What were you most excited to see in Logos 9? Positive feedback

Page 2 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 58 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 9414
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 4:00 PM

Michael:
Curious why it hasn't just shipped to everyone since it's ready.

I think that this is another way to encourage people to upgrade to L9. It should ship in the not too distant future.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 14
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 4:10 PM

Rosie Perera:

All these people mentioning Carta. I have it on pre-order and it's still showing as In Production. Has it downloaded for you already if you bought one of the L9 packages? I got the update to the new L9 engine automatically, but haven't bought a package yet. Trying to decide whether to cancel my pre-pub and do so.

I also had it on prepub and got the upgrade to L9 automatically with my Connect subscription. I upgraded to L9 Platinum, and I think the upgrade Platinum-Platinum probably came to no more than the cost of the Carta resources.  I haven’t checked, but i don’t think there was much in it. 

Posts 4448
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 5:35 PM

Angela Meister:
What were you excited to see?

Dark Mode, Passage Guide upgrades, Factbook 2, and NEW LIBRARIES!!!

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 30230
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:09 PM

Michael:

no inside knowledge but I wonder it Faithlife held back on setting off the distribute function because of the current load on the servers.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 56
Darrell Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:24 PM

Counseling Guide - most practical!

Dark mode

Posts 4
Andreas Mueller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:38 PM

I'm most excited about having the reverse interlinear for the NET bible. I love the NET bible and having the interlinear dataset makes it much more useful in Logos! I'm also very happy about getting the Lexham Research Commentaries as part of the Platinum package. These commentaries are (understandably) quite expensive and I never saw enough discount to justify buying them.

Posts 1931
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:55 PM

Maybe the fact that L9 Ultimate only has less than 250 classical junks out of 1700 added resources? (in my case)

With that, I'm grateful. 

Posts 4448
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:12 PM

MJ. Smith:

Michael:

no inside knowledge but I wonder it Faithlife held back on setting off the distribute function because of the current load on the servers.

FL normally holds back on PrePubs and such that are in base packages. I believe that this is to reduce refunds processed and improve customer satisfaction.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 982
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:06 PM

Rosie Perera:

All these people mentioning Carta. I have it on pre-order and it's still showing as In Production. Has it downloaded for you already if you bought one of the L9 packages? I got the update to the new L9 engine automatically, but haven't bought a package yet. Trying to decide whether to cancel my pre-pub and do so.

I bought an L9 upgrade that contains Carta. However, my Carta PrePub is still there. Will it automatically be canceled?

Posts 30230
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:21 PM

Yes, but even if it weren't you won't get charged twice

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1585
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:23 AM

Carta and Hebrew. 

I also like the current Factbook, although I feel it is still under construction.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 163
Reimar Vetne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:52 AM

Lexham Research Lexicons and Factbook entries

Posts 1006
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 5:08 AM

Everything that's already been mentioned, plus St. Augustine.

Posts 23
John Patterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 5:38 AM

I don't know what its called but now nearly everything in  my Bible has a faint blue underline. When I click on it I get a popup that explains more about the subject or person. I love that feature.

Posts 203
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 5:43 AM

I am very happy about the MEV RI!

Posts 3115
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 5:46 AM

Full function of Logos on Mobile.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 6:15 AM

Overall, a good update. Didn't appear to break anything major... my favourites are:

• Factbook - particularly as they build out and develop it in the weeks to come.  The entries for the Books of the Bible are huge time savers.
  • Greek Grammar Ontology: Another big time saver.
  • The Passage Guide Update to the Commentary section: We have needed this since version 5.0, particularly type and era.
  • Interlinear for the NET Bible: The translator notes for this Bible are very useful and being tagged was long overdue.
  • Notes Improvements: A useful evolution as I tend to use these more and more.
  • Reading Plans - useful for having a number of books on the go.
  • Mobile Improvements - great to see some useful evolution of the mobile apps... seems to be more and more less like a cut down mobile reader.

The sermon/homily builder and management stuff looks cool, but I won't use it.  The counselling guide will probably be useful on occasion, but I can see how both of these will add real value to certain types of users.

Posts 4448
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 6:40 AM

John Patterson:

I don't know what its called but now nearly everything in  my Bible has a faint blue underline. When I click on it I get a popup that explains more about the subject or person. I love that feature.

That's called the Factbook Visual Filter. Smile It covers persons, place, and things. Eventually Faithlife wants to have to cover even more stuff.

Posts 1319
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:33 AM

I'm a part of several different FB groups for Logos and FL, and I continue to see in numerous posts the excitement and satisfaction users are experiencing. Saw 4 or 5 just this morning. Again, I think this has overall been the smoothest Logos release that I can remember.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:16 AM

One thing I just discovered in the Mobile iOS app was the “save for later” option. Allows me to bookmark passages I want to cite later without making my bookmarks list 3 miles long 🙂

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Diamond

Page 2 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS