos has downloaded, but isn't in your library?

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 8
Javier Rabaca | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 1:17 PM

Wow...Yeah I don't have 15000 titles..700 maybe....I wouldn't know what to do with all that knowledge...but thnx for responding..

Here are couple of examples: These state available on the wordsearch migration list but when I click on them I get a "Cannot Display Resource" message

0:3036 The English-Greek Reverse Interlinear Holman Christian Standard Bible: New Testament

0:3107 The English-Hebrew Reverse Interlinear Holman Christian Standard Bible: Old  Testament

I guess I'll just wait til all this migration is over and see what happens after...then I'll put in for an inquiry

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS