Suggestions: Please, Please Change the new Logos Icon

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4849
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 6:47 PM

JoshInRI:
Note how underdeveloped the basic menu is

What menu are you referring to?

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 54
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:55 PM

If the logo of Logos was intended to fit in with the Faithlife family of products it is a fail. Just make it three shades of green and be done with it. 

I was excited by the release of Logos 9 but I have to agree with the Original poster that it was a bit of a let down and a concern when the logo first appeared. True that it is not that important of an issue, but it is also true that it is a bit tacky. Shalom

Posts 4132
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:07 PM

I worked in advertising for a time, not terribly long... But my job was making logos. So I tend to notice logos more than most.

I like the logo.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:06 AM

SinNomine.  Jesus gave me a complete makeover when I was born again.

Thats what Logos Bible software needs too, from the ground up.

I was referring to the menu that comes up when you start the program. Some would argue that its left as is and not changed much because it allows users to add things etc. 

I feel those at Faithlife should get a couple of new users eager to use the software in a round table discussion and then video capture just how difficult the software really is to do even the most basic things. 

Posts 24298
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:15 AM

JoshInRI:
I was referring to the menu that comes up when you start the program

I'm sorry but I don't know what menu you are referring to. Please clarify - ideally with a screenshot

Posts 2282
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:31 AM

JoshInRI:
the menu that comes up when you start the program.

But users have MANY different layouts when they start the program.

May you be referring to the HOME PAGE?

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 10
Josiah Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 6:58 PM

I kind of like the new logo Smile I wonder if perhaps a better question would be why Logos is still blue when all the rest of Faithlife is green? Kind of sticks out on the equip page since it is the ONLY one that's not green. It otherwise blends in nicely and does seem to help with brand cohesion.

Posts 3743
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 5:21 AM

JoshInRI:
The style of the icon...really?

Big Smile

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 6:08 AM

JoshInRI:
I feel those at Faithlife should get a couple of new users eager to use the software in a round table discussion and then video capture just how difficult the software really is to do even the most basic things. 

I used to agree with you, a simpler UI version. And I still agree with you, both the desktop and mobiles really aren't marketable to the broad Christian membership. At church, intro'ing a FL product to a younger person is easy .... the problem being what next. But older folks, OT, etc are the choices to avoid being killed and chopped into little pieces. One at a time. Smiling .. older folks don't appreciate stupidity.

But the FL train has left the station. Keeps the Spokane folks' families well fed and happy.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 922
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 7:10 AM

JoshInRI:

People likely feel the same way about Photoshop. Still it dominates the photo editing space. 

Posts 825
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 7:42 AM

Perhaps after the splash screen icon design is settled we can get back to some truly important issues like "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" or maybe "Can God make a stone too big for Him to lift?".  There is just so much to do ...  Wink  (Remember POE - it's the law!)

JRS has left the building.

Posts 64
Ron Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 7:59 AM

I for one like the new Logo, always nice to see change sometimes.  Another user responded the most important is the program itself and working properly and I also have had no issues with the upgrade.

Great Job FL, you've done a great job again.

Posts 200
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 8:02 AM

I noticed this on the icon in iOS devices. I like the icon (I like any icon change, it means upgrade!!!), but there is a slight artifact in the iOS icon. I have circled it in green. Looks like a faint white line runs along the top and bottom of the icon. Shows on an iPhone X and an iPad Pro. 

And Bob, thank you for what your company contributes to the study of God's word. Someone should write a book on how common grace intersects with technology (I think Tony Reinke is working on something like that for release around 2022). But someone should at least write a chapter on what Logos has meant for people for many years, and hopefully many years to come.

Posts 56
George Simopoulos | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 8:05 AM

I rather like the neapolitan style logo. It's the same aesthetic choice Microsoft has chosen for their office suite and I think it keeps things fresh. We are fickle creatures and in a constantly changing digital environment, not keeping up with design updates can make your product look outdated and undesirable.

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS