what does WORDsearch coming to logos mean for me?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1119
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 6 2020 10:37 AM

I was not a WORDsearch customer, is there anything exciting that WORDsearch could do that logos couldn’t? Are we about to get any exciting new features/resources? i’ve always wished for off-line Hi-Res scans of original manuscripts...

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 29042
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2020 11:52 AM

I was not a WORDsearch user either. I do know that there is a massive catalog which is migrating to Logos and/or FLEB. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2691
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2020 12:08 PM

Mostly it means more books in the catalog as resources are converted. I don't think it changes Logos as a program, but more users will certainly influence what might get added in the future and perhaps when they get added. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 9033
LogosEmployee

John Goodman:
Are we about to get any exciting new features/resources?

Yes: https://blog.logos.com/2020/09/over-3000-new-reasons-to-love-logos/ 

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2020 1:38 PM

Bradley, How about working some of the good features of WordSearch into Logos/Verbum. You can start with LessonMaker, Cross-reference Explorer and InstaVerse. They would make great features to add to Logos.

Posts 1119
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2020 1:19 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

John Goodman:
Are we about to get any exciting new features/resources?

Yes: https://blog.logos.com/2020/09/over-3000-new-reasons-to-love-logos/ 

That's helpful although I'm not sure I can sift through 3000 items to figure what to be excited about... no doubt the marketing department will begin to enlighten us as the project continues!

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2020 4:35 PM

John Goodman:
I'm not sure I can sift through 3000 items to figure what to be excited abou

I am eagerly awaiting A Modern Grammar of Biblical Hebrew, after that, I will wait and see.

Posts 5
Tagg Wolverton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2020 6:15 AM

Still looking for LesssonMaker to be brought in - or if someone can point me to a resource in Logos that's comparable...?

Posts 4392
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2020 6:23 AM

HOTC! HOTC! HOTC!

[Chanting in an obnoxious manner]

:) 

Posts 29042
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2020 6:52 AM

Tagg Wolverton:
Still looking for LesssonMaker to be brought in

See this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/194121.aspx 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 42
Rene Atchley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2020 7:46 AM

The primary plus for WordSearch for me is that it was a direct exegetical tool to the text instead of an endless set of "tools"/bells/whistles/predigested data sets that get in the way of the exploration.  The difference between the tools is akin to comparing a word processor to a spreadsheet...both has a place.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS