Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 187
Fabian | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 14 2021 9:10 AM

Hello

I have imported a Public domain Hebrew Bible as PBB. 

Unfortunately it doesn't recognize it correct. 

1. The font is not the same as it is with other Hebrew Bibles. 

2. I get lots of warnings: [Warning] Unknown class name 'HebrewText'

3. May you have a good advice in general

Thanks

Fabian

Posts 19134
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 14 2021 5:23 PM

Fabian:
I get lots of warnings: [Warning] Unknown class name 'HebrewText'

Apologies for not knowing what class name warning means as did not encounter it for thread => Unpointed Hebrew Masoretic Text Personal Book

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 14 2021 5:30 PM

Please upload part of the docx file (e.g. the first few verses of a chapter) using the paperclip icon. We can then see what changes need to be made.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 187
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2021 12:28 AM

Hello

Many thanks for your help.

Point 1. I was able to solve as I had done the docx in SBL hebrew. I guess it would be good to add this in the wiki, for Hebrew and the equivalent for Greek texts. 

But now  happens.

If I change the Heading to New Times Roman it comes correct. It would be good if Logos does by itself.

For Greek and Hebrew import I often get  error. I have then to delete the PBB fist before I'm able to import  a newer version.

Here is an example. As I have changed to SBL Hebrew the warning: "This font is not supported" fade away.

2337.Example.docx

But I have still a lot of warnings.

For example:

[Warning] Das Dokument enthält hebräische Zeichen („אִ֣ישַׁי אַולֵד ל֣דַוִיד מַלכָּא֖ דַּ֣וִיד אַולֵד לַ֣שׁלֵימָון מֵן אַנ֗תּתֵה…‏“), die nicht mit einem entsprechenden Sprachcode gekennzeichnet sind; sie werden möglicherweise nicht in der richtigen Reihenfolge angezeigt. I have done the Hebrew in {{field-on:hebrew}} {{field-off:hebrew}}, but that was not recognized. 

Thanks 

If we can solve the issues, I guess it would be good to update the wiki.

Fabian

Posts 187
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2021 12:47 AM

Dave

Greek words has to be in SBL Greek for correct import. I guess you add this to the wiki also. Best with download links.

Thanks

Fabian

Posts 393
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2021 2:08 AM

Fabian:
For Greek and Hebrew import I often get  error. I have then to delete the PBB fist before I'm able to import  a newer version.

This happens not only with Greek and Hebrew, but other Personal Books as well. You don't have to delete the PB, you can also close and reopen Logos to solve this. There are many threads on this forum about this.

Posts 187
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2021 2:16 AM

@Bernhard

Thanks, that helps a lot. But it would be good if Logos fix this bug.

Fabian

Posts 187
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2021 2:23 AM

I have now tried to use for all SBL_Lit. The good one: I can use a whole font for German/English and Hebrew. The bad one: I cannot change the font in Logos anymore. This seems to be a bug. And the warnings still exists. 

It seems this font didn't work properly. I cannot change the font in the Prefs. (By the way after changing from SBL Hebrew to SBL BIBLIT I have to delet the module otherwise SBL BIBLIT wasn't recognized in the headings.)

Thanks

Fabian

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2021 4:32 PM

Fabian:

Dave

Greek words has to be in SBL Greek for correct import. I guess you add this to the wiki also. Best with download links.

The font used can be problematic if not installed for use in the operating system. This is what I get when compiling your document:-

[Error] Font 'SBL Hebrew' is specified but not installed or embedded. Is this a valid font name?
[Warning]     Setting font for 'SBL Hebrew' to 'Times New Roman'

This would explain why the personal book does not respond to Hebrew language changes in Program Settings. I think it also causes:

[Warning] Unknown class name 'HebrewText'.

This Hebrew New Testament project might assist you. It uses Times New Roman for the Hebrew and avoids the above messages, but you still get many messages like:

[Warning] Document contains Hebrew characters (“ולָא חַכמָה֑ עדַמָא דִּילֵדתֵה לַברָה בֻּוכרָא֑ וַקרָת שׁמֵה יֵ֣שֻׁוע סס”) that have not been tagged....

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 187
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2021 11:54 PM

Hello Dave

Many thanks. This helps me. The warnings are also by importing of the other file. Maybe the key word is: "That have not been tagged". As on the whole file no word is tagged. I guess this is a warning for the creator of Logos modules from Logos itself.

Unfortunately I can't change the font if I use Times New Roman. 

Fabian

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS