Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2021 10:35 AM

Thank you Sir. 

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2021 10:36 AM

Yes, the answer was provided, but thank you for the extended response. 

Posts 50
Ken Thompsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2021 11:26 AM

M1 Owner here. It works great on mine, but Rosetta is a bad idea long term. Rosetta is the culprit for why some people have extremely high SSD writes that have been reported with the M1. Rosetta requires a lot of swapping and eventually diminishes the longevity of the computer. That said, Logos isn't heavily based on direct drive writes compared to some programs. So I don't want to alarm anyone either. It's more of a general warning.

Posts 19594
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2021 6:57 PM

Pathfinder:
M1 Owner here. It works great on mine, but Rosetta is a bad idea long term.

Welcome Big Smile

New Faithlife Feedback => Native Support for Apple Silicon Processors has 56 votes with a status of Planned.

Caveat: new feedback website needs a separate login so please vote => Add the feedback website to the Faithlife SSO system that has 21 votes.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 50
Ken Thompsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2021 7:19 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Pathfinder:
M1 Owner here. It works great on mine, but Rosetta is a bad idea long term.

Welcome Big Smile

New Faithlife Feedback => Native Support for Apple Silicon Processors has 56 votes with a status of Planned.

Caveat: new feedback website needs a separate login so please vote => Add the feedback website to the Faithlife SSO system that has 21 votes.

Keep Smiling Smile

Thanks for the welcome. I just added myself to the vote. Smile

Posts 53
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2021 12:40 AM

voted !

Posts 2
Jerrod Arnold | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2021 6:46 PM

Has anyone bought a MacBook Pro 14” M1 Max and tested Logos on it? Just wondering what to expect when mine arrives early November. Id be interested in any other of the new MacBook Pro chips as well. Thanks. 

Posts 88
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2021 10:48 PM

Yup, I'm trying one out right now. I have the base model 14" with the "underpowered" CPU/GPU. It's snappier in Logos my 2018 i5 13" MBP has been. Loading up a 25+ resource layout has a second or two and then every book just appears at once. It's really nice!

And all of that is under Rosetta translation. I can't wait to see what a native application for Apple Silicon would look like. Has there been any update on a timeline for a release? Need any testers? 

Posts 2
Jerrod Arnold | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2021 6:44 AM

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm glad to hear it seems to make a big difference. I so look forward to Logos making a native app.

Posts 1262
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2021 10:40 AM

Timothy Shrimpton:
"underpowered"
that made me chuckle. My raspberry pi is underpowered;)

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 1
Xingxing Xiang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2021 6:47 AM

A good news, .NET 6 just released last month with M1 native support.

Posts 4
Norman Goos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2022 7:58 PM

I just bought the 16" MacBook Pro.  I'm having a hard time installing Logos.  I can download the .dmg file but I can't get it to open.  Is there something obvious that I'm doing wrong?

Posts 25770
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2022 11:43 PM

Norman Goos:
I'm having a hard time installing Logos. 

Sorry to hear this Norman

Have you dragged the .dmg file to the Applications folder as per https://www.logos.com/install 

If that doesn't work please start a new thread in this forum

Posts 611
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2022 2:20 AM

Graham Criddle:

Have you dragged the .dmg file to the Applications folder as per https://www.logos.com/install 

The instructions actually have the user double-click the .dmg file to open it (step 1), and then drag the Logos application to the Applications folder (step 2).

If the .dmg file won't open (which sometimes happens on Macs), you can try giving it a few minutes, restarting your Mac, or downloading it again. The Mac OS does some system checks on .dmg files, and on the rare occasion gets stuck somehow. It's no big deal. 

Posts 25770
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2022 8:21 AM

Gregory Lawhorn:
The instructions actually have the user double-click the .dmg file to open it (step 1), and then drag the Logos application to the Applications folder (step 2).

Thanks for correcting that Gregory

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS